Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
$58
Trip.com$72
Lol.travel
Agoda.com$68
All reviews dive sites dive master verde island big la laguna beach dive shop great diving clear instructions sea creatures diving experience sabang area dive staff small beach up to date experienced divers boat crew blue ring octopus non divers
Selected filters
Reviewed July 16, 2022

The first thing I would like to mention about Scandi Divers is the excellent customer service that we received from every member of the staff. The dive sites were similarly excellent, but the service that we received in accessing these was top notch.

We stayed in a penthouse room with an incredible view. Even though we had next-door neighbors, there was no noise through the concrete wall. We were also not bothered with pests in the room; it was very clean and well-maintained.

The trip was an all-inclusive, and the food was always very fresh and delicious, with choices for our appetizer and main. Dessert was included as well and was similarly fresh and creative. The staff made an effort to learn names and also to remember one's preferences; it was this personal touch, in particular, that made a huge difference in the quality of Scandi Divers compared to other dive resorts.

The diving was well-organized, and each diver was looked after as to their equipment (full concierge service) and logging their nitrox (all nitrox due to multiple dives each day). One of the nicest thing about diving with Scandi, besides the professional service, is that the dive sites were relatively close and the boat would return to the resort between each dive. Scandi was also most concerned with the comfort of their divers, providing a much-appreciated hot face towel after each dive.

Although the penthouse rooms are spacious and the views are unbeatable, the internet is probably stronger in a room closer to the lobby. The shower head in our bathroom was in need of a major descaling and was liable to spray one sideways in the eye. (The rest of the bathroom was very nice). The only other annoyance was the persistence of the vendors on the public beach in front of the dive preparation area. This is largely out of the control of the resort, but multiple reiterations of "no" every day was required to duck them.

We definitely recommend Scandi Divers for those looking for excellent and professional dive guides and service. Although not in an area where large pelagic fish are found, the variety of crinoids, soft coral and macro critters are very abundant. A side day trip to Verde Island was a spectacular addition to the diving.

Reviewed July 11, 2022

AMAZING INCREDIBLE FANTASTIC time at Scandi Divers. I can not praise this dive resort enough!! This is our first time traveling to the Philippines. We were welcomed at our arrival to Scandi with the sweetest staff, sat down for our week long trip briefing, and had our very first lunch. And THE FOOD. It's INCREDIBLE. The chef is GREAT. Every meal we had there was just as amazing as the first one. Our server Mavi was the sweetest and made sure we had everything we needed. After the first day, she knew exactly what we drank and asked us if we would like the same order!

Our room was in the Cambell's building, in one of the penthouses. We had a shared balcony with a beautiful view. It's about a 2 minute walk to the dive shop from the room. There are a few stairs, so keep that in mind if you or your family have bad knees. There is a massage and spa on site. The best massages! And reasonably priced as well! They also offer laundry services!

The dive sites. THE BEAUTY. THE DIVERSITY. IT was the BEST diving I have EVER experienced. The dive crew put all of our gear together for us. They made sure it was ready on the boat and took our gear off of the boat, rinsed it, and put it away until the next day! We saw a pygmy seahorse, blue ringed octopus, flamboyant cuttlefish, frog fish, a PLETHORA of nudibranchs, turtles, soft corals, hard corals, and SO MUCH MORE. The dive sites were INCREDIBLE. My favorite dive sites were Sinandigan Wall and Boulders. My favorite macro/muck dive sites were Shipyard and Giant Clam. The guides and DM's were FANTASTIC. Rex is great! Larry is amazing at macro!! If you are an underwater photographer, there is lots for wide angle and lots for macro! There's a nice camera room where you can tend to your camera after your dives. It has individual stations with your own power strip. They have 1 - 110 strip & and the rest were 220 volt. They have supplied air guns as well! And in the camera room, there are books for you to identify your new finds! :) There is also snorkeling for the non divers and you can, of course, get certified in their in house pool!

On our down day, we went into Puerto Galera and visited the waterfalls and a mangrove. Sabang which is a short 15 minute walk from Scandi has a couple dive shops and some local vendors along the way. Make sure to get some pesos (or USD cash) from the airport as the local vendors only accept cash and most stores accept cash also.

We are already planning our next trip. We were going to choose a different location in the Philippines, but we were so amazed at how the staff and dive crew treated us at Scandi Divers, the dive sites, and our overall experience, we will be staying again. We are loyal customers for life. Marianne was our sales consultant and she was the sweetest and so friendly. She answered all of our questions, ate meals with us, took pictures and videos, communicated daily, and became a new forever friend. :) You will not regret booking at Scandi Divers. The best trip of our life to date.

