All reviews the ground floor ac receptionist elevator mansion bus exit
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

We live in Shenzhen China and go to Hong Kong all the time for border runs. Never had this problem before. Get to prepaid hotel. They demanded another 1500hkd $191usd. (This is the price of marriott, holiday inn etc.) Telling me the computer has a "glitch" and it's not their problem but mine when I asked them to honor my booking.

Call hotels.com, after 2 hours of arguing they payed the difference as it's late at night now and no energy to get a new hotel.
So you would think they would be happy right?

No after hotels.com hangs up they demanded another 260hkd service fee. This is the price of a nights stay and the hotel had already been paid... TWICE.

These guys are so greedy and corrupt.
Call hotels.com again, they're awesome as they pay the additional 34usd so we can just be done and go to bed.
Management was rude to each person that came thru, telling Expedia customers they don't have prepaid bookings, telling mom's that they can't have any towels, that it's their fault they should have asked earlier. Which btw the room came with no towels so used the bedsheet to dry off after the shower.... After all easier than dealing with the rude management.

This place is horrible no one should give them any business.... I've stayed in this hotel block before and never encountered this before.

I've sent a screenshot of what prices should be not the scam prices they demanded.

If it wasn't for the scaming, management and lack of towels this would be a nice hotel. But I wouldn't trust them. Hotels.com was awesome and paid all the blackmail fees.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank Sandie02
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 7 days in early August. It was very clean. The service lady Mary was amazing and helpful. The rooms are budget but it gives you everything you need on a budget. The check in staff were great and helped me with any questions I had. I would definitely book it again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas M
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Better than I thought
I know the room might be very small. But at least I got the service that I need, like: towel, soap, a/c, water heater, the room cleaned everyday, and the wall is clean. mary is such a blessing, she is so good and kind to us, we stayed in 17th floor and she is the one who taking care of the floor, so if you want a hotel at chungking mansion this might be the best of all, will definitely come back to mary's room. You could request to the receptionist to stay with mary if you want some service. And the area is quiet, and you will get empty lift if you want to go down as 17th floor is the highest. Cheers mary!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 697dimasl
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Firstly,this is NOT a hotel.

The room is okay with the cheap rice. No towel provided only liquid soap in the toilet and 1 roll of tissue for 6 days usage. Room is cleaned everyday.

Reception staff ( 2 ladies are okay) but there's a man (PAKISTANI OR SINGH),probably their boss is VERY RUDE!! LEARN SOME MANNERS AND RESPECT YOUR GUEST. CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. CHECK YOUR EMAIL EVERYDAY WHEN WE ALREADY SENT MILLIONS OF EMAIL TO U WITH NO REPLY. DO NOT SIMPLY CANCELLED THE ROOM WITHOUT INFORMING US WHICH U SAY U DID! I SHOULD HAVE TAKE YOUR PICTURE AND NAME AS WELL.

Drinking water and hot water are provided outside the room. Another RUDE man forbid us to get the drinking water saying it's only for making tea not for us to refill into our small mineral water bottle.

Lift,where you have to wait forever for it to go up or down.

Overall I don't mind with the small room,or the lift or what so ever. But the biggest disappointment is the TALL BIG ARROGANT PAKISTANI OR SINGH OR WHATEVER BEAST ARE YOU make this a horrible thrash place to stay. LEARN SOME MANNERS AND RESPECT TOWARDS YOUR GUEST.SHAME ON YOU.

Please do find other budget hostel/backpackers as well. Not worth ur every penny even thou the price is cheap but lack in customer service.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2018

This was all about getting to know the situation for me. Once I got familiar with the setting, it was fine. In the beginning, we had to find our way to an unfamiliar place. Dhillon shares a building with literally dozens of similar operations in a building referred to as a mansion. The first 2 floors are food and businesses, and there are always people hanging around, primarily guys wanting to sell you tailor services, then watches...and other things. Granted, it can be a bit annoying, but it's the landscape there. The one big drag I winked at due to the 10X lower price than the neighboring Holiday Inn was the elevator situation.

When we arrived, after getting to the front desk, we were directed to our room, with assistance, and when we got in.realized how small the rooms were. showers over top of toilets, many rooms have no windows, etc. My wife has a sensitive nose and quickly deduced that she could not stay in this room. I went to the front desk, and Sunny was sent to help us. He got us into an alternative room that her nose was OK with, and all was well...yes, there is AC.

One night, I needed some water and went to the elevator on the 10th floor to go downstairs. When the elevator opened, it was already full from people on higher floors. It's rather slow and busy. There are 2 elevators for each of 5 sections, one stopping on odd number floors, the other, even floors. At this point I took the stairs. When I got to the ground floor, there were 20 people waiting at each elevator to go up. Bear in mind, the people capacity is 7, and that's based on average Chinese people. I've heard them beep when a sixth person gets on. When it beeps, someone needs to get off. They are small, and when you put baggage in them it gets more complicated...this it what you get when you save money. At this point I said, "Aw hell", and took some of the minimum of $225 USD I saved on the Holiday Inn and went directly across the street and across a concrete courtyard to building right over a corner street food joint, went up to the 7th floor, and got an awesome massage...hey, if your money is going to disappear anyway, what do you want to spend it on? (I'm adding a picture of that corner street food place.)

If what you want is accommodations, then this is not the place for you. I would suggest you spend the 10X fee and take the room at the Holiday Inn next door. The room was comfortable but tight. If you can't handle the shower size, that certainly can be a deal breaker. It's all about priorities. This is a good bed to sleep in for a few days and I'll repeat. I'll just get a massage every day ;p. If you are high maintenance and hard to satisfy, this will not be a good experience for you. Don't expect to pay $20 a night and get 1st class accommodations. These are phenomenal for the money. In short, don't be ridiculous.

Sunny took good care of us and all went well with this stay.

I think the best Metro exit for baggage, with up and down escalators is exit A1, if I recall right, at the Tsim Sha Tsui station. It may also be one of the D exits. Sorry, not certain.

One additional suggestion. Go out the front entrance of the mansion and turn left. Walk about 2-3 blocks to the waterfront, and get there by 8pm. Imagine a fireworks show this close to you every night. You'll want to see this.

Room tip: full size beds may very well have you climbing over your bed mate.
Date of stay: April 2018