“Promo”

Apartelle de Francesca
Ranked #19 of 55 Puerto Galera B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2016 via mobile

Availing the 3 days 2 nights promo is not that satisfying experience. The swimming pool is ok. The restaurant is good but aside from free breakfast, i didn't take any orders because of expensive rates of their menu. Considering the room price, the room is not that cozy, small bed, small tv, water pressure is weak, water heater is malfunctioning and no internet signal inside the room. If you want to have a good room, don't take the junior suit double. I gave consideration on my rating because of their very friendly and very accommodating staff!! Overall, it is a good hotel. My tip is take their deluxe room if you have big budget. Souvenir shop is located just outside the hotel.

Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for a week until 7 th December, staff are friendly great location for white beach, rooms are a little tired, but still comfortable, pool is great too, lots of restaurants just round the corner
Free pool table, didn't eat here but have a restaurant

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2015 via mobile

Date of stay:
Nov 15 to 17, 2015 (3D/2N)

Type of stay:
family vacation (3 adults/1 toddler)

A month before our vacation, I researched the whereabouts, suggested itineraries and accomodations in Puerto Galera. I looked at places with indoor swimming pool at affordable (and reasonable) price ranges since we will be on tour with my daughter.

What captured my attention was Apartelle de Francesca has a pool with their trademark foot-shaped swimming pool (in addition to the jacuzzi). By the looks of it, I know for sure that my daughter will enjoy her stay at PG. I reserved Junior Suite Rm B which is good for 4 people.

I immediately texted the number listed here at TripAdvisor for Apartelle de Francesca and soon enough they replied to me. As for me, communication is a huge plus points for them.

Ms.Claire instantly established rapport and everytime I texted her, she replied to me asap. With her on the other line, our communication went smoothly. She quoted a price reasonable enough for us. So I immediately deposited 50%+ in advance at BDO so that they can give me a voucher (email generated receipt), which they gave as soon as I confirmed that I deposited the money.

Also, I even texted her for a reschedule since our trip became ahead of our planned event. But since November is a non-peak season at Puerto Galera, it is of no hassle. The voucher details are great for first timers (like us) who would want to know what will be the next step.

At Batangas Port, staff of Minolo Shipping Lines (their partner carrier) assisted us and carried our bags. They told us that Apartelle de Francesca already gave them a heads-up upon our arrival. My husband called it a nice, organized way of escorting. I bought a round trip ticket which costs 500php each. My daughter is free of charge.

From there, I texted Ms.Claire that the boat will soon be on its' journey to PG. She even asked for the boat name so that their staff who would fetch us will know what boat we were at. (nice, huh?)

We arrived at White Beach, Puerto Galera at around 9am on sunday, Nov 15th, we we're escorted by Francesca resort staff that led the way to the MSL tent to confirm our departure day, which is on tuesday, nov 17th. Confirmation should be done prior to boarding the outrigger boat a day before the departure date for documentation purposes and headcount.

The sun was up and it was mid-afternoon when we approached Apartelle de Francesca. Upon arriving the staff gave us a very refreshing drink, which was very rejuvenating.

I came face to face with Ms.Claire (surrounded by all of the staff of the hotel). She briefly oriented us about the rules about tattoos, henna tattoo is a taboo to them, since the ink on the tattoos will create ink stains to the blankets, towels and pillowcases. It is fairly reasonable that stained property of the hotel will be considered damage. And if it is damaged, visitors will be fined. (That's fair though.)

She asked me to sign the documents about the henna tattoo and policy that Francesca hotel abides. She discussed all of the amenities of the hotel which were very fabulous. Including the famous toe-shaped indoor swimming pool, free wifi, restaurant and their souvenir shop.

INDOOR SWIMMING POOL is awesome! The pattern of the pool is toe-shaped with the toe fingers as little jaccuzi pools ideal for kids and for my toddler, it also has a fountain-like side designs and colored lights that turns on for night time swimming. The water was not so cold and clean. It is not chlorinated water. (We enjoyed it!)

Their MINI BAR/ RESTOBAR is the place where you can enjoy their complimentary breakfast. They allowed us to get water, which was alkaline, in their water dispenser free of charge. It was a big plus to them since water is very precious at Puerto Galera. But we brought distilled water for my daughter.

Their wifi's signal was okay. Billiards free of charge for tenants.

Their souvenir shop is awesome! For those who would not want to buy pasalubong outside. Sarong, caps, swimming gears, magnets and keychains with Puerto Galera titles are available at a very reasonable price. You can choose different prints, different colors for the tshirts at a very good price. The fabric of their shirts is purely cotton and not thin.

Itinerary:
Ms.Claire told me that for itineraries the tenants of Apartelle de Francesca can book a trip with a private tour guide (1 boat/tour) that they partnered. So that in all of the things that their guests do, they are well informed about their whereabouts. (hmm, that's what you call "good customer service") She also gave some suggestions about the best time to go and etc. We confirmed for an idland hopping, fish feeding and snorkelling tour for me and for my sister.

After breakfast, Kuya Don, their driver, drove us with their multi cab to the boat docked at san isidro, Puerto Galera. He assisted us and never left us until we were at the boat. He gave us his number so that after our itinerary if we don't have any vehicle. He will come to fetch us. (Kudos Kuya!)

Before our departure, Apartelle de Francesca gave us a token of appreciation for choosing their hotel. They gave my husband a sunvisor, to me and my sister white shoulder bags with the print of Puerto Galera as souvenirs. Also, Ms.Claire asked their hotel driver to bring us to white beach port for our scheduled departure at Puerto Galera via MSL.

All-in-all our experience at Puerto Galera will be a must list of places to return to! With APARTELLE DE FRANCESCA as our preferred hotel.

Thanks to the staff of Apartelle de Francesca, especially to Ms.Claire for a job well done! Great service guys!\

Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Irish O
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2015 via mobile

The rooms were clean including the bathroom and other facilities :) especially that im into clean facilities when going to vacations, however one of the windows in our room had a problem. staffs were really accommodating. it's a 5-10 min walk to reach the beach but walking is not an issue for us. The manager was kind enough to adjust our schedule for the stay since we had a problem on the date we initially planned to go to PG but she still managed to accommodate us and our questions :) thumbs up to you!

Special thanks to the owner (whom we were not able to meet) because she was the one who answered my query (via email) and gave me a discount hehe :) there's always a room for improvement (like the window in our room) :)

They're strict with the bed sheets and towels. That's why if you're planning to get henna tattoo, make sure you won't stain anything or you'll pay for it :) (they will inform and remind you once you get there naman :) )

Thanks!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Undoubtedly, this is one of the best in PG though not located near at the beach. It has a swimming pool and jacuzzi, billiard table and souvenir shop. The room is clean and no problems on any department whatsoever. The staffs are friendly although may need some training as I didnt feel much warm welcome. The breakfast is just ok, but I think at that price-point it should have more servings. Aside from above average rates and relatively poor internet connection (at least in my room), this hotel is ideal for family who's looking for a place not too noisy but accessible to nightlife anytime.

Room Tip: Go for room near pool or right in the middle, for easy internet connection and pool soaking