1,431 results
All reviews le bar superior suite square restaurant premier lounge heritage building tika front office welcome drink nice hotel special thanks check in process executive floor front desk staff nice room convenience store duty manager swimming pool
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Though the checked-in was a bit slow to my standard but once registered, the unexpected happened. Thanks to the management and especially the shift manager mr Hero Gunawan who was very very helpful. Breakfast spread was good, staff are always there for help. Syabas to the management of Novotel GajahMada.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NOVOTEL_GAJAH_MADA, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

Dear JohanSalul,

Thank you for rating Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada with 5 points and for your encouraging comments. It truly feels good to know our associates made the difference and created a memorable stay for you. Special praise to Hero will be given as an appreciation for extending excellent guest services. We also appreciate your kind comments on the hotel facilities and it is great when guests comment how ‘homey’ the property and services feel.

All of us hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Property: Novotel Gajah Mada Jakarta – 07>09FEB2017
Room booked: Superior
Room upgraded: Upgrade to Suite
Rate: Advance purchase Inc. Breakfast $66pn
Free internet: Yes
Welcome drink: Two x Beer or Wine (Platinum only) otherwise Soft drink
Early check in/late out: Offered but not required
VIP treatment: Attentiveness
Executive Lounge: Yes Beer, Wine and canapés (not open for breakfast)
Additional care: Welcome plate of Fruit.
General comments: From the properties we visited on this trip this was one that I least anticipated would provide me with an ‘Accor Experience’ and I was blown away by the attention and treatment provided! Tika was at reception to greet me and made me feel very welcome, informing me that she had upgraded me to a suite and that I should make myself comfortable in the bar with my welcome drink vouchers whilst she confirmed with housekeeping that the room was presented to an acceptable standard.

The bar is located on the second floor, and has smoking and non-smoking area’s and a stage area that appeared to be ready for some live entertainment later that evening. The vouchers were notarised to indicate platinum status and the bar tenders offered me the additional choice of beer and wine to the soft drinks normally provided.

After a one beer wait, Tika returned with my room key. I was provided with a Suite on floor 18. The suites come with 2 toilets, a living room, walk in closet, bedroom and a bathroom complete with rain shower and bath tub. Both the living room and bedroom have a work desk. Coffee and tea making facilities are complemented with an espresso machine and a mini-bar. In the living room, there is a TV and a very close two seat sofa and a small coffee table. As with other reports the TV is mounted very high up the wall.

Bedroom:
The room comes with a king size bed. The bed is clean and very comfortable and there is a TV in the room, which I found easier to watch than the one in the lounge.

Bathroom:
The ensuite bathroom is a long rectangular shape, with the wash basin first, then toilet, bathtub and lastly, the shower area. Toilet amenities are the Novotel typical and what you'd expect from a business hotel. Shampoo, soap, toothbrush, razor are all available.

Lounge:
Located on the 20th floor, I went up for cocktail hour, had a few bites from an unimaginative selection of hot and cold canapés, and was offered a beer. Apart from a view into the Jakarta distance, the place did not have much atmosphere, so I gave up waiting to be asked if I wanted a second beverage as I had dinner plans. There were only two other tables with what appeared to be business couples occupying them. The staff member appeared un-attentive, and I was not engaged in any conversation whatsoever.

Breakfast:
The breakfast was your typical Asian business hotel spread (No Pork Bacon, but that was expected), however there was more than enough to satisfy my western taste buds.

Overall:
Tika was again present to facilitate my check-out, she again reiterated how much the hotel appreciated my loyalty and engaged in further conversations in relation to my stay, my usual hotel choices whilst in Jakarta and general chit chat that made me feel that I was more than a guest. The location was perfect to my wife’s favorite China town jewelry shop, so it suited us very much. I would certainly choose this establishment again if I need to be in this part of town.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family

Dear firsttime4me2,

I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us and for sharing your wonderful experiences on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. Special praise to Tika will be given as an appreciation for extending excellent guest services. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

I just met a lady named Dian and she helped me out and made me feel so welcome, their service is really heartwarming. The hotels location is good and was easy to get to from the airport so it was such a hustle to get there, I just got on a taxi and gave the driver the address and we were there in no time.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
NOVOTEL_GAJAH_MADA, General Manager at Hotel Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear Bupe M,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your comment about our hospitality and our strategic location. Your feedback is important to us and is truly appreciated, as we strive to improve the quality of our services and facilities as we move forward. We are thrilled about your kind mentioning of Dian. Such praises are of excellent motivation and have been shared with all colleagues.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.

Best Regards,

General Manajer

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Hotel is in good order and well maintained. Breakfast is delicious but limited choices. Location in Chinatown, perfect to wonder around on foot, they even located in the same location with Kapitan house.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Bobsabran,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Gajah Mada.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable and memorable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your compliments on our strategic location. Your feedback is important to us and is truly appreciated, as we strive to improve the quality of our services and facilities as we move forward.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon again.

Best Regards,

General Manajer

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

First time hang out to Novotel Lounge, Le Bar, i met with the bartender, and he gives me many suggestion for his best cocktail. And i choose unique and strong one, name is GAJAH MADA COCKTAIL. That is very Instagramable, with glowy lamp and the ingredient? Its very strooong. I Love it... Rendy give me best experience last night..
Very lovely cocktail..

Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo

Dear Ruth S,

It truly feels good to know our associates made the difference and created a memorable stay for you. Special praise to Rendy will be given as an appreciation for extending excellent guest services.

All of us hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,