“Diving at its best”
Review of Action Divers

Action Divers
Ranked #1 of 28 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Action Divers established since 1993 is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort Member and is situated in beautiful Puerto Galera, one of the world's premier scuba diving resort destinations, Action Divers offers the highest standards of personalized service, uncompromising safety and exceptional value. Dive in and discover why discerning scuba divers choose Action Divers for the very best in world-class scuba diving adventures! All dive sites (more than 25) are only a 5 - 10 minutes boat ride away from Action Divers that allows you to come back to the dive centre after every dive. This gives you a great flexibility in your dive planning and other activities between dives. Puerto Galera has some of the best coral and wall diving anywhere in the Philippines, and Action Divers know the area exceptionally well. The team of international dive professionals at Action Divers are dedicated to giving you the best service, best value and the most memorable diving.
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Hmm what can I say. Dived with action divers in 2011 jan and was so impressed dive again in jan 2012. Roscoe and crew could not go out of there way to make my stay and dives premium. This year did a number of tech dives with simon. Awesome dives. My wife booked for another two weeks next jan. no argument there. Stayed once again at out of the blue. Best accommodation in the whole of puerto galera. I have been to many countries in the world but puerto galera is the only place I keep coming back to. Action divers ala roscoe has got me hooked. Can't wait to be back jan 2012.

All reviews
"great diving"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Greetings to all!

I am Dmitry from Moscow, Russia. In January, 2012 I dived in Puerto Galero together with Action Divers. We lived in very good hotel " Out of the Blue Private Vilage ". Probably it is not the cheapest hotel on coast, but quality of service and a conditions really cost the spent money. Dive center to locate of 50 meters from hotel on coast. All dives from banca. Are offered more 25 dive sites (from 5 up to 25 min by banca). The marine life abounds with a variety of fishes, nudibranchs, corals etc. Certainly, Puerto Galero it is paradise for macro. For example " Sinandigan wall " I saw 11 various kinds nudibranches for one dive!!! Or " PG Wrec " where in abundance there are sea horses. During too time it is possible to meet and large Triggerfish, Groupers, Napoleon, parrotfish, Tuna, etc. (Canyon, Shark Cave). The work Action Divers is organized on a principle of the individual attitude to each client. I just needed to tell " I wish to see that or that " and to me at once offered a site where I could see it. Also I wish to note very precise organization of the diving schedule, a high level of service and safety. It is very pleasant for me to write here a response and to wish health and creative successes all team Action Divers, especially Roscoe, Huw, Simon and Jojo.

I shall necessarily return to you in the future and we will dive!

1  Thank dmke800
Reviewed January 29, 2012

This is our first trip to the Philippines and Action Divers made it a wonderful experience.

We had heard from our friends about the wonderful diving in Puerto Galera but also the hassle to get to it from Manila (due to awful flights schedules to/from Shanghai). Luckily, Action Diver arranged our transportation for us!

We landed in Manila around 8pm and got our luggage and out of the airport around 10pm (slow Philippine Airline service). At which point, we were glad to find Action Diver driver waiting for us to take us to Bantanga and onto our own ferry across straight into the hotel. That definitely made the 3hr transit much more comfortable.

Now, my wife is a first time diver taking her OW course and I'm taking a refresher course after diving for the first in 8 years. Our instructor, Huw, was very friendly and professional, going through the material with my wife and me translating. My wife, being from Taiwan, didn't speak English fluently and Action Divers were nice enough to find course materials, exams, and videos in Chinese to help her understand the course better.

Unfortunately, my wife wasn't able to complete the OW course because she couldn't equalize her ears during the dives due to an ear infection. What was impressive was that Huw recommended to us and actually took us to the local clinic to have her ears checked by a physician. Instead of being frustrated and giving up, Huw was able to identify the root cause of he discomfort and avoided more serious damage by pressing on. Very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.

While my wife took the theory courses, I went on a couple of dives with the Action Divers team, Huw and Simon, for some reef and wreck diving. The diving was wonderful, very close by (5~10min boat ride) and the visibility was around 10m. Each dive group was no more than 5 people which is a nice size and allowed the dive masters keep an eye on each diver.

Overall, a wonderful stay arranged through Action Divers and wonderful diving experience as well!

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I've had four trips to beautiful Puerto Galera and always dive with Action Divers. I've always found them friendly, helpful and very professional. You get that personalised service and they remember you whenever you visit which is a very nice touch. Huw and Simon are top notch experienced dive leaders, and owner Roscoe is always pleasant and helpful. If you email him he can also advise you on transport (from Manila) and accommodation options.

Their location in Small Lalaguna Beach is quiet, peaceful and relaxing, but only 10 mins walk from bustling Sabang Beach with the restaurants and bars. Renting a cottage just behind Action Divers is ideal. They are basic but clean and very affordable. The Full Moon Bar and Restaurant is only two doors down and the best place in Small Lalaguna to grab a meal and beer.

If you're looking for a professional dive shop with great friendly service in a great location, this is it!

1  Thank Ian B
See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at action divers for 4 days on the dive and stay package, accommodation at banana Moon resort was great with clean rooms, minibar and a fantastic view over the bay and ocean that no other place here offers. It's also on the quieter end of the beach away from slightly dirty Sabang! Only drawback were the rather hard beds, but the awesome complimentary breakfast at Full Moon Resort easily made up for it. Best pancakes or american brekky ever, also cater for vegetarians. There is a general 10% discount for action Diver guests there as well.
As for diving, we had 2 dives a day included on our 64us$ dive and stay package, very helpful divemasters and staff and the owner Roscoe was invaluable in organizing transport from/to Manila and even a spontaneous day trip to verde island for spectacular diving that can easily compare with Sipadan etc!!! Highly recommended daytrip for low price!
Dive centre equipment was very good, partly brand new, and a good choice of dive sites! Check out the canyons and sabang wrecks! Overall experience leaves nothing to wish for, I'd comeback any time with lots of friends :)

1  Thank ChrisOchs82