“Liked the Sweets”

Signatures Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 7,681 Restaurants in Jakarta
Price range: US$15 - US$27
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A true culinary journey for every occasion, all day. Signatures Restaurant unveils a warm and welcoming ambiance, whether you are there for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Indonesia's first president graces the walls as you reminisce and savour that legendary Bubur Ayam HI. Watch the restaurant come alive with buffets and open show kitchens. Western, Asian, International and best European bakery products.
Pasig, Philippines
“Liked the Sweets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2016

It was during breakfast and dinner when we were able to sample the buffet at Signatures Restaurant. The selection for breakfast was huge consisting of local dishes and usual breakfast favourites. Stations for desserts, pastries, bread and beverages were also available. I actually liked the buffet. I enjoyed the sweets, of course.

Since our flight was still at midnight, we were glad that we were able to try the buffet offering of Signatures Restaurant during dinner as well. Local dishes were still present. I had a serving of Nasi Goreng to taste it for the last time before we headed out of Indonesia. Aside from the Indonesian cuisine, there were also other international dishes present at the buffet. Stations for desserts and pastries were also there. Since I love the desserts, I indulged myself more of the sweet offerings.

• Visited March 2016
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Signatures Restaurant, responded to this review, August 9, 2016
Dear Marxtermind,

Thank you very much for your visit at Signatures Restaurant and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. This is highly appreciated.

We were delighted to read that you had a pleasant dining experience and that you were pleased with the quality and variety of food, especially the dessert selection at our Signatures Restaurant.

On behalf of the entire team we are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

• Indonesian first
“Coachroach!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2016

Went for a drink and my daughter decided to have the buffet. When she went to one of the tables, there were 3 coachroaches which my hubby killed one.

She had tomato soup and it wasn't fresh. I cuould taste the can flavor.

Visited July 2016
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Signatures Restaurant, responded to this review, August 3, 2016
Dear Tinylia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit at our Signatures Restaurant. I regret to hear that your recent experience at Signatures Restaurant was less than satisfactory and please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience occurred to you. Rest assured that your feedback is taken seriously as your feedback is most valuable for us to keep up our service standard as well as to improve upon it.

It would be very much appreciated if I can have the opportunity to speak with you personally to obtain more details regarding your experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at yusak.yaniardi(at)kempinski.com if I may be of any further assistance to you. I sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to recover your impression of Signatures Restaurant and that you give us a chance to serve you better in the future.

“Below our expectation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2016

We are really surprised that the food did not meet our expectation since this restaurant is part of a five stars hotel.
We did try all the cuisines, the sushi rice is under-cooked, the western food is plain, the Chinese food is so so and even I barely taste the spice in the Indonesian food.
Anyway, my compliment for the dessert. They are delicious. The quality must definitely be improved.

• Visited July 2016
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Signatures Restaurant, responded to this review, July 25, 2016
Dear Wardono,

Thank you for sharing a review with us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize that your dining experience at Signatures Restaurant fell short of expectations. We have already discussed your feedback with our Executive Chef and our Director of Food & Beverage and please rest assured that we will definitely take your valuable feedback into consideration, in order to improve further in all aspects.

My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better dining experience.

Surabaya, Indonesia
“Can't expect a five star hotel restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2016

The receptions for seating behaved like she/he was the boss inviting us for free. Very un-friendly, treated the guest like beggar waiting for food. Not acceptable as most Indonesians will not behave like that. It could probably that because of the hotel once belong to the government, and they were goverment employee.

Visited July 2016
Dear Hotelranger,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us on TripAdvisor. We sincerely apologize that your recent visit to our Signatures Restaurant was not the warm and welcoming experience, which we aim to provide to our guests. Your comments are well noted and I thank you for bringing them to our attention. Please be assured that we have shared your feedback with our team and will continue to improve further.

Jakarta, Indonesia
“Good Ambiance, Great Staff, Poor Food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2016

We went for Sunday Brunch with the expectation of a good selection and quality food. Sadly the restaurant decor and staff were the best things about Signatures. There was a limited selection of western dishes cooked badly. Salmon Wellington was soggy, Roast Rib was raw, Potato Wedges hardly seems a fitting vegetable side dish for a 5* hotel restaurant. The Seafood was substandard - Prawns were hard and rubbery, Sand Crab was soft and mushy. I did find the dessert Macaroons quite tasty. The selection of Asian foods was vast and mostly of average appearance, I have had warung and small restaurant food that looks far better. The chef could possibly think more about the food choices being offered and perhaps do a taste test of what is actually being served up.
After reading the majority of other people's reviews maybe I am hard to please or other people are just easily satisfied, but I had difficulty finding something that looked appetizing enough to tempt me, I would not recommend Signatures to anyone going for Sunday brunch. Jakarta has far better brunch locations to visit.

• Visited July 2016
KempinskiHotelJKT, Manager at Signatures Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2016
Dear Auszie_Expat,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your review of our restaurant through TripAdvisor. We deeply regret to know that your recent dining experience at our Signatures Restaurant was less than perfect.

We have brought your comments to the attention of our Executive Chef and Director of Food & Beverage, who are continuously looking into improvement of the guest dining experience and to avoid the recurrence in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology and as we strive to provide excellent service and products to our guests, I sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back in not too distant future.