1  Thank phackney84
Reviewed July 11, 2022

This was a wonderful experience on our 10th trip to the Philippines. We booked an all-inclusive group package and the price was very reasonable. We booked 6x days of diving at up to 4x dives per day. We paid extra to dive on our arrival day. Specific comments follow:

1. Diving: we had two of the Philippine style dual-outrigger boats (bangkas), with 5-6 divers per boat + 1-2 guides. There was plenty of room and the boats were in very nice condition. Our boat driver Miko was excellent. The local dive sites are mostly a 5-15 min boat ride from the resort. Our guide Larry was superb at finding things for us to photograph and at managing the group. Rex supervised the operations very well. We saw many flamboyant cuttlefish, a blue-ring octopus, dozens of nudibranchs and sea slug species, and much more. The support staff (equipment, boat crew, et al) was magnificent, especially Arman. We dove unlimited nitrox and the discipline on analyzing cylinders and recording the results was tops. The camera room is small, accommodating only 5 photographers. Could have been a problem had there been other groups with shooters there. I recommend they look at expanding this room or repurposing another space for photographers. I also highly recommend they buy a couple of new compact camera rigs with strobes and video lights and keep these for rental, as well as (important) teaching the dive guides to take underwater photos and videos. The trip to Verde Island was amazing. A must for those spending more than a few days in Puerto Galera

2. Kitchen and restaurant: this was 5-star gourmet cuisine! A very pleasant surprise. We expect good food in the Philippines, but the chef and staff at Scandi are over the top. Portions are just right so you probably will not gain weight if you dive a lot, but I am sure you could ask for more if you really wanted it

3. Room: we had the beachfront deluxe room by the front desk. It was serviceable, not really deluxe, but it had everything we needed, with plenty of outlets, a hot shower, an air conditioner, and a great view outside our window. Internet worked well because we were close to the router

4. Staff: could not have asked for a nicer and friendlier staff. Marianne is a marvel at marketing and incredible at making guests feel welcome. Everyone else was just super attentive to every need. The party they held on the last night was again over the top and a blast

5. General: the resort is a little bit lived in and could use a renovation. I heard reports of termites at some of the outlying rooms/villas. One of the turn-offs at Puerto Galera remains people hanging out in front of the beachfront side to hawk their trinkets and wares. Many of the Puerto Galera resorts are directly on the beachfront and there is no way to avoid people accessing these areas, unlike other dive areas in the Philippines, e.g., Dauin, where many resorts are well off the main drag. While I have sympathy for poor people trying to make a living, some of the merchants are very aggressive (think big city panhandlers). If you tell them your name and when you're leaving, they may persistently pursue you. Best not to offer information and to be firm in your "no" if that is your desire. Moving forward, it might benefit the Puerto Galera Chamber of Commerce to set up a flea market where the people can sell their items, with the resorts encouraging visitors to patronize them

1  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed July 6, 2022

Scandi Divers is where we experienced the best customer service ever. Me and my partner celebrated our Anniversary here and I can say that it was the best Anniv ever. They exceeded the service you nornally get from a 5 star hotel. Starting from the Tuktuk service when we arrived at Balatero Port. We were welcomed by Derek holding a placard with my name on it so it was easy to find our service. He also carried our luggages from the drop off to the resort. When we got there we were greeted with a warm welcome and a sincere smile from Ms. Mayie. She gave us cold calamansi juice as a welcome drink which was so refreshing. On top of that, we were also given cold hand towels to freshen up. After that we met with our Scuba Instructor Coach Rey, he gave us a short orientation and were asked to fill out our diving forms. Once done we were taken to our rooms. The view was stunning, it was an awesome anniversary indeed!
The food was great, we ate at Sky View (Scandi’s Resto with the view of the sea) from breakfast to dinner, they offer a wide variety of food. My personal faves are: Chicken Fritters, Mango Pancake, Crispy Pata, Fries, Sizzling Squid, Scandi Special Pizza, Longsilog and Cornsilog.
Scandi Divers is very flexible with bookings and accommodation, thanks to Ms. Anie. You’re a rockstar! I would also like to thank Ms. Marianne for being hospitable, she made us feel so welcome. Happy birthday in advance Ms. Marianne. Thank you Coach Rey for all the patience especially when I started to feel uneasy. My last attempt was awesome but my ear was killing me. I’m planning on getting a clearance from my ENT to help me ease my mind and to be on the safe side.
I would also like to commend these people for making our stay fun and stress free: Ms. Milka, Ms. Mavie and the rest of the F&B crew, Kuya Arman, I forgot to ask the name of our room attendant but I would like to commend her too and the rest of the staff. We will be back (hopefully on December) so I can continue with my course and get certified. I don’t know how else to thank you but know that you gave us the best vacation ever. See you guys soon! Will definitely recommend this dive shop to our family and friends. Keep rocking, Scandi Divers! More power to you guys!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2022 via mobile

From the reception area where I am greeted warmly with my name like a returning guest the welcome drink and the upgrade to small beach cottage with fanatic view. The dive master Rex Medina made my scuba dive training fun but very stern when it comes to safety. The food in the restaurant is reasonable and delicious, even on the simplest dish the chef manage to plate it well. Over all I had a great time at this resort.

Room tip: Make sure you message the hotel for transportation it’s not free but it is reliable. Hotel is very responsive in social media
Date of stay: June 2022