1,188 results
All reviews kids playground grand duck king summer palace premier room luxury hotel the executive lounge chinese restaurant free mini bar best hotel in town welcome drink traditional touch swimming pool room was spacious sofa bed breakfast buffet rain shower hotel lobby
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

As soon as we entered the hotel, we were immediately welcomed by the lemongrass scent, which is lovely. All the staff were very courteous and friendly. The rooms were amazing! Spacious and comfortable, and we got an allowance of 5 piece of laundry per day, which is a bonus! Love the spa, which is very nice with reasonable price. Best of all is the variety of breakfast spread! All of us were looking forward to breakfast everyday we stayed there! The rice dishes changes everyday, with lots of traditional snacks (jajanan pasar) and there was also a lady who pushes a cart to offer traditional herbs (jamu) to guests, which we love! Would definitely stay here again, very recommended! Well done!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Mey N, General Manager at Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Mr. JoKart,

Greetings from Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

It was a pleasure to welcoming you to Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta. Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. We are very happy to hear that everybody were impatient waiting for the breakfast time and enjoying the fresh menu of food, every day. And yes, we added the Jamu (Traditional Herbs) cart, special for our breakfast, to keep the guest happy and healthy staying with us.
Thank you for recommending our Hotel to other travelers. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Tentrem on your next visit to Yogyakarta in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is truly one of the best hotels in Yogyakarta. Very well trained staffs, great food, professional handling in every parts. Been here with my family, I've tried their gym, which is great, my son tried their playground which also turns out to be great. And their breakfast just awesome! Overall, this is top of the line hotel, you guys deserve a great compliment for your service!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Ivan,

Greetings from Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and thank you for a great compliment you gave for our services. We are very happy to hear that our food and facilities were made your stay pleasant, especially to hear that your son enjoyed his time at our Kids Playground. We wish to give the best family moments to be remembered for you and your family, and glad that we made it. We appreciate your positive feedback and looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

This is the best hotel in Yogyakarta. Staff friendly. You can’t get a late check out past 14:00. The jacuzzi lovely best I’ve seen so far. Steam wasn’t working out door pool amazing view. Fred and the concierge desk very friendly and very helpful he did everything to make our stay perfect! (Booking Cabs, ordering food and much more)
Only one thing I can say this hotel could improve on is making the rooms sound proof.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank farhan m
Mey N, General Manager at Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Mr. Farhan,

Greetings from Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

We appreciate your trust to Hotel Tentrem as the best Hotel in Yogyakarta. We truly appreciate your kind words about the Concierge team, we will let them know how perfect your stay was, colored with their friendly and helpful services. And yes, we are currently working on solving the room soundproof problem. Thank you for letting us know your feedback about your stay for our improvement.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again as a guest in Hotel Tentrem on your next visit to Yogyakarta.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

The rooms were a good size, comfortable and quiet. Friendly service and helpful at the consigners' desk. We were there during Ramadan and it was a packed hotel thankfully we did not get loud families nearby. Had lunch at the Indonesian restaurant and it was terrible! They were setting up for dinner party reservations for Ramadan, loud and nosy. Only people there in this huge banquet dining room the whole time we ate our lunch. Had the Indonesian fried chicken, so badly overcooked, I think it was leftover from last nights buffet and tossed in the deep fryer for a half hour. So overcooked, inedible.
Ate at the Chinese restaurant for the next three dinners and lunch, fabulous! Really good dim sum! Excellent breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Gladfly,

Greetings from Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

It was a pleasure to welcoming you to our beautiful Hotel in June 2018. We appreciate your positive feedback about our Chinese Restaurant, Summer Palace, that suitable for having dinner and lunch with family. We will review with the team in regards to the noise of setting up Ramadhan Buffet that should not be interrupting the guest who enjoyed lunch at the same restaurant. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will also communicate with the related department for the overcooked fried chicken, so we could offer a better food experience in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again as a guest, in Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

A note to the General Manager Mr Mey Nurnaningsih before writing this review. I spend a considerable amount of time in Asia on business and have stayed in several hotel chains in the region. I have it on good authority that often replies to Trip Advisor hotel guest reviews are formulated and executed by the GM's P.A. If this is the case at Tentrem please don't patronise me with a 'paste and copy' response. If you cannot find the time to dignify this review site with a response personally then don't reply at all.

I chose this hotel based on the TA 5 star rating as I had never been to Yogyakarta (jogja to use the Lingua Franca) before. Upon arrival I was impressed like other guests with the Lobby lemon grass fragrance and the efficient check in procedure and welcome drink.
As I understand it this is a fairly new hotel and as such has a modern , if somewhat clinical feel to the place.

My reservation was made directly with the hotel website and I requested a non smoking high floor quiet room away from the elevator. Well all four were accommodated but the trip from the elevator to my allocated room 741 was akin to a route march with the British Para's. The building is effectively a 'U' shape with all 3 elevators on one side of the U and I was on the wrong side. I did not have a problem with this ( I guess it was my own fault given my request) but a warning to guests with disabilities.

Things got worse from here on in. I am not a picky customer and sometimes you have to accept shortcomings in hotels but one red line for me is a slow internet connection. For a so called 5 star hotel to have a 1.4 MBPS download speed is appalling . Prior to visiting this hotel I had stayed at the Aston in Purwokerto, a 4 star hotel in a smaller city in central Java with a much better connection. I'm not a heavy user but enjoy listening to internet radio in my room which really requires a minimum of 3 MBPS to stop buffering. The hotel reception offered me another password which did not work. "We will contact IT dept" Nothing happened. In the end I did a work around fix and connected my laptop straight to the LAN wall socket as fortunately I had an adapter for my Mac.

The rooms are large and airy with comfortable beds, decent sized bathroom (shower only) and drawer/wardrobe space with a large easy to use safe. Free minibar which is a nice touch but I'm afraid nothing inside to get excited about bar 3 bottles and 2 cans of fizzy drinks. On the second night in the hotel the room soundproofing was tested by a family who moved in next door. The family won and I got little sleep.
After check in I decided to use the Spa. It is a spacious spa with a large whirlspa, plunge pool and sauna. Alas the sauna was not up to temperature. In fact nowhere near a temperature required of a sauna. Several local spa members had remarked on this as well.
I often use hotel pools as a place to relax in. The pool area pics shown on the hotel website were impressive and realistic. Shame about the 20 children who had commandeered it. Although there is a kids pool the staff did not enforce this. Nothing against young kids enjoying themselves but this is not a place to go if you are without children. Suffice to say that I never used the pool facilities.

After 7pm in the evening when the families had retired I tried the poolside lounge bar. A pleasant setting (sans le noise) but a different noise surfaced: the hotel has two competing music streams coming from the hotel speakers. Now look I realise that we humans have been blessed with 2 ears but my brain at least could not cope with this. I decided to try the food at the restaurant which also acts as the breakfast room. The dinner menu is varied but not exquisite, breakfast fare is much better particularly for ethnic Asians. The ambience is somewhat lacking with a British 'Butlins, I've payed for this so I'm going to eat as much as I can' mentality' Plus ca change.

The Indonesian staff in this hotel I would give 5 stars to. Like all Indonesians: courteous, humble and charming with a can do attitude. Unfortunately they have been let down by a General Manager who patently does not pay attention to detail. Most of the shortcomings I have mentioned in this review could be addressed at little or no cost.

My acid test for any hotel is would I stay here again. No.

Room Tip: Stay on the side near the elevators
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled solo
Mey N, General Manager at Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Mr. Brown,

Greetings from Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta.

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Yogyakarta and we appreciate your valuable feedback for our improvement.

Please accept my sincere apologize since I was not able to meet you in person during your stay and share your feedback directly with me due to I was out of the country during the period mentioned. However, my colleague Mrs. Suprapti - EAM of the hotel has shared the important feedback you were discussing with her last Friday, 29 June 2018.

The valuable feedback like yours definitely molded us to be a better hotel and ensure all of our guests to have a memorable stay.

Mr. Brown, I am personally would like to have an opportunity to welcome you back in Hotel Tentrem Yogyakarta and the recent incident above will not banned us for that purpose. Please do not hesitate to contact me or email, should you need any assistance in the future.