Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$13
Expedia.comUS$37
Booking.comUS$45
Trip.comUS$40
All reviews asia divers dive operation verde island dive sites recommend el reuben small pool great diving diving shop basic room manila airport hot water speed boat per day open water beach resort jamie
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2020

I happened to win 2nd place in the mirrorless category for wide angle photography in Ocean Art 2018 sponsored by Blue Water Travel. My prize was a very generous week's stay with El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel and diving with Asia Divers in Puerto Galera, Philippines.

I have been to Puerto Galera many times because the diving is so good, but this is the first time I stayed at El Galleon/Asia Divers. It was GREAT! The resort is charming, nicely appointed, extremely clean and comfortable. I was having some trouble with a knee injury prior to my arrival, and Allison Manis/Marketing Manager was able to find me a room close to the restaurant/camera room and diving; thank God for her! She really went out of her way to ensure my stay was perfect.

The resort staff were very friendly, the food AMAZING (thanks, Jamie the head Chef!). The service was spot on and very attentive. There is a nice pool which I never actually used but it looked really inviting.

The diving? Like I said earlier, it's why I continue to return to PG. And if you want to have your mind blown, you MUST take a day trip for diving Verde Island. The colors are vibrant and indescribable, and the sea life so plentiful it's beyond description. I've been to Verde Island before but this trip was the best I've had there. So a big shout out to all the dive guides at Asia Divers for watching over us and bringing us back safely each dive. And a huge congrats to Jamie and Maria on their upcoming nuptials!!!

I would highly recommend El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel and Asia Divers without hesitation.

Room tip: My room was right in the front of the hotel with only a few steps but had a lovely view.
Date of stay: February 2020
Allison Manis, Marketing at El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2020

Hi, I apologize for my late reply to your wonderful review. Thank you very much for this. It's been quite the time here with a long lock down, but happily to say we are now up and running and hoping to see guests back here soon. I've been seeing some of your amazing images of Puerto Galera and it never ceases to amaze me on how beautiful and diverse the marine life is here. I hope to see you again here!

Reviewed 21 March 2020

Excellent base to go diving - some of the best. Dive operation very well run and the guides were top quality. Food very good and plentiful, staff very friendly and helpful. A short work in to town provides a busy vibrant atmosphere, very worth a visit.

Room tip: Rooms ok, air-conditioned, some have a sea view, some are 75 steps up, you need to be fit!
Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much Peter...we're always happy to hear that your guests had a nice time.

Reviewed 20 March 2020

Beautiful surroundings and a stand out resort in the area . Excellent service from all the staff.
The food is amazing, all fresh and good variety.
The bar is the place to be in the evening, beware the ringing of the bell as it’s shots o’clock!

Room tip: Clean , spacious room, really friendly staff .
Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Yes, we do have a little gem here indeed and we're happy to say that the resort is open again...including The Point bar! Looking forward to seeing guests coming back again soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 9 March 2020

El Galleon Beach Resort has so much charm and character! We spent 5 days there, diving 4 of them. We had room 1, which was by itself with a view of the ocean. The resort is older, but for us, it just added to the charm. Everything worked, air conditioning, hot water, etc..., so we were quite happy. The bar overlooked the ocean, and had great happy hours! The restaurant was right off the beach, and the food was very good. The beach itself isn't for lounging on, but there was a small pool with lounge chairs (but we did not partake as we were busy diving). There is a town within walking distance, and everyone is very friendly. The local merchants on the beach try hard to have you purchase their wares, but aren't overly aggressive, and again, are very friendly. I would definitely recommend this resort, especially to divers.

Date of stay: February 2020

Very kind of you to write this review for us and happy to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 February 2020

So we travelled as a family. There is a very small pool which is mainly used for diving instructions . Food at the property was really good. This made it easy as we didn’t have to venture into town to get a variety of food options . Only tricky part is that they don’t let you sign off on your room charges . So at the end of our stay we discovered that we had to pay extra for the breakfast buffet and cappuccinos. Both were not worth the money. Especially the breakfast buffet didn’t suit our taste at all. It was pretty shocking to learn on our departure how much they were charging us for it . We had a room for four but had to beg for four towels etc. This wasn’t very pleasant . But as mentioned, location and food are great so just make sure to know very well in advance what’s included to avoid unhappy surprises upon departure .

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Allisonasiadivers, Marketing Manager at El Galleon Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do appreciate your feedback and always try to improve whenever there is a problem. We had spoken to the housekeeping staff about the towels, and understood from them that you we’re given new towels whenever requested however it seems that here might have been a delay since our housekeeping staff are not here 24 hours per day. They would make sure to get you the fresh towels as soon as they arrived on duty and fresh towels were available. I do apologies for the delay and we will look into a way to make this system more efficient.

As far as the final bill. We had given you a price for the room including breakfast on WeChat right from the beginning. It was on the final bill that it was actually separated into room and breakfast charges. The price originally quoted for 4 nights included breakfast for four people. Since you only stayed for three nights we adjusted the bill accordingly. We also deducted one breakfast from this bill because it was included in the company bill which was separate. You might not have noticed but the charge for the three days of breakfasts was also altered because your family did not all have the buffet, so the bill was even less than the original quote to you. So in the end, your stay worked out cheaper than the original quote. Specialty coffees are never included and there is a special coffee menu which lists the prices.

I admit that there was a make a mistake in not getting you to sign your bill each time you had ordered anything. This is a standard practice and should be done all of the time and has been addressed to our staff.

I hope this clarifies things and we look forward to seeing you back again.