All reviews tune hotel booked this hotel budget hotel swimming pool pros cons wifi
Reviewed 27 December 2017

This hotel has a new ownership and the new name is Kalya Hotel. They still have not changed the big logo and name on the top of the building. The staff was also using the old employer logo on their uniform. We were confused when looking for the hotel.

Anyway, the property was good. It has also a pool, unlike the normal conventional Tune Hotel type. Good for business, family and large group.

It was my birthday on the check-in day. The staff there decorated my room with balloons, banner and flowers. They also sang a song and presented me with a birthday cake.

The only downside was, the room that we stayed had an air-conditioned problem. We stayed for 3 nights, sweating most f the time until the 4th and final night we requested to change the room since they could not solved the problem.

Apart from that, the hotel was sufficient and adequate for us, on a leisurely holiday in the town of Yogyakarta.

The location is in the quieter part of the town. There is also a nearby 24 grocery shop and street food area.

Room Tip: choose during low local holiday season.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel from 29 Dec. 2016 - 1 Jan. 2017) at 720K which is over-prized, I think... Booked this hotel from booking.com

I had bad experience with Tune's narrow parking area.

A car left the parking area and grazed my car. Thank God the damage were not so bad.. We complained to the manager and he offered to fix my car by polishing the grazed area and washed my car.

I like the room...clean and cozy...
Got the black cute small bag for free that we can use shopping... LOL

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Vicky S, Manajer Umum at Kalya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear tutut_wdd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us on the TripAdvisor. It’s great to read that our room facilities has meet your satisfaction

Please accept our most sincere apologies in relation to parking incident. My team and I are committed to doing our best to prevent similar problem happens in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future, and we wish you safe onward travels.

Best regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Get special prices Rp. 18.000 / night from their birthday event.

Pros :

-Cheap Budget Hotel
-Clean Hotel
-Have swimming pool
-Friendly and helpful staff
-Food is variable

Cons :
-A little bit far away from center of Yogyakarta town
-very crowded in weekend / national holiday

Tips : If you bring your kids, take pool bouy to play at swimming pool area, its fun!

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Vicky S, Manajer Umum at Kalya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Abel Aulia P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent experience with us on the TripAdvisor. Guest satisfaction is our daily goal and we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

My team and I are committed to doing our best and I will share this with my entire team, I am certainly sure your feedback will inspire my team to continue to deliver such great hospitality.

We wish you future safe travels, and do hope to welcoming you back to Tune Hotel Yogyakarta in the near future for another great experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 days, over all was good, affordable rate with best facilities and also the interior very nice with traditional modern concept. I took twin bed, but the bed is not comfort for us. They have pool, and hope variant of food for breakfast more increasingly.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Irene I
Vicky S, General Manager at Kalya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear Irene I,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and t's great to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comments are very valuable to ourselves, and we are committed to improvement. I will pass your comments on the menu selection to our chef for immediate improvement

We would like to wish you safe onward travels, and sincerely hope to welcome you back soon.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

It's a bit hard to balanced my view of this hotel while I got a room and it's rates for only IDR19000, or around USD1.5 for each day.

So, I guess I'll wrote the cons and what's-weird-for-me first:
- While I checked in, no one helps to bring my bag or accompany me to the room. Even the receptionist gave me a clear directions, that's a bit weird.
- One of the glass on my first day has a lipstick stain, but it replace everyday when they clean up the room. The blanket has a brown spots.
- No bottled water and it replaced by a water dispenser on the restaurant and you can refill it. If you didn't bring your own bottle, I thought those dispenser will be useless. You wouldn't bring your glass downstairs only for having water right?
- You need to "refresh" your card everyday if you stay for two or more nights on the receptionist, it doesn't automatically extended.
- No phone on your room. There's a phone on every floor and it isn't easy to found.
- A lots of mirrors on the room and it's located everywhere. On the right of the bed, on the bathroom, in front of the bathroom door, and there's one huge mirror upside of the bed, around 2 meters (or more) heights. I didn't understand what it's for, and my room mate tells a joke, "I'd better buy a telephone than put those mirror there".
- No sandal and toothbrush.
- Pool-towel has a limited availability.
- The Restaurant only exist on breakfast, you can' t found anything even a canned drink on afternoon and night. I don't know how's the breakfeast taste, it isn't included in my bookings.
- Pool only open from 7a.m to 7p.m.
- Small parking lot, they have approximately 124 rooms (if I'm not mistaken) and it only have 30 to 40 lot for car parking.

Pros:
- Very good crew, and the receptionist remember your name, very fast check-in and check-out, and gives you a good trick for anything about Yogyakarta. The housekeeping provide everything you need and doing a fast clean-up even only one person.
- Nice pool, good water maintenance, and child-friendly. There is a well-maintenance tree which you don't need to worries about the falling leaves.
- They provide a real pictures. What you see is what you get. Really you can feel the warmth of this hotel.
- You can bring the tune tote bag home.
- Nice bed, nice bathroom. The pressure of power shower really makes me relaxed.
- Lots of food, and wide street so it's very accessible on the hotel's neighbour.
- Who says it's far from the town? If you using the usual direction, yes it is, and also a lots of traffic jam. If you know the alternatives, you can reach the downtown with car around 15 to 20 minutes without (and I never find, all this time) a jam.
- I really love the room panels, especially the clean-up and don't disturb signs.
- there's a always-played-backsound even in the midnight.
- Tune have a signature things on their hotels. There's a traditional vehicle named "becak" inside their lobby ❤

I'll be back there if I'm going to Yogyakarta again. Thank you Tune!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business