Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
PricelineUS$26
Expedia.comUS$29
TravelocityUS$29
Trip.comUS$31
All reviews king size sabang beach noise pesos boat balcony typhoon generator resort wifi pg
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2019

Booked two rooms for our stay. We have total of 6 adults and 1 child. Room #7 is adequate for my family. Room #2 got the big bed (king size), this one is different, the sink is outside the comfort room. (this is funny). The cleaners are very nice and polite including the reception.

I woke up in the middle of the night around 2:30 am because of a man on the phone just in front of the balcony. So yeah, messes my sleep for sure. In the morning, i dont wake up because of my alarm, it is because of noises coming from outside even with that glass enclosure MAN! You can hear them. They love to talk loud in front of the porch. These are locals. They like the shade in front of the rooms. Couple of them talk loudly. And then when you go out to enjoy your coffee then they start to bother you. You need boat? Island hopping and on and on.. my God!

The hotel have generator which is a good thing because "Ursula typhoon" was in Mindoro last week. Wifi is not strong enough. When the signal on the TV is out, wifi is out too. I only have the chance to connect on and off to wifi from 23-24 of Dec. then from 25-26 no WIFI. So if you're looking for a reliable wifi, maybe this hotel is not for you or bring your own.

Even we are at the front beach i dont think that the beach is clean enough. So No! we didn't go swimming.

Room tip: do not book the front beach if you want a more quiet room
Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 29 December 2019

This is an OK Hotel with a good staff and Restaurant. The current problem with Puerto Galera is all of the street pedlars that are constantly harassing the tourists. This No security at this hotel to prevent the constant barrage of sellers. One even went so far as to poke me to make sure I was listening. " No thank you" means nothing. They will continue until you are stern in your No! This is unfortunate as it is a blight on the entire area. The boat we hired would not go near the places described stating we had to transfer to another boat,, for another fee.... Outrageous,,,no need to return,,,

Room tip: The people hung around outside all night long,,, no security to usher them elsewhere.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank James W
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

I was there in PG to dive but this place was highly recommended to me. I took their recommendation and wasn’t disappointed except for the really poor internet connection. But than again. I was diving. Staff was great and lined everything up for me with airport to hotel shuttle.
Ask for the speedboat Hap-go or Seatax for quick ride to the island (30 min) for 800 pesos or take the 2.0hr ferry 300 pesos. I will do the 800 pesos every-time.
See you all Jan 2020 for 21 days.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank csnider69
Reviewed 3 January 2019

Lets start with the cons. Typhoon was hitting so there were somewhat frequent brown outs. They do have a generator to keep things going, but our hot water was out a few times in the morning which was inconvenient. Only reason for 1 star mark off. but that is my only complaint.

Pros: Very friendly staff. Wifi. comfortable clean rooms. Just far enough from the main street that you are not getting too much outside noise from people. Large room for the one we had. Pool was decent. Since there was a typhoon i did not get to really get out much but my girlfriend and i still had a great time.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas Z
Reviewed 20 December 2018

Papa Fred's was a great choice for anyone looking for great, clean, basic accommodations. The staff were super friendly and helped me book a moped ride over to White Beach for the day.

My room was on the ground level and had a great little porch to relax on.

It was a super easy walk straight from the dock where the boat let me off. As a solo female traveler, I felt very safe and looked after at Papa Fred's.

Date of stay: February 2018