“Great Dinner Selection at Cafe Causette”

Cafe Causette - Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Ranked #259 of 9,442 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Café Causette’s lively show-kitchens serve a range of dishes from all over the world. Discover Asian favourites such as Nasi Goreng and Hainan Chicken Rice, on an extensive menu that also features classic international offerings such as The Mandarin Burger and pizzas that are considered by many to be the best in town. A range of organic, vegetarian friendly or gluten free options are also available for guests with special dietary requests. A favourite with both Hong Kong residents and hotel guests, Café Causette also offers afternoon tea. At this family friendly restaurant, a special children’s menu, activity packs and colouring pencils await.
Reviewed February 4, 2016

The relaxing yet elegant venue of Café Causette had been our group's eating-place one night in Hong Kong. It was our first night altogether in Hong Kong and I couldn't think of any better to celebrate it but to have a great dinner. And Café Causette was the perfect place.

Our group had a mix of Asian and international dishes for our dinner. We ordered Asian dishes like Beef Satay, Cheung Fun, Hainan Chicken Rice, Singapore Curry Laksa and Vegetable Spring Rolls. We also ordered classic international favorites like Pork Pecorino Pizza and Fish and Chips.

It was a sumptuous dining experience at Café Causette. We ended satisfied and full with all the dishes, desserts and beverages that we had tried. All was great and delectable.

MOHKG, Manager at Cafe Causette - Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2016

Dear marxtermind,

Thank you very much for visiting Café Causette last November and for your kind words here. It is a delight to read that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves so much during your first gathering together in Hong Kong. I also want to let you know that we have introduced more items at Café Causette so make sure to come back!

We look forward to welcoming you in again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 28, 2016

I have gone to this restaurant many times over the years for breakfast and lunch, usually for business meetings, and usually the service and food has been excellent. My wife and I went there for lunch last week, and unfortunately while the service was generally superb, the food offered by this old favorite was not up to its standards or those of this fine. We arrived without a reservation, and the excellent hostess seated us without fuss, which was appreciated. My wife's luncheon salad was good, not exceptional. My fish stew was served cold and inedible. I sent it back, and shortly the same plate was brought back, clearly having been put in a microwave as the bowl was very hot and the fish warm but now tough. Clearly no thought had been given to replacing the order. I am posting this not to discourage others from visiting this restaurant, but in the hope that management reads this and and addresses the shortcomings.

MOHKG, Manager at Cafe Causette - Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Dear ccalberti,

Thank you very much for visiting Café Causette this past January and for your valued feedback. I regret to read that you and your wife had a disappointing meal and that certainly isn’t the impression we want to leave you with. Please accept our apologies and know that I have shared your feedback with our team as well.

Thank you again and we hope you will return to us for a repeat visit so that we can do better.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed January 26, 2016 via mobile

Staying in the Mandarin Oriental hotel and selected this Resturant to enjoy my breakfast as it provides a menu to order your choice of breakfast rather than buffet style. Nice and easy to get a table despite being busy and received quick service. Enjoyed the breakfast skillet which is served beautifully hot in a cast iron skillet. Also was provided with some lovely multigrain toast and selection of jams. Prices were on high side however all ingredients were of a high standard.

Reviewed January 24, 2016 via mobile

A good place for business meetings, a bit soulless as hotel cafes can be, the odd thing is that it is next to the hotel's cake and chocolate shop but they are run septa tell and do not cooperate-you can cross order. Good menu, good service and nice manager.

Reviewed January 20, 2016 via mobile

I went to Cafe Causette at the Mandarin Oriental for High Tea with my family, half of whom are vegetarian. I called Cafe Causette a couple of days prior to our visit to check if they could adapt a tea set suitable for vegetarians. The staff were extremely happy to accommodate to our dietary requirements and went above and beyond to make sure the menu fitted our needs. I can not recommend this place enough, the staff make you feel extremely special, and it is truly a personalised experience. Thank you so much Team Cafe Causette for your hospitality! Definitely a place our family will be coming to regularly! :)

JSHongKong, Manager at Cafe Causette - Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2016

Dear IshiGidwani,

Thank you very much for visiting us at Cafe Causette with your family earlier this month. I am happy to read that you were satisfied with the service provided by some of our exceptional colleagues and enjoyed our vegetarian afternoon tea offerings as well.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Cafe Causette often as many of our dishes are vegetarian!

Yours sincerely,
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong

Been to Cafe Causette - Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!