All reviewsswimming poolbeach frontfree servicewhite beachvisit puerto galeranice hotelhot waterresort
Reviewed 14 April 2016

I stopped by this place while visiting whitebeach for a day. myself and my friend from calapan went into this resort for a beer and a nose about. it is a very nice place indeed. the owner came and sat with us and she told us a little about the resort. its very well located,close to the beach but far enough from the night noisy beach area.im going to book 5 nights in September 2016.whitebeach itself is very beautiful although the street traders do get in your face a little. Harold from the resort is the best guy to talk with about the attractions in the surrounding areas. there is plenty to do near by........

Room Tip: all the rooms I saw looked fine to me
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank steve a
Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here overnight during our ocular visit in Puerto Galera.

This is pretty nice for a resort near White Beach. It has a pool and a function hall. The rooms are also spacious.

The owner was very accommodating. She even drove for us so we can visit the other branch of her resort.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank AnneTheExplorer
Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

The resort is located just right away from the noisy night life but close enough to walk. One of the newer resorts so the facilities are well maintained. They have billiard tables as well as a nice pool. Prices for hotel is pretty standard at 1500 for 2, 2500 for 4, 3500 for 6. The prices do hike up during peak seasons. They can also organize boat and snorkeling activities for you.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank DRTauli
Reviewed 16 February 2016 via mobile

La Solana, the sunshine! Certainly for us.

We started our trip in Puerto Galera with a warm welcome from Ms. Mhel Santiago our tour expert. From there we went to the hotels she had selected for us, however in one of the hotels to her surprise we encountered uber bad behaviour by the manager as we were trying to negotiate the price. He said "what is your problem, take it or leave it".
After that experience we got upset but Ms. Mhel did not lose hope and took us to La Solana, where we were greeted by warm smile of Ms. Tess. She was not just courteous in showing us the room, but also very patient in answering to my questions. Yes, I did have lot of questions after the earlier fiasco.
Ms. Tess explained everything to us, showed us around. We were even greeted by the owner, who was equally gentle, poised and friendly.
La Solana, is a resort or hotel run by a family, who have given high priority to the basic need of great service and kept the place as the one with quaintness but beautiful family ambience. The staff is always there for your help and they also have free tricycle ride to the beach. The food was good and very economical. You may miss not having wifi, however i did not as I enjoyed the peace of not checking your phone for messages every now and then. It is very calm. Rooms are very clean with hot n cold water(which is a luxury). The pool was also very clean n I had my coffee served at the pool area in th evening :-). You should certainly stay here and if required let me know I will share Ms. Mhel's contact details. She is the one who got us this hotel and also arranged for the entire tour.
Thank you Ms. Mhel, Ms. Tess and entire team of La Solana. I shall be back soon parey!

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Abhi C
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here last Jan. 30-31. We were originally planning to stay here on the long weekend, but since we could no longer wait to get to the beach, we made last-minute changes on our plan. We called La Solana the day before we go to Galera to check if they have an available room. We were glad that they responded immediately, gave us a Php500 off on the room rate, and did not ask us to deposit any reservation fees. We had very high expectations on this resort after reading all the positive reviews about it. However, we left the place disappointed.

A guy from La Solana fetched us upon our arrival on the White Beach. He brought us to the resort via tricycle. It was not really a big deal, I think, since all resorts offer this service. When we arrived, the receptionist told us about the house rules and offered us a tour for Php1,200 for two. We were tempted to see the places, sure, but considering the price, it was way expensive for only the two of us, so we declined.

We were brought to one of the rooms near the pool area. The location of the room was great because you can get a good view and background when taking pictures. We then noticed that the lighting of our room was very dim and the air conditioner was like stuck on its fan mode. We traveled for almost 4 hours so we disregarded these things so as not to spoil our weekend. Unfortunately, more things started to happen. During our first night, after eating dinner at Coffee Tale, a cockroach welcomed us back in to our room. We had zero idea how it got there or if it was in the room the whole time. We managed to kill it and decided to leave its remains on the floor so the staff would see it.

Let me cross off the services/amenities listed on their website that they said they offer, and highlight the bad in their facilities:
1. Complimentary drinks - we were not offered anything actually--even a glass of water--for free throughout our stay;
2. "Amaya Restaurant" - all we saw near the front desk were tables and chairs, and they even told us that we could just eat on the restaurants along the beach;
3. "Gushing Fountains" & "waterfall" on the pool - there were none;
4. Karaoke - we asked the staff if we could use it; staff #1 said we could, but we have to insert coins in the machine (which is weird cause if it's part of the amenities then it should be for free), and staff #2 said we couldn't cause it was not working (we had no idea who was telling the truth);
5. Wi-fi connection - it basically sucked. We could not get a connection from the room and we couldn't use it even near the reception area; and,
6. Pool - there were dried leaves floating on the water and when we dipped in, we noticed how yellowish the water was. We do not want to know why it had that color.

The resort's distance from the beach only added fuel to our disappointment. Walking to and from the beach sucked since the street was a little muddy plus there were puddles of water. Asking a staff to bring you to and fetch you from the beachfront was too much of a hassle, too.

Let's not forget the cherry on top of the cake. What we hated the most in this resort was that they tried to make a fool out of their guests. At the beginning, I have mentioned that they offered us a tour worth Php1,200. We were able to avail the very same tour for only Php600 for two from a man named Kuya Benjie. He approached us while we were eating lunch at Terminal. Also, none of the staff informed us that the gate near Sea Jewel closes at night. We informed the tricycle guy of La Solana that we would be out late and even asked him if there were available tricycles in case we get too tipsy to walk all the way back to the resort. He never told us anything helpful. That's why we were so surprised to find a locked gate blocking us on our way back. After drinking Mindorosling, my partner and I did our best to stay sober to ask for directions.

La Solana was the worst resort I have ever been in so far. I think the staff should do their job whether it's the peak season or not. They should not have given us a discounted room in expense of their poor service. I would not go back to this resort nor recommend it.

We extended our weekend vacation for one more day since we were not able to enjoy our stay in this resort. We checked in in White Beach Resort, for it is much closer to the beach.

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple