Novotel Yogyakarta(Yogyakarta)
Puri Artha Hotel(Yogyakarta)
US$21
US$19
Priceline
All reviewsguest house isprivate poolvisiting jogjasultan palaceyogurtwithin walking distancehermanguesthousevillaindonesiaplantsoasisstallstaxi
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Location:
-30 minutes from the airport with usual traffic
-near the Kraton and Sonobudoyo museum
-1 1/2 hours from Borobudur
-10 minutes from Malioboro

Service:
-very responsive to email inquiries
-very accommodating and helpful staff

-the garden is beautiful and serene
-the pool is very clean
-breakfast is okay
-beds are very comfortable
-free-flowing tea and coffee

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I recently stayed at Pondok Ijo & we absolutely loved it!
The staff were so welcoming as we arrived, so friendly & helpful through out our stay. Made us feel rite at home. The guest house is off the main roads, making it more peaceful & quiet. The property itself is well laid out, most of the rooms open up onto a crystal clear pool & quaint lil garden. The rooms are not big but are more than comfortable & they offer all you need for a couple nights stay.
The kitchen cooks up some good meals as well if you don’t feel like going out & finding a local warung.
We were more than happy staying at Pondok Ijo & give it two thumbs up.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2018

I have travelled to more than 40 countries and have never encountered a hotel so eager and quick to help me personalize my trip and maximize my experience of a truly beautiful area. First of all, the grounds are wonderful, there is a beautiful little pool, cleaned multiple times daily, surrounded by flowering trees and bougainvillea- breakfast is in a lovely shaded area and provides a variety of local and westernized options, everything I had was delicious. It is in a back neighborhood within easy walking distance to some nice restaurant and some shopping, it was nice to be in a quiet area, making the entire stay seem more authentic and local.
I traveled solo, and had previously found it difficult to add myself to tours to see the sites, the people at the desk were so helpful to ensure I had the best stay possible.

I ended up traveling with Nanda on motorcycle tours to Jomblang, local markets as well as Borobudur and Prambanan temples. He was an excellent driver ensuring safety and a swift ride to each place despite some difficult roads. He made sure to personalize the trips too, adding in stories of local history and legends, pointing out local markets and offering to stop whenever there was a good view or vista. We even stopped off at a local place for food on the way back from Jomblang Caves and as they knew I was traveling alone took me to experience the local food at a restaurant to experience truly authentic and wonderful local dishes, all the while learning more of the Indonesian culture, history and stories of life in Yogyakarta. I cannot recommend this Guest house, and my guide Nanda, enough. If you want a truly authentic experience in Yogya, to feel like you are exploring a second home this is the place to go and this is the guide to get.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Jamie A
Herman-Buyle, Eigenaar at Pondok Ijo Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thanks Jamie , it was nice to have you at our place. Nanda has a new old friend Ana ..she also like to connect our guest as much as they want to the Indonesian culture and daily life. We like to make our food from own garden more various ..will be ready for the high season

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

It was a great experience for me and hubby to stay at pondok ijo guest house for 4 days and 3 nights. It's a homey and green place, it's like you never leave home. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Always try to make us feel like home and treat us like their family member. Love their hospitality..

Our superior with a garden view room is very excellent, complete with living room, small kitchen, private garden, we love the outdoor bathroom and the fish pond. The toast and eggs is my recommended breakfast to have. The place is also strategic if you want to go to alun alun kidul and surrounded by restaurants, cafe, mosque, and also many street foods. You can also request for laundry, motorcycle/bike/car rent, and trip to many tourism place in jogja, a complete package of services. You will never get any difficulties there. It's a very recommended place to spend your holiday...

For Mr. Harry thank you so much for caring attention and also always hear what we want. Buat mas2 dan mba2 bagian office, "Semangaaattt... dan terus memberikan pelayanan dan keramahan kepada tamu2.." Wish to come back again in the next trip..

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Herman-Buyle, Eigenaar at Pondok Ijo Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you very much for your time and your fantastic review ! It was nice to have you at our place , looking forward to see you again . Next try our green spagetti with ingredients fresh from our own garden .

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

First, we book a room for just two nights as we didn't intend to stay in Yogyakarta for longer. However, our stay at Pondok Ijo was so good that we finally extended it to 6 days. And we know people who stay there for 20+ days. It's simply so good. Starting from clean and neat rooms in good, art district location, through excellent swimming pool with best water ever, ending up with friendly, helpful and easygoing staff. This place has simply the best vibe.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Herman-Buyle, Eigenaar at Pondok Ijo Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thanks for the nice review and taking the time to write this down . We also have alternative trips with our own staff which make it all more personal and local going expierence . Our try our locale cuosine out off our own garden ..