US$44
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$51/night.

Seashore Beach Resort(Sabang)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$25
  • Beachfront
Sea Jewel Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$47
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Sabang Oasis Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$32
  • Pool
De Luna Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$26
  • Breakfast included
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$34
  • Beachfront
Amami Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$15
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$17/night.

Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$25
US$58
US$52
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Steps Garden Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$42
US$36
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthousesabang beachdive shops and restaurantsflights of stairsnice resortper dayscuba divingnice poolcable tvnightlifeensuitepierpadiprosinstructortrikecons
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We completed our Advanced PADI certification with PADI Instructor Rolly. We had only one last dive to do as we had already completed most of the course before and Rolly took us through all the course material and took us through our paces in the night dive. We were able to quickly cover the tasks underwater and get on with exploring the area. He has a fantastic eye for all kinds of life hidden under the sand. The equipment provided by the company was all top qualit and in good condition.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Seakay90
Reviewed 3 September 2016

stayed at room 17, which is the same level as the restaurant.....great location, great rooms, very friendly staff, and very nice Danish manager.....played billiard most of the evening and the staff were very good in "supplying" cold beers....i will surely go back

Room Tip: had a friend in a pool suite.....very nice for a family, but my room, 17, was very quiet and convenient
  • Stayed: September 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Spent several days with them and I was pleased with my decision to stay at this location.

Hotel Pros:

- Quiet: Its not down in the heart of the city and clubs so you don't get the hustle and bustle and the noise that comes with it. Be aware that you are right next to the main road so you will hear cars and motorcycles.
- Clean: The hotel is very clean and well maintained
- Friendly: Everyone is very nice and helpful
- Food: The food prepared was tasty and at a good price
- Comfortable: The room is well done and they have hot water all the time. Bed is nice and the fridge in well stocked.

Hotel Cons:
- Not close to shore so you have to walk a bunch up and down the street (not far, but you should know)
- Stairs: Its built vertical so you will being doing your steps
- Restaurant hot: They don't have an indoor eating area so you will be hot while eating
- Reception Hours: They are not staffed 24 hours so no help at night
- Diet Soda: They don't have diet soda available in the rom so I had to always go out and get them at the store down the road.

SCUBA Pros:
- Staff: I have to say the Liza was great in the dive area to help the divers with anything they could need. Anthony is a great Divemaster and I enjoyed diving with him (being an instructor I would welcome him to be my Divemaster)
- Boat: They clearly have the best boats in the area. Twin outboards and well designed.
- Gear: As I brought my own gear I did not use rentals but the others there did use the rentals and they looked well maintained.
- Options: Standard Air, Nitrox and Mixed Gas is available
- Location: They have a dive shop right on the water so you can keep your gear right there and not have to lug it up and down.
- Gear handling: They handle your gear for you so you don't need to worry about it being cleaned and hung each day.

SCUBA Cons:
- Assist: While this is a minor issue, I was surprised that they did not lift your gear into the boat for you. We had to climb up the boat ladder with the gear on our backs. Every other operation in the area has you remove your BCD int he water and they lift it for you while you climb in without the weight on your back. They need to adopt this standard.
- Validation: No one ever asked to see my C-Card? Ever!

A few Notes:

- If you are there only for the diving, they have good rooms at about half the price directly above the dive shop. You an save some money and not have to walk up the road. If you are traveling single then this is the best bet (no pool or restaurant but that is not an issue if you are alone)

- Ask for a room on the third or fourth floor if you are staying at the main location to have a view and not be in the sound echo

- Remember to provide a tip at the end of your stay. I spoke to a couple of people that did not realize this was customary and these people need the tips to survive.

I WILL BE BACK - THANK YOU ALL

Room Tip: Choose a High floor
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
3  Thank jtmandelbaum
Reviewed 7 July 2016

I stayed for a long weekend with Mermaid Resort in one of the rooms over the dive shop. I have stayed at the hilltop location of Mermaid previously, but I think this will be my preferred location going forward. It's right on the waterfront so there is minimal street noise and it's easy to get to several of the dive shops and restaurants along the beach. The room was recently renovated and was quite comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank kburas
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

Just had a week at mermaid resort and enjoyed sabang so much I extended by 4 days. Very convenient just out of the main town, nice food, beer 24/7 and a pool that's hardly used (quality for late nights). Rooms are quiet (unless next to the road) with everything you could want. Will definitely go back there.

Stayed: June 2016, traveled solo