“Friendly, professional, and relaxing”
Review of Action Divers

Action Divers
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Puerto Galera
More attraction details
Owner description: Action Divers established since 1993 is a PADI 5 Star Dive Resort Member and is situated in beautiful Puerto Galera, one of the world's premier scuba diving resort destinations, Action Divers offers the highest standards of personalized service, uncompromising safety and exceptional value. Dive in and discover why discerning scuba divers choose Action Divers for the very best in world-class scuba diving adventures! All dive sites (more than 25) are only a 5 - 10 minutes boat ride away from Action Divers that allows you to come back to the dive centre after every dive. This gives you a great flexibility in your dive planning and other activities between dives. Puerto Galera has some of the best coral and wall diving anywhere in the Philippines, and Action Divers know the area exceptionally well. The team of international dive professionals at Action Divers are dedicated to giving you the best service, best value and the most memorable diving.
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is our first trip to the Philippines and Action Divers made it a wonderful experience.

We had heard from our friends about the wonderful diving in Puerto Galera but also the hassle to get to it from Manila (due to awful flights schedules to/from Shanghai). Luckily, Action Diver arranged our transportation for us!

We landed in Manila around 8pm and got our luggage and out of the airport around 10pm (slow Philippine Airline service). At which point, we were glad to find Action Diver driver waiting for us to take us to Bantanga and onto our own ferry across straight into the hotel. That definitely made the 3hr transit much more comfortable.

Now, my wife is a first time diver taking her OW course and I'm taking a refresher course after diving for the first in 8 years. Our instructor, Huw, was very friendly and professional, going through the material with my wife and me translating. My wife, being from Taiwan, didn't speak English fluently and Action Divers were nice enough to find course materials, exams, and videos in Chinese to help her understand the course better.

Unfortunately, my wife wasn't able to complete the OW course because she couldn't equalize her ears during the dives due to an ear infection. What was impressive was that Huw recommended to us and actually took us to the local clinic to have her ears checked by a physician. Instead of being frustrated and giving up, Huw was able to identify the root cause of he discomfort and avoided more serious damage by pressing on. Very impressed with his knowledge and professionalism.

While my wife took the theory courses, I went on a couple of dives with the Action Divers team, Huw and Simon, for some reef and wreck diving. The diving was wonderful, very close by (5~10min boat ride) and the visibility was around 10m. Each dive group was no more than 5 people which is a nice size and allowed the dive masters keep an eye on each diver.

Overall, a wonderful stay arranged through Action Divers and wonderful diving experience as well!

All reviews
in 17 reviews
"night dive"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 26 January 2012

I've had four trips to beautiful Puerto Galera and always dive with Action Divers. I've always found them friendly, helpful and very professional. You get that personalised service and they remember you whenever you visit which is a very nice touch. Huw and Simon are top notch experienced dive leaders, and owner Roscoe is always pleasant and helpful. If you email him he can also advise you on transport (from Manila) and accommodation options.

Their location in Small Lalaguna Beach is quiet, peaceful and relaxing, but only 10 mins walk from bustling Sabang Beach with the restaurants and bars. Renting a cottage just behind Action Divers is ideal. They are basic but clean and very affordable. The Full Moon Bar and Restaurant is only two doors down and the best place in Small Lalaguna to grab a meal and beer.

If you're looking for a professional dive shop with great friendly service in a great location, this is it!

1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed at action divers for 4 days on the dive and stay package, accommodation at banana Moon resort was great with clean rooms, minibar and a fantastic view over the bay and ocean that no other place here offers. It's also on the quieter end of the beach away from slightly dirty Sabang! Only drawback were the rather hard beds, but the awesome complimentary breakfast at Full Moon Resort easily made up for it. Best pancakes or american brekky ever, also cater for vegetarians. There is a general 10% discount for action Diver guests there as well.
As for diving, we had 2 dives a day included on our 64us$ dive and stay package, very helpful divemasters and staff and the owner Roscoe was invaluable in organizing transport from/to Manila and even a spontaneous day trip to verde island for spectacular diving that can easily compare with Sipadan etc!!! Highly recommended daytrip for low price!
Dive centre equipment was very good, partly brand new, and a good choice of dive sites! Check out the canyons and sabang wrecks! Overall experience leaves nothing to wish for, I'd comeback any time with lots of friends :)

1  Thank ChrisOchs82
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I dove with these guys for most of the month of December 2011 and had a great time. I did my Rescue course and Nitrox course with them. Hugh, and Simon were great guides, very knowledgable about the area and professional. Dive briefs were great. Unlike some dive instructors, they pay attention to safety by watching closely, and constructively correcting problems by educating, not by mouthing off and making paying customers feel like dummies. The owner Roscoe is a hell of a guy, always going out of his way to assist you in any way he can. Also Josie and JO JO, were great. They have a variety of different options for you depending on what you want and how long you will stay. If you stay for a month or more, I would strongly recommend you book short term, and look for a place when you get there as you will get a better price once you are there and you get to know the going rate is. The whole experience was fantastic. Good on ya guys, as Roscoe would say. :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Having dived with Action Divers many years I guess the reason I keep going back to the same dive shop is the experience of diving with a well organised professional team who put their customers first. The broad range of excellent dive sites around Puerto Galera are accessible within 30 minutes and Action Divers dive guides know them all. What is more it would be difficult to find a dive shop that is safer and more knowledgeable about the sea state, currents and sea life. They dive from 'banca boats', the local Filipino boats with twin outriggers, and I find these offer more stability and protection than the speedboat alternative seen at other shops.

The rental equipment at Action is fairly recently purchased and I have noted it is all regularly and expertly maintained. Divers of all qualification levels are welcomed and return from divers eager to go out again. Courses are PADI and the standard of tuition I observe exceeds that I have seen anywhere else in Asia. This comes from one who has qualified from Advanced thru to Divemaster with Action but I base my view on the feedback from others also.

Action Divers provide a range of tech courses, in addition and they have many return customers who admire their skills in providing safe but exciting tech dives since Puerto Galera has many thrilling sites for techies. Their greatest strength though rests in their consistence and dependability in delivering enjoyable diving and well run courses. Definitely worth a try if you are travelling to Puerto Galera for the first time or you have dived there before and are interested in trying another dive operation. With Action Divers you will not be disappointed.

Incidently Action Divers will orgainse both travel and accommodation in Puerto Galera from arrival at the airport to your return and they have good terms with all resorts on the beach.