6,995 results
All reviews free mini bar timeless lounge vertical garden club suite polytechnic university training hotel harbour view free international calls top floor amazing hotel shuttle bus pool and gym free smartphone mobile phone our honeymoon nespresso machine late flight
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Two nights in this lovely hotel just weren’t enough, if I ever get to visit Hong Kong again I’m booking Hotel Icon! The staff were helpful and kind to us inexperienced travelers. Nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was beautifully clean and well presented, our room was a city view but still had a great view of the Harbour. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2018, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Resort219686,

Thank you for your lovely review of #hoteliconhk. We are delighted to hear you had such a great time with us. Here at Hotel ICON, we emphasise attention to detail and a real passion for what we do.

Thank you for your kind compliments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel with my dad for two nights while in Hong Kong for the weekend. I have been to a few different hotels in Hong Kong and this was my first visit to Hotel ICON. We were traveling into Hong Kong from the mainland via the new high speed train from Guangzhou. Upon arriving at the Kowloon train station in Hong Kong, we made the oddly long walk to catch a free bus at the Kowloon Station that services several hotels including Hotel ICON. The bus makes several stops before making it to Hotel ICON so if your in a rush or want to avoid the hassle you might want to just take a taxi.

Upon arriving at the hotel we were greeted by friendly staff that were happy to help and promptly took our luggage. We checked in (also a pleasant experience) and she showed us to the elevator. Shortly after our luggage arrived and we got settled in the room.

The room was nice and well appointed with a city view. It included a cellphone like device that allowed you to create a wifi hotspot anywhere in the city for free. It was incredibly useful as we decided to go on an adventure and mostly used buses to get around. A few times we needed to double check routes which was no problem with the wifi hotspot. This feature is unlike anything I have ever had access to at any hotel i have visited and is incredibly nice to have.

The downside of the room was the bed was so so, on the hard side (even after traveling on the mainland) and really nothing special. There was also an incredible amount of in room light at night. Turn off all the lights and there is still a strong glow from the technology. I ended up walking around and putting shirts over all of the lights to improve my sleep. While this seems to happen as hotels try to pack tech into rooms (and I have been in worse rooms), it is annoying and is an aggravation.

The other downside of the hotel is the elevators. There are not enough of them and when it's busy it takes a very long time for an elevator to arrive. There were times that people were lined up to get an elevator (aka they couldn't all fit in the next available elevator) which to me is a little bit crazy.

The breakfast buffet was good with a decent selection of the usual items, nothing incredible but certainly not lacking. Service was also good with many staff available to help as needed.

All in all this is a nice hotel that is in my option worth the price but as mentioned a few improvements can always be made.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Jonathan H

Thank you Jonathon H for your detailed and wonderful review of #hoteliconhk.

Here at Hotel ICON, our team strives to delight and surprise guests every single day through small gestures, thoughtful intuition, and genuine passion for what we do. The Handy Phone was implemented to provide guests with an easy way to stay connected as well as avoid expensive roaming charges while travelling in Hong Kong.

Thank you for your feedback on the lighting in the room, it is something I will look into together with my engineering team. We are sorry to hear that the elevators have affected your stay with us. It was extremely busy during your stay at Hotel ICON as the occupancy was nearly full so elevator wait times were longer than usual.

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As escapists, we don’t normally write about urban hotels, and the Icon sure counts as that. However, we were so blown away by how amazing the staff were that we feel we must write something.

We stayed there for one night on the way through. On that day, a waiter knocked on the door to our room and walked in seconds later, never giving me time to respond. I called down to front desk to complain.

The hotel was so apologetic, that when we came back through a week later, they upgraded us to a suite, but not just any suite, but the best suite in the hotel. And let us move in straight off the plane at 9 in the morning.

This is the kind of gesture that goes a long long way… and results in reviews like this!
Also kudos for serving the vegan Impossible burger (the best veggie burger there is) at the poolside restaurant, along with great freshly made smoothies.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business

Dear TheEscapists,

Thank you for your wonderful review of #hoteliconhk. We are glad to hear we were able to make your stay a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed the Impossible Burger.

Here at Hotel ICON, we go above and beyond to ensure the guest leaves with an unforgettable experience.

Thank you for your kind compliments of Hotel ICON and we wish you a lovely week ahead.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed 5 nights in Club 38 room. 27th floor , room 2710. From the moment I stepped out from the K3 bus ... I was impressed with the customer service. Views from my room were just breathtaking, nights and days. First time in HK. Free minibar ( I just ate all nuts and m&m everyday, and water, didn’t touch beer, wine, cokes, etc ) smartphone ( very handy ), free powerbank to use, plenty of plugs and usb hubs ( loved that because I have lots of cameras and equipments to charge ). Wifi was great, no problem to skype. Breakfast buffet was great, not a foodie person, happy. Location... free shuttle bus every 20 minutes to Star Ferry terminal ( and back to hotel ). Or 5 minutes walk to nearest Metro station. And.... my flight from HK back to Dublin was at midnight, so I checked out and could leave my luggage at the hotel. When I checked out they gave me a key to pool area on 9th floor, to use all facilities there... lounge, shower rooms, pool. Brilliant. Came back around 6 pm, took a shower, changed clothes and picked up my luggage and off to airport. Take K3 bus to Kowloon metro station ( from hotel ) , buy a Airport Express Train ticket and check in for your flight there. Airlines have check in desks there. I flew Cathay Pacific. And then you just go to the airport with your carry on and collect your luggage in your final destination. Anyway.... I paid for CLUB ROOM, so I don’t know about other rooms. Meaning... free minibar or after check out ... to get a key to use facilities on 9th pool floor. And at the end of my review....one thing I didn’t like... 28th floor bar and restaurant.... WHY OH WHY is the BAR where is it, blocking great views. There is only one table by window to see HK Skyline. Unless you go to have a dinner in the restaurant. And if you smoke.... like I do.... outside of the Hotel, around the corner. Or 9th floor/pool.... there is a table for smokers. You can have a drink there too, just check closing hours, not sure.

Stayed: November 2018, traveled solo

Dear H653IHivanb,

Thank you for your detailed and passionate review of #hoteliconhk. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed all our unique amenities and our beautiful harbour views.

Here at Hotel ICON, we emphasize attention to detail and a real passion for what we do. Our 100% electric shuttle buses are a big hit with many of our guests and the Timeless Lounge was created so guests can have a place to rest and freshen up for those in-between moments.

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here while on a tour of China. We are fussy and quite hard to please. But credit when credit is due. This hotel surpassed our expectations and we loved it. For a large hotel it has a friendly vibe coupled with brilliant service. We had a Club smaller suite - beautiful room with lots of lovely finishing touches. Private check in which was lovely.

We have stayed in a lot of good hotels - this was probably the best overall for the atmosphere and being cared for. This is rarely found. Well done! Especially Mr Kelvin who is the epitome of great customer service.

Top tip - pay the extra and go for Club.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear LouMar2011,

Thank you for your five-star review of #hoteliconhk and for your kind recommendations of our Club Service.

Here at Hotel ICON, caring for our guests is at the core of what we do. Kelvin is an extremely passionate associate of ours who works with his team to go above and beyond to ensure you leave with a memorable and pleasant experience.

Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON and we wish you a lovely week ahead.