Lalaguna Villas
Sea Jewel Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
US$45
US$33
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Badladz Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$36
  • Pool
Badladz Dive Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$25
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
El Canonero Diving & Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$31
US$25
US$23
  • Beachfront
US$40
US$34
Priceline
Montani Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$27
  • Pool
Papa Fred's Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)(Great Value!)
US$41
US$130
US$101
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssabang piergallon water dispenserspeed boat servicesamsung tvshuttle boaticed teawished we could have stayed longerno elevatorluxury villaworked perfectlyfacilities includingfloor roomhotel is beautifulfree laundry serviceprompt responseperfect accommodationlarge fridge
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My wife and myself stayed at La Laguna Villas for 2 nights as part of our delayed honey moon. In short, best in class experience!

The Hotel itself is a boat ride away from the main Sabang pier and walking distance to the pier itself or, other beaches.

We had booked the executive room and the room was big, filled with amenities such as microwave, hot and cold distilled water dispenser which were a nice touch. The room is fully airconditioned and with an attached veranda to sun bath in lounges.The bathroom has 24 hours hot water, and also included a whirlpool jet bath tub which added to our experience of feeling pampered.

The staff are an asset to La Laguna Villas, always courteous and friendly, accommodating all our requests and inquires. The staff also helped us arrange island hopping excursions which were fair in price. A family atmosphere!

We also had the BBQ on the roof top, which was a delightful experience! The food was plentiful and atmosphere overlooking the bay contributed to a romantic affair for us as a couple and is something for travelers to look forward to!

There are fair bit of nice restaurants of all flavors to try within a short distance of the hotel as well. There are many bars also located at a short distance as well as diving schools should you take the fancy.

We recommend La Laguna Villas to anyone who would want to feel right at home for a relaxing and pleasant stay. Best in class and value for money!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank MUYAMAN
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay here. I booked for 2 separate rooms online and they offered us an upgrade to the 2 br villas for 2k a night add on. The room was spacious for our family and clean. We were able to cook our own food. Beach front was not good for swimming but you just need to walk 5 mins and theres a nice beach at the back.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Notzilog
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I stayed for 6 days and I enjoyed every single one of them. My room was spacious, clean, with balcony overlooking the ocean and I even had access to next-door kitchen. Wifi is strong everywhere within the resort (and rooms) and fast.
The food in the restaurant was surprisingly good too, so I ended up eating mostly in-house too. Staff was friendly and I honestly can't say a single bad word about my stay there. If I ever go back to PG, I'll stay here again for sure.
PS. Unless you have a backpack, it's worth dishing the P200 for boat pickup as it's a bit of a walk from the jetty.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Vlad75
Reviewed 9 March 2017

Be very very cautious when making reservations at this hotel. I had a reservation for the night of December 25th 2016. Due to a Typhoon, the ferry to the island was not running. The hotel was kind enough to send me an email stating that the ferry was not running. When I requested a refund, I was told that my reservation was not refundable. The only thing they would do was issue me a credit for a future visa. I am from the United States with no plans to return to the Philippines any time soon. A Credit does me no good. A hotel that will not refund due to cancellation because of an Act of Nature is one I would be leery of.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dale F
Thomas H, Manager at Lalaguna Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Dear Dale,

First of all we would like apologize for your inconvenience with your booking here at Lalaguna Villas.

Unfortunately the typhoon in December was so severe that the coast guard had no option but to cancel all crossings to the island of Mindoro due to passenger safety issues.

We do understand and sympathize with your frustrations over Orbitz's cancellation policy. Unfortunately you choose the non refundable option when you made the booking, but as a gesture of good faith on our behalf, we have offered you one night's stay here at Lalaguna Villas as compensation even before you wrote this review.

We are looking forward welcoming you to our resort here in Puerto Galera

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Stayed at La Laguna Villas for 8 nights in Villa L66 (6th Floor) and it was the second time I have stayed at the resort and requested the same room. This resort has a range of room types to suit all budgets but if you are looking for modern high end accommodation with all the comforts of home then the Luxury Villas will meet your requirements. There are certainly cheaper options available but you get what you pay for. The room was exactly as the photos on the website depict with stunning views from the large balcony and the facilities around the resort are well maintained. Staff are friendly and accommodating and everyone from the cleaners to the security guard will greet you with a smile as you pass. The in house dining was good quality with plenty of choice and being 24 hours can order up some munchies after a night on the town. Internet is reasonably good for Philippines standard and for Divers one of the best dive shops in Puerto Galera "Action Divers" is literally right on the front door step. Personally the thing that sets this resort apart from others I have stayed in is the comfortable beds - they have spent the money on quality mattresses and it makes any holiday that much more relaxing when you get a good nights sleep. I will return for sure!

Room Tip: If your not so fit or don't like stairs request a room on lower floors but the higher the climb the better the view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo