“They weren't ready !”

Lewis & Carroll Tea
Ranked #2,099 of 8,438 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Description: A tea house located in South of Jakarta serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was looking a place to celebrate for my Son first Birthday, and from all options that we had we chose L&C considering convenient location, spacious parking area with valet service, Private area available on the whole top floor with indoor and outdoor garden area and toilet on the same floor which I think is a plus point.
We had a meeting before event takes place, a run through what needs to get done in order for the event to run smooth and the way they provided feedback we thought they have done it quite numbers of event held in the premise so we were pretty confident by the time, but things did not go as well as we thought when the event started, long story short here are the points that we think they were not prepare for such an occasion.
1. We booked the whole floor starting at 12 pm, but at 12:05 there was still uninvited guest from other floor roaming around using the toilet as they please even though our booking time has already started, and the waitress could not do anything about it !
2. There was only 1 waitress available for 20 guests throughout the time, the kitchen on ground floor, the private event is on the second floor, the only access to cater the food is by stairs, so you can imagine the rest how busy the waitress was !
3. We made custom menu purposely for the guest to order only what within the chosen menu but in reality there was food and dessert ordered outside the menu, and what made us disappointed that the waitress did not confirm to us, of course we did not blame the waitress, how can we blame her as she was struggled to handle herself for 20 guests.
4. There was only 1 cassette AC to accommodate 20 guests, and it was 34 degrees outside, some locks on folding door to outdoor was broken therefore the hot air went inside and the Air conditioner was useless.
5. They provided malfunction outdoor fan.
6. We were arriving 1 hour earlier before the event started and we saw a room was quite a mess, at least not in the state where the area was clear for us to start decorate.

The only thing that remained us a good memory was the food. It was surprisingly good such as Chef recommendation on Asian and pasta selection so I suggest to try.
But on this occasion the food experience did not cover even close how we were disappointed by mismanaged and unpreparedness from the premises to provide customers a good service especially to create memorable day on my Son First Birthday.

Never return customer.

Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

I went to this place because they also sell flowers. But I was disappointed cause there were only a few and the flowers were not too various.
You can have many options of tea and they taste good, but I wasn't amused by the food. They taste so so.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Quiet little cafe located within Central Mall. Nice change to the abundant coffee places around it. The Truffle Eggs Benedict that I had was ok. Would have been excellent if it was not drenched in hollandise sauce.

Reviewed January 19, 2018

I visited the one in Grand Indonesia Mall. It is located inside central department store. I ordered kopi susu tempo doeloe. The coffee was ok. The ambience is very relaxing with music.

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

It was 10.30 AM,my wife and I decided to have breakfast at mall..we wanted new experience on January 1,2018.
After a while,we find this restaurant.This is our first visit.My wife has mie ayam as her breakfast, and I have crunchy cheesy scramble eggs and coffee as my breakfast.
The service is excellent.
Our best breakfast on first day of 2018.