“Luxury time in Lalaguna Villas”
Review of Lalaguna Villas

Lalaguna Villas
Ranked #6 of 52 Hotels in Puerto Galera
“Luxury time in Lalaguna Villas”
Reviewed November 16, 2016

We (2 adults and a child) had great time in LaLaguna. It was a great welcome from Lalaguna Villas just a phone call and they picked us up from Sabang port in 5 minutes with their boat. The place is located in a very quiet area, it´s ideal for resting and relax. The rooms are very big and spacious. A king sized bed, couch, cabinet, microwave, balcony with amazing views and two pool chairs. Big bathroom and a dispensor of cold water in your room. The facilities are really nice like pool area. It´s very comfortable and if you go with kids they will find toys for the pool and also towels are avalaible. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a game room where you can play table tennis, karaoke or board games. There is a gym if you like exercise. And for relax and good views, the top roof restaurant and the hot tub are where you can have some relax time. I doubt that you can find better place in Puerto Galera. If you are going for business, you will find high speed connection.

Room Tip: The higher room better view
  • Stayed October 2016, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

My three days stay in La Laguna Villas was quite a game changer. While I've been to 10 provinces in the Philippines for the last 10 months, I usually stay in budget inns since I am travelling on a tight budget. But since my cousin fancies luxurious hotels, I just had to appreciate even the smallest details.

Why choose La Laguna Villas?
1. The rooms are spacious and clean. I loved ours since it's the penthouse. I loved my morning view of the sunrise everyday. Our kitchen/living room was too big for six people :) and I loved waking up to a peaceful and cool ambiance.
2. The breakfast foods are the bomb! I don't drink alcohol but, hey, they have happy hour, too! I loved their fresh fruit juices!
3. The staffs are pleasant and very friendly. My cousin's boyfriend loves to talk and he really enjoyed talking to the staffs. We saw it! I am not sure if the staff is just being friendly or what, but Ray never ran out of words to say hehe
4. I had to leave a day earlier than my family and the resort's private boat took me to the pier for free. Cool. I enjoyed my lone time.
5. We had the pool to ourselves everyday since it's a weekday. I had a great time swimming.
6.though we had to take 100 steps to reach the penthouse, it was still fun cause I had to do cardio exercise for three days. I love that the building is painted white and reminds me a little bit of Santorini, Greece (though I've never been there)
7. They have wifi! Yey!

Downside:
1. 5-10 minutes walk to get to the main land (marketplace, resto, spa)
2. The front beach (Sabang) is not swimmable.
3. They don't have their personalized toilettries, slippers, etc. But they give local shampoo sachets & soap. (P.S. they will charge you if you use the other stuffs other than that, so, beware)

For more info, please feel free to email me at tin_dambo@yahoo.com :)

Stayed September 2016, traveled with family
2 Thank Enitsirk C
Chris S, Owner at Lalaguna Villas, responded to this review, January 15, 2017
You are a hard marker, Enitsirk. Only 3 out of 5, after the many aspects you said you enjoyed? I hope your cousin posts a review. :)

I completely agree with your observation about the toiletries provided at the time you stayed with us. However, you will be pleased to know that we now provide a range of complimentary toiletries. It took us a while to find a supplier with environmentally responsible packaging, and suitable quality. I believe the items we now supply, from the "eco-pure" range, will not disappoint anyone.

There are varying opinions about our location. Yes, it is a 10 minute stroll into town along the beach, but many guests view it as preferable to be a safe distance away from the sounds and smells of Sabang. The peaceful serenity you enjoyed so much each morning is not available when you stay within the township. Besides, for just P100, our new speedboat will deliver you to, or collect you from, Sabang port in a minute and a half, anytime you like. (Free transfer on arrival/departure for direct bookings.)

I agree that the beach in front of the resort is difficult for recreational swimmers; but it is paradise on your doorstep for snorkelers and divers. 500 meters further from Sabang is Big Lalaguna, which has an excellent swimming beach, virtually free of that pesky coral. And don't forget our pool is the largest and cleanest in the Sabang area; open 24 hours, as is the restaurant and bar.

Thank you for your comments; I hope this extra information helps to complete the picture of our resort for your readers.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2016

Booked this resort directly, their website has a link for their email or facebook messenger is also an option to establish communication (prompt response noted), if you book directly, they can arrange pick up using speedboat at Sabang port.
The resort is perfect for families, rooms are clean & luxurious. Staff are always more than happy to help. Management is very accomodating to all your holiday needs. Swimming pool is clean & well maitained. Food is delicious & served fresh. I highly recommend this resort & will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Choose the budget rooms if you are not fit to climb higher than the 2nd floor. It's basic but en...
  • Stayed August 2016, traveled with family
philippines
Reviewed September 15, 2016

First of all, I would like to thank the management for upgrading me and my husband to a luxury villa ( L66). I was at first aprehensive to book this resort, because of some reviews about long climb to the rooms. We are matured couples and I am really not very fit, but I can say, it really was not that hard, because the steps are maneagable. Our room has a nice view from our huge balcony. We have a jacuzzi in the bathroom and a well equiped kitchen. There were 2 TV sets equiped with sound system. One in In the living room and in the bedroom. We were impressed with the cleanliness of our room and the entire resort. The aircon in the room and in the bedroom were both cold. The water in the pool was so refreshing. I think they use purified water. The sound system in the pool area was also great and the ambiance were nice. Away from public eye. The staff are polite and accomodating. I will surely stay in this resort again, when I come back to Puerto Galera.

Room Tip: Choose luxury villas.
  • Stayed September 2016, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Great quiet location, they provide shuttle boat to avoid the hassle of walking on the beach with your luggage. Make arrangement prior to come !
We booked it during a family holiday but the place is mostly visit by sexpats. And healthy ones because the best view are located on the top of a steep stairs. Not recommended if you are scared at heights and if you have heart conditions (or prams). Beside this, the superior rooms are absolutely aver the top. A lot of space with kitchen, water dispenser, room service, cleaning and luggage service (the last one is more than essential). The food is OK and not cheap but is a trends in Sabang. Nice pool and security service too that provides headlight for your night excursion to Sabang.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled with family