Lalaguna Villas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Portofino Beach Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Breakfast included
Out of the Blue Resort(Puerto Galera)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Deep Blue Sea Inn(Puerto Galera)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Sabang Oasis Resort(Puerto Galera)
Scandi Divers(Puerto Galera)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewssabang piergallon water dispenserspeed boat servicesamsung tviced teano elevatorshuttle boatwished we could have stayed longerluxury villaworked perfectlyfacilities includingfloor roomprompt responseperfect accommodationlarge fridgebig swimming poolan excellent hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Be very very cautious when making reservations at this hotel. I had a reservation for the night of December 25th 2016. Due to a Typhoon, the ferry to the island was not running. The hotel was kind enough to send me an email stating that the ferry was not running. When I requested a refund, I was told that my reservation was not refundable. The only thing they would do was issue me a credit for a future visa. I am from the United States with no plans to return to the Philippines any time soon. A Credit does me no good. A hotel that will not refund due to cancellation because of an Act of Nature is one I would be leery of.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dale F
Thomas H, Manager at Lalaguna Villas, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2017

Dear Dale,

First of all we would like apologize for your inconvenience with your booking here at Lalaguna Villas.

Unfortunately the typhoon in December was so severe that the coast guard had no option but to cancel all crossings to the island of Mindoro due to passenger safety issues.

We do understand and sympathize with your frustrations over Orbitz's cancellation policy. Unfortunately you choose the non refundable option when you made the booking, but as a gesture of good faith on our behalf, we have offered you one night's stay here at Lalaguna Villas as compensation even before you wrote this review.

We are looking forward welcoming you to our resort here in Puerto Galera

Reviewed March 2, 2017

Stayed at La Laguna Villas for 8 nights in Villa L66 (6th Floor) and it was the second time I have stayed at the resort and requested the same room. This resort has a range of room types to suit all budgets but if you are looking for modern high end accommodation with all the comforts of home then the Luxury Villas will meet your requirements. There are certainly cheaper options available but you get what you pay for. The room was exactly as the photos on the website depict with stunning views from the large balcony and the facilities around the resort are well maintained. Staff are friendly and accommodating and everyone from the cleaners to the security guard will greet you with a smile as you pass. The in house dining was good quality with plenty of choice and being 24 hours can order up some munchies after a night on the town. Internet is reasonably good for Philippines standard and for Divers one of the best dive shops in Puerto Galera "Action Divers" is literally right on the front door step. Personally the thing that sets this resort apart from others I have stayed in is the comfortable beds - they have spent the money on quality mattresses and it makes any holiday that much more relaxing when you get a good nights sleep. I will return for sure!

Room Tip: If your not so fit or don't like stairs request a room on lower floors but the higher the climb the better the view!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Lalaguna Villas was par for everything with the exception of the view which was a hole in one! We stayed at the penthouse with a balcony and that view alone was worth the night stay other than that unless you are sharing the penthouse with a group of people it's quite expensive.

They do have a boat that picks you up from the harbor which is great and starts things off quite nice.

The rooms were clean and definitely accommodating but nothing is free! You are given an awesome amount of bathroom supplies but be warned they all come at a price! There was a 3D TV which was fun to use. Their internet was high speed which I believe is far and few between in this area.

Depending on the person and the family this may ve a positive or a negative -- there is no elevator. So if you are staying at the penthouse or a high numbered room you are working to get there -- talk about a leg burn!

The pool is nice and great for families. The restaurant/bar has great service and the bartender is awesome. He mixes great drinks. The food though is just par -- nothing super fantastic or something to go out of your way to eat.

The one great thing at Lalaguna is the dive resort they partner with. Their front desk customer service is also very good and the staff are very friendly.

Overall it's a little over priced (but we did stay at one of the most expensive rooms) but the view was spectacular and the service pretty good.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank kcaleda
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Visited La Laguna Villas Jan. 31 to Feb 10th 2017 with a special someone and a lovely couple from Austria.

I must agree LLV is one of the nicest hotel in Sabang/Puerto Galera. I must commend that it has approachable and helpful staff (Kudos esp. Bar/Poolside, Receptions/Frontdesk, Security & SpeedBoat Crews).

There was just a little misunderstanding during the check out when the housekeeping staff inaccurately reported we ate 2 bars of chocolates in the fridge which were never there when we arrived, as well as the deo that H-staff thought belongs to LLV. The report was corrected, when we mentioned that we didn't even use any of the complimentary toiletries they have provided since day 1, as we have brought our personal toiletries.

Overall, it didn't affect my impression of LLV and its staff.

Very Good rating for now as there's a room for improvement especially for the housekeeping staff who plays a very critical role not only to keep the room clean and neat but most especially he/she is expected to be 100℅ accurate in validating the room's conditions when the guests are ready to check out.

Lesson learned: Next time? maybe i will take a photo of the fridge, bathroom or any storage box that has anything that can be billed during the check out. Lol! :)

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoWithTheFLOW842
Chris S, Owner at Lalaguna Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2017

Hi GWTF

Sorry about the mistake with the chocolate charge. No need to photograph the fridge next time, because we have tightened up on this in 3 ways:
- first, you automatically get an email with full details anytime any item is charged to you room; minibar replenishment is always charged to your room, so you will know immediately if something goes wrong and requires action.
- second, our HK team will only fill the fridge in full, or not at all, and this will be checked during room orientation.
- third, I have promised not to sneak into unoccupied rooms and eat the chocolate from the minibars.

We think these measures, especially the last one, will reduce errors to microscopic levels.

Not to make excuses, but we were a little understaffed during that busiest period of the year, as some employees were still chasing the roof which was literally blown off their house during the typhoon on Xmas day. These events are uncommon so there is a very good chance that your next visit will be completely perfect, as we strive to do with every visit by every guest.

Thanks for your feedback; this prompted a timely review and improvement of some of our procedures.

Regards
Chris

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently stayed here and I can say that this place was definitely the best hotel I came across when walking around Sabang. The staff were super friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well maintained (despite the recent typhoon). And all of the facilities were impeccable.

The only fault we really found was the private transfer from Manila airport which took 6+ hours to get there (mainly due to heavy wind preventing the smaller private boat followed by their car breaking down). To be honest though these things were more or less out of their control. Would definitely recommend this place to people looking to stay in Sabang.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple