Spent several days with them and I was pleased with my decision to stay at this location.
- Quiet: Its not down in the heart of the city and clubs so you don't get the hustle and bustle and the noise that comes with it. Be aware that you are right next to the main road so you will hear cars and motorcycles.
- Clean: The hotel is very clean and well maintained
- Friendly: Everyone is very nice and helpful
- Food: The food prepared was tasty and at a good price
- Comfortable: The room is well done and they have hot water all the time. Bed is nice and the fridge in well stocked.
- Not close to shore so you have to walk a bunch up and down the street (not far, but you should know)
- Stairs: Its built vertical so you will being doing your steps
- Restaurant hot: They don't have an indoor eating area so you will be hot while eating
- Reception Hours: They are not staffed 24 hours so no help at night
- Diet Soda: They don't have diet soda available in the rom so I had to always go out and get them at the store down the road.
- Staff: I have to say the Liza was great in the dive area to help the divers with anything they could need. Anthony is a great Divemaster and I enjoyed diving with him (being an instructor I would welcome him to be my Divemaster)
- Boat: They clearly have the best boats in the area. Twin outboards and well designed.
- Gear: As I brought my own gear I did not use rentals but the others there did use the rentals and they looked well maintained.
- Options: Standard Air, Nitrox and Mixed Gas is available
- Location: They have a dive shop right on the water so you can keep your gear right there and not have to lug it up and down.
- Gear handling: They handle your gear for you so you don't need to worry about it being cleaned and hung each day.
- Assist: While this is a minor issue, I was surprised that they did not lift your gear into the boat for you. We had to climb up the boat ladder with the gear on our backs. Every other operation in the area has you remove your BCD int he water and they lift it for you while you climb in without the weight on your back. They need to adopt this standard.
- Validation: No one ever asked to see my C-Card? Ever!
A few Notes:
- If you are there only for the diving, they have good rooms at about half the price directly above the dive shop. You an save some money and not have to walk up the road. If you are traveling single then this is the best bet (no pool or restaurant but that is not an issue if you are alone)
- Ask for a room on the third or fourth floor if you are staying at the main location to have a view and not be in the sound echo
- Remember to provide a tip at the end of your stay. I spoke to a couple of people that did not realize this was customary and these people need the tips to survive.
I WILL BE BACK - THANK YOU ALL
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera is the finest dive resort in Sabang, Puerto Galera. The waters around have been dubbed the center of the center of marine biodiversity in the world. Mermaid Resort features 40 large guest rooms and suites -- all exclusively furnished with the comforts of a modern hotel resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Mermaid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mermaid Hotel Puerto Galera
- Mermaid Resort Puerto Galera