See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 1 May 2018

This had to be the worst hotel I have had the misfortune to stay in the manager only English was when are you checking out he was just a joke and rude with it the restaurant come tip was intolerable the food was just a joke I've seen pigs eat better the staff could not speak a word of English didn't know what a poached egg was it promised a western style breakfast so a few cold French fries was it !! Even the rooms were dirty it took me 2 days to finally get a cup so I could make myself coffee this had no redeeming features at all I could not even give it 1 star appalling

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank GordonB1323
Reviewed 20 April 2018

The hotels only redeeming quality is its location; after that there is nothing good I could say about this property. A front desk that doesn't understand any language but their own and a front office manager who is totally incompetent. Items at breakfast were gone in the early early morning and not replenished and only if you want to stay a few days would you be willing to give them your laundry as you'll never know when you'll receive it back

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Richard F
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is located next to Bakhor Street and 1 hour from airport. The rooms were updated very nicely and clean. The included breakfast was pretty good with eggs cooked to order and coffee. Lots of Chinese options too.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2017

Fantastic hotel to stay whilst in Lhasa. Location was fantastic next to all the shops. Hotel rooms were large clean and new. You must pay for oxygen if you want a quick boost in the night. The front desk were very helpful. English is a rare it's though. Most clientele are Chinese. But this should not put you off if your not Chinese. I would stay here again. Bed was comfirtable and great sheets and pillows. Fantastic!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2017

This was the hotel in the center of Lhasa chosen by our tour operator to overnight a total of four nights, from June 5 to 8 and then the night of June 11/12- 2017.
On arrival, everything seemed to be ok. The gentleman in charge of the reception desk and the check-in at that moment was the only English speaking person, he introduced himself as the Assistant Manager and guided us for a short tour around the hotel, explaining that it was still under renovation and some other punctual information.
Back to our room, the bell-boy was waiting with our stuff in front of the door, we gave him a tip to and, at this moment, something in the attitude of the Assistant Manager made me feel that I did something wrong. (not tipping him perhaps?)
When we went out a few minutes later, the Assistant Manager was still at the front desk and immediately turned his face, not even answering when I hailed him.
The following morning, we reported a problem with the toilet door, when we returned in the evening the door was not repaired.
The following day we reported it again and finally the door was repaired.
At checking out time, he just run away as soon as he saw us, we gave the receptionist the receipts for 4 bottles of water that we had drunk (6 RMB each –less than one USD-) and the driver sent by the agency to pick us up (who also didn’t speak English) dealt with the details; when he said let’s go, we left the Hotel.
On June 11th, we returned to the same hotel and then a most irritating situation took place.
Unfortunately, the Assistant Manager was once again in the reception desk and, with his greetings, he not only shown his bad manners, but also a total absence of even the slightest bit of professionalism.
The hotel was not even close to fully booked, but our assigned room was a smoking room, just in front of the lift and facing to an inner yard with a white wall full of A/C machines no further than 20 meters from the window, which made the room feel like an oven, specially since OUR A/C WAS DEAD. He only gave us one room key and when I went down to ask for another one, the Assistant Manager told me that he needed the original key to copy it. At that moment, I found out that he was blaming us for leaving two unpaid bottles of water from the last time we were there (less than 2 USD in total).
Already feed-up, I told him that I would write a good report in TripAdvisor and, magically as I was telling him, the Sales Manager appeared, who was also magically able to get an extra key of the room; as suspected, the original key was not required; also there were many rooms available and at our disposition and the two non-paid bottles was an unfortunate misunderstanding.
We did not accept any kind of gift, the only thing we wanted was to run away from this horrible place where we were criminalized for no reason.

Date of stay: June 2017