All reviews oxygen lounge beautiful hotel horizon club potala palace high altitude five star hotel free oxygen the executive lounge horizon room every amenity concierge desk altitude sickness open hours off the menu dinner buffet excellent facilities mountain view
Reviewed 24 January 2019

I stayed two nights at this hotel. The rooms were comfortable with a great heating system. The hot showers worked perfectly. When walking around the staff seemed to be very friendly and most of them spoke English.

The lounge is quite big and spacious though I did not appreciate people everywhere smoking in such a public area. The dining hall was huge and spacious. Food was great and had many choices from Asian to western. You could call anyone and ask for what you wanted. The cappuccino was fantastic.

It has a quite big heated indoor pool which was amazing and had a fully working gym for in-house guests to use. My highlight was the oxygen room which I had not seen anywhere. As Lhasa is at 3600 meters and travelers can feel altitude after they arrive, this Oxygen lounge is pressurized with oxygen to give you the feel of air at low altitudes. It has soothing music and small futons everywhere to lay down and rest. I loved my 30 minutes there.

It is a great hotel and I enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Ashocky s
Reviewed 17 January 2019

I regret not getting the Potala Palace view room as the room view from the ordinary rooms wasn't that exciting and nice.

The room is large and well equipped. Anything that isnt in the room you can ask reception/concierge, had to pay 50yuan for sanitary napkins though.

John at reception speaks great English and is really helpful, thanks John. Others were helpful as well and in general staff were friendly.

The restaurant was ok, not the best food but probably pretty good in terms of the entire region, the room service Western food was decent but a little limited.

Hotel has oxygen room and a doctor, but do keep in mind that the oxygen tanks you order in room are at an additioanl 200 yuan. This was not mentioned until they provided it but nice to have.

Location wise is good, its 10 mins taxi ride to town but around the hotel there is not much.

Room tip: Definitely choose the Potala Palace view room!!!
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in total in Shangrila. The architecture in Tibetain style is very nice, rooms are bigs (we chose Potalala view), clean, bathroom was gigantic and very nice amenities. I would particularly recommend this hotel for its 24h doctor and oxygen room because it took us more then 48h to adapt to the altitude. Special thanks to the manager Claudia so helpful and to the chef. We had homemade Panetone on the 25th of December and tasteful Yack burger. Breakfast is good too and you can eat continental.

Trip type: Traveled with family
communicationsslls, communication at Shangri-La Hotel, Lhasa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from Shangri-La Hotel, Lhasa!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write to us.
The Shangri-La hotel, Lhasa strives to offer hospitality for our guests. I am very glad that you had great experience in our Hotel. Your observations are encouraging particularly those of our people and an endorsement that we are on the right track.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback and do let me know if there is anything else I can assist further.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La hotel, Lhasa.

Reviewed 19 December 2018 via mobile

My warmest gratitude to the staff at Shangri-la Lhasa for their superlative service and genuine hospitality. A great team living up to the Shangri-la reputation.
An entertaining Tibetan dance performance in place welcoming us upon our arrival .
The rooms are luxuriously spacious ,clean and extremely comfortable. An amazing room view facing the splendour Potala Palace , spectacular indeed .
Impressed with the different keepsake left daily on bedside table by the Housekeeping team.
The buffet breakfast includes western and eastern choices and is very plentiful ... a must try on their scrumptious Chinese cuisine.
Kudos to the well managed team with outstanding customer service .

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Daydream646362

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Shangri-La hotel, Lhasa!
Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our team were able to deliver to your expectations.
You have been so generous in extending such nice words on our hotel both in terms of our services and products, which we truly value and appreciate very much as it is no doubt a great encouragement to each of us in our continuous efforts to improve and maintain our standards. We will be sharing your favorable comments with our colleagues which come as a result of their hard work!

Dear guest, should there be any requirement for your future visit in Lhasa, please do not hesitate to contact us directly as I would be more than happy to make arrangement for you and welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 December 2018 via mobile

This is the hotel to stay if you are planning to visit Lhasa, Tibet.
Shangri-la, Lhasa definitely lives up to its name with the impeccable service n facilities.
Our 4 nights stay was awesome. Our room was spacious n clean with a magnificent view of the Potala Palace. Staffs were very attentive n polite. Everything was well organised n taken care off. Very good Chinese food too!!
Thank you Shangri-la & team for making us feel at home. Will definitely be back!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jeanlse
communicationsslls, communication at Shangri-La Hotel, Lhasa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Warm greetings from Shangri-La Lhasa! Thank you for providing the survey feedback on your recent stay. should there be any requirement for your future visit in Lhasa, please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I would be more than happy to make arrangement for you personally and welcome you back in the nearest future.