“Solid operator with lots of good information for you to max your experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Action Divers

Action Divers
Ranked #1 of 24 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Action Divers established since 1993 is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort Member and is situated in beautiful Puerto Galera, one of the world's premier scuba diving resort destinations, Action Divers offers the highest standards of personalized service, uncompromising safety and exceptional value. Dive in and discover why discerning scuba divers choose Action Divers for the very best in world-class scuba diving adventures! All dive sites (more than 25) are only a 5 - 10 minutes boat ride away from Action Divers that allows you to come back to the dive centre after every dive. This gives you a great flexibility in your dive planning and other activities between dives. Puerto Galera has some of the best coral and wall diving anywhere in the Philippines, and Action Divers know the area exceptionally well. The team of international dive professionals at Action Divers are dedicated to giving you the best service, best value and the most memorable diving.
Mississauga, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Solid operator with lots of good information for you to max your experience”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From my first contact by email from a different country I received prompt and meaningful replies to all my questions. The communication level was above normal and a pleasant surprise. I felt if they communicate this well that the operation should be effortless, and it was. I would return tomorrow and use them again. Everythng is low key but they understand you are there to enjoy yourself and they never forget that their job is to ensure you enjoy yourself. They are very customer oriented. My instructor Huw made me feel well cared for as we had 5 dives over two days whle I completed my Advanced Open Water course. They then registed me with PADI and when I got back to Canada my wallet card was waiting for me in the mail. There are at leasst 15 dive shops in this small location but many are set up with other than english and as I walked by each of my 4 days, there were groups of Koreans, Japanese or German divers at these different shops. I only speak english and was glad I had ended up an english speaking shop..
The amount of tropical fish here was amazing. Even at 30 meters the water as so bright the fish were plentiful.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Scuba Diving with Action Divers - March 20 - March 26 2017”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Action divers was located next to the resort I was staying at so it made for a 5 STAR combination. A great group to dive with. It had been several years since my last scuba dive but Roscoe in the group made me feel right at home. Once Roscoe confirmed my C-cards I was ready to go. All the dives in Sabang are relatively straight forward but Andy (DM) made sure my first dive gave me a chance to brush off the cobwebs and feel comfortable again. For the first group of dives Andy was my first DM followed by Huw DM for the last few. Great guys to dive with, very accommodating and most of all just downright fun. I brought my own gear but if you need to rent anything the gear they can rent you was top notch, in excellent condition and rented at a very reasonable cost. The staff to support was great too...Jojo was always ready to assist with my wetsuit zipper which never seemed to cooperate.

There are more than a few dive operations in this area but from what I saw many of them go out with more than 8-10 divers/dive. Action divers is a small operation and I appreciated this and the ability to interact with the staff and other divers. Dive prices are pretty much the same up and down. I hope to repeat the visit in early 2018 and if I do Action will be my first choice in diving outfitters.

Roscoe, Andy, Huw, Jojo & Piyong thank you for making this trip a memorable one!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing open water course with Action Divers!!”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I had an amazing experience completing our Open Water course with Action Divers in Puerto Valera, Philippines! Roscoe, Andy and the rest of the team were amazing from start to finish! We felt very welcomed by the team and we were extremely comfortable in the water with Andy! We were lucky to see some amazing turtles, fish, a boat and jetski wreck during our 4 dives! They were also able to provide us with accommodations in a convenient location next to the dive shop! I highly recommend anyone coming to Puerto Galera to dive with Action Divers!

1 Thank Sbranny68
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Safe and friendly”
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Had 1 dive with Andy (their divemaster) and my friend. New equipment, staff helpful and friendly, no need for a long boat ride - it took just 5 minutes, as the divepoint is in vicinity.
But I was not lucky with the weather. I think March is to early to dive here. Water was just 24 degrees, so I felt cold even in a long-suit. Visibility was 10 meters, maybe 12, that's good.
Speaking about diving in Puerto Galera area in general, there is not many of fish or corals, so this area may be a choice only for those who adore macro things, and will be happy with any amount of those, or may be good for those, who intend to get certificate and plan to explore sealife in blooming areas like Sipadan etc.

Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Personalised diving”
Reviewed March 9, 2017

Same friendly team but all new facilities. Well organised with modern well maintained gear. Small groups only with dives planned to suite each group's experience level.
Roscoe, Huw and their team make you feel relaxed and at home whether you are doing your first open water course or an experienced diver. I have been diving with Action Divers for many years and keep coming back because is is the most relaxed diving destination I have found. Most dive sites are only a short boat ride but the variety of marine life and corals is unsurpassed. I keep making new discoveries as well as enjoying familiar sights. I love that they use local boatmen with traditional bunka outrigger boats.
This completes the tropical island experience as well as the proximity to traditional village life adjacent to Sabang. I can also recommend the new Air Juan seaplane service, about 30 minutes from Puerto Galera to Manila Bay. Action Divers organised a small bunka to transfer me from Out of the Blue Villas to the seaplane for the spectacular flight to Manila. What a way to go!