“Action Divers saved my daughter from the hazards of the deep!”
Review of Action Divers

Action Divers
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Action Divers established since 1993 is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort Member and is situated in beautiful Puerto Galera, one of the world's premier scuba diving resort destinations, Action Divers offers the highest standards of personalized service, uncompromising safety and exceptional value. Dive in and discover why discerning scuba divers choose Action Divers for the very best in world-class scuba diving adventures! All dive sites (more than 25) are only a 5 - 10 minutes boat ride away from Action Divers that allows you to come back to the dive centre after every dive. This gives you a great flexibility in your dive planning and other activities between dives. Puerto Galera has some of the best coral and wall diving anywhere in the Philippines, and Action Divers know the area exceptionally well. The team of international dive professionals at Action Divers are dedicated to giving you the best service, best value and the most memorable diving.
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Here is my big shout out for the superb organisation that is !Action Divers!

I loved them.

As a complete naive, non-diving parent (and the sort of carpet-slippers wussy who swims about trying not to get her hair wet), throwing my precious 11-year old daughter into the brutal surly ocean, wrapped only in a skin of neoprene and protected by an oxygen tank splattered with a death's head sticker, is A BIG THING.

Understandably, my starting fear has been, Will the ocean kill her?

My phobias have progressed through all water-related scenarios, well beyond simple drowning, to being decapitated by coral, eaten by mutant octopus, and facing naked protean underwater savagery from flesh-eating humanoids desperate to chew off her arms and legs, having escaped from their caves in The Descent.

Reader, in protecting my daughter from these terrors, Action Divers did not fail me.

For three days dd1 has been safely scuba'd through hazards procedures, equipment handling, and proper watery skills. Each evening she has dutifully completed her homework. That meant confronting her woeful spelling, doing armed combat with a set of comprehension exercises, and preparing herself for a 9am start. (She probably was also taught how to handle aggressive octopus, wicked coral, and terrible creatures of the deep.)

I have rarely seen her with such determination and dedication.

And I must give a big whoop-de-doo to Simon in particular, who has been a perfect teacher for Shark; unfailingly patient, attentive, and communicating a love of the diving life which has led and inspired her. She has already pin-pointed the list of courses she wants and is now busy plotting her diving career. An eternal thank you.

(Or at least until she drops the idea of becoming a marine biologist and chooses life instead as a beach bum and bar fly.)

But for this experience - first-time child diver and annoying fussying mother - then yes, I totally recommend them.

If you are at the Hong Kong end, simply use Action Divers in Puerto Galera. The beaches are prettier than in Sai Kung and non-divers can amuse themselves by snorkeling without being hit in the head from a sampan.

-From grit's day blogspot.

1  Thank gritsday
in 17 reviews
"whole team"
"local knowledge"

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Action divers is a small dive centre that is more focused in quality than quantity. Roscoe, Simon and their team are very friendly and experts on the area, so they will now every day the best spots to dive depending on weather and sea conditions.

Right on the beach, you will take 5 steps to get into the bangka, the traditional filipino boats, and most dive sites are 5 to 10 minutes by boat. They dive every day at 9am, 12pm, and 3pm.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Hmm what can I say. Dived with action divers in 2011 jan and was so impressed dive again in jan 2012. Roscoe and crew could not go out of there way to make my stay and dives premium. This year did a number of tech dives with simon. Awesome dives. My wife booked for another two weeks next jan. no argument there. Stayed once again at out of the blue. Best accommodation in the whole of puerto galera. I have been to many countries in the world but puerto galera is the only place I keep coming back to. Action divers ala roscoe has got me hooked. Can't wait to be back jan 2012.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Greetings to all!

I am Dmitry from Moscow, Russia. In January, 2012 I dived in Puerto Galero together with Action Divers. We lived in very good hotel " Out of the Blue Private Vilage ". Probably it is not the cheapest hotel on coast, but quality of service and a conditions really cost the spent money. Dive center to locate of 50 meters from hotel on coast. All dives from banca. Are offered more 25 dive sites (from 5 up to 25 min by banca). The marine life abounds with a variety of fishes, nudibranchs, corals etc. Certainly, Puerto Galero it is paradise for macro. For example " Sinandigan wall " I saw 11 various kinds nudibranches for one dive!!! Or " PG Wrec " where in abundance there are sea horses. During too time it is possible to meet and large Triggerfish, Groupers, Napoleon, parrotfish, Tuna, etc. (Canyon, Shark Cave). The work Action Divers is organized on a principle of the individual attitude to each client. I just needed to tell " I wish to see that or that " and to me at once offered a site where I could see it. Also I wish to note very precise organization of the diving schedule, a high level of service and safety. It is very pleasant for me to write here a response and to wish health and creative successes all team Action Divers, especially Roscoe, Huw, Simon and Jojo.

I shall necessarily return to you in the future and we will dive!

1  Thank dmke800
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is our first trip to the Philippines and Action Divers made it a wonderful experience.

We had heard from our friends about the wonderful diving in Puerto Galera but also the hassle to get to it from Manila (due to awful flights schedules to/from Shanghai). Luckily, Action Diver arranged our transportation for us!

We landed in Manila around 8pm and got our luggage and out of the airport around 10pm (slow Philippine Airline service). At which point, we were glad to find Action Diver driver waiting for us to take us to Bantanga and onto our own ferry across straight into the hotel. That definitely made the 3hr transit much more comfortable.

Now, my wife is a first time diver taking her OW course and I'm taking a refresher course after diving for the first in 8 years. Our instructor, Huw, was very friendly and professional, going through the material with my wife and me translating. My wife, being from Taiwan, didn't speak English fluently and Action Divers were nice enough to find course materials, exams, and videos in Chinese to help her understand the course better.

Unfortunately, my wife wasn't able to complete the OW course because she couldn't equalize her ears during the dives due to an ear infection. What was impressive was that Huw recommended to us and actually took us to the local clinic to have her ears checked by a physician. Instead of being frustrated and giving up, Huw was able to identify the root cause of he discomfort and avoided more serious damage by pressing on. Very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.

While my wife took the theory courses, I went on a couple of dives with the Action Divers team, Huw and Simon, for some reef and wreck diving. The diving was wonderful, very close by (5~10min boat ride) and the visibility was around 10m. Each dive group was no more than 5 people which is a nice size and allowed the dive masters keep an eye on each diver.

Overall, a wonderful stay arranged through Action Divers and wonderful diving experience as well!