3,972 results
All reviews fortress hill the club lounge oil street le restaurant top floor building work building site booked a club room mtr station glass wall star hotel fantastic hotel rain shower octopus card victoria park public transport chinese restaurant
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Due to our flight being rescheduled, we arrived earlier than anticipated and our room wasn't ready. As we'd booked a club room we were shown to the club level floor for check in and sat in the lounge enjoying views of the harbour whilst having coffee/drinks. From the moment we arrived, Jessica was extremely helpful each day she was on duty, booking our restaurant reservation and arranging a bottle of sparkling wine in our room to celebrate our anniversary. Our room was a little average size, extensive pillow menu, good shower and provided amenities. If you've booked a club room, breakfast is served in the restaurant with views of the harbour, which was a great way to start the day. - there's a buffet, but also a menu for freshly prepared dishes such as eggs benedict, oatmeal, pancakes etc. The club lounge serves afternoon tea and drinks and canapes in the evening - table wait service for drinks which includes a number of cocktails and the wait staff happily replenished drinks. The hotel is ideally situated to fortress hill station and makes getting around very easy. We would recommend it, particularly the club rooms.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
GaryC_HGHK, 經理 at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear AliinAus
Thank you for sharing this great review in TripAdvisor!
I am very pleased to read that your recent stay was all enjoyable. Our hotel is indeed conveniently situated with just a few minutes walking distance away from MTR station and we do provide 2 types of complimentary shuttle bus that goes to Hong Kong Eastern area as well as Central / Causeway Bay in order to enhance the convenience of our guests.
The exclusive privileges of our Harbour Club indeed well received by many guests as it will guarantee you a room on the higher levels, enjoy daily breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail in the top floor Lounge with a panoramic harbour view and personalized check in and out service.
Thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to delivering another brilliant experience on your next visit to Hong Kong.
Gary Chong/ Senior Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Located in Hong Kong Island and overlooking Kowloon side. Recommend the rooms at the Harbour Club floors which allow guests to gain access at the Harbour Club Lounge during happy hours and enjoy breakfast in the morning, both are on the same floor, with magnificent views of Victoria Harbour. Staff were very attentive and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
GaryC_HGHK, 經理 at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Crystal M
Thank you for sharing your recent experience in TripAdvisor!
I am very pleased to read that you had a wonderful stay and particularly satisfied with the service of our Harbour Club.
The exclusive service provided by our Harbour Club is indeed well received by many guests as it will guarantee you a room on the higher levels, enjoy daily breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail in the top floor Lounge with a panoramic harbour view and personalized check in and out service.
I wish to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind compliments to the hotel and staff, I will certainly pass along your compliments to the team as that is definitely an added encouragement to continue to strive service excellence for all our guests.
We look forward to delivering another brilliant experience for you on your next visit to Hong Kong in the near future.
Gary Chong/ Senior Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Room service meal disappointing, beef Massaman Curry was cold, chewy and fatty. Tiramisu was not the best either and the wine offering for nearly £9.00 gbp was poor.

My remote control was filthy, I had to clean it myself, never mind where others hands have been then used it!

I woke early and wanted a flat white coffee, I visited the third floor, this hotel is shouting for a cafe/pastry shop, barista style coffee, my coffee was ok, machine made.

One of my colleagues recommended Pret on the corner within walking distance of the hotel. Very happy, perfect flat white with no funny after taste, great selection of healthy foods plus yummy, fattening almond croissants which I resisted! Sadly

I really fancied dim sum for breakfast and when I rang room service the lady said it wasn’t available..... Staff are hit and miss, not the warmest when interacting, not to generalise.

The room overall is well appointed, desk, aircon was good, bathroom well appointed, toiletries etc provided, the norm.

Well stocked fridge in the room with assortment of alcohol, soft drinks, fruit drinks etc. A few snack items provided for a charge.

There are a couple of movie channels for free and are in English.

I may have rated the hotel average as I feel they could improve room service and upgrade their coffee facilities. Most of us now know how we like our coffee and I’m not the only fussy person when it comes to how it’s made!

Stayed: June 2018

Dear James B
Thank you for sharing your experience in TripAdvisor.
Whilst I am pleased to see that your impressions were satisfactory in the main, I have made a special note of the points you mentioned regarding the food quality of private dining meals which we will certainly look into your comment carefully and review with all concerned departments.
Your valuable feedback is most helpful as it serves to identify areas in which we can further improve and without the assistance of considerate guests such as you, our task would be much more difficult.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Stayed at this hotel in room 2827 for 2 nite as part of a world trip .
The room was a little tight for us with all the luggage we had but was well worth the stay
It has a lovely view of the harbour and a great sunset view, there is a safe ,small fridge and free WiFi.
There is a lovely pool although sun doesn't get there till late afternoon it's nice to relax at and maybe read a book before setting out to sight see.
The buffet resturant is well equipped to deal with everyone and caters well for all nationalities. The rooftop view at sunset is glorious to see although it would have been nice to sit out at it but there's no seating .
This hotel is in a great location with shop restaurants and bars as you step out the hotel
There is a free shuttle bus with a number of drop of points and collection points which run regularly through out the day till late evening
There is a lack of communal seating around reception which is not great when waiting taxi ect
The hotel offers a number of bars and restaurants unfortunately we ate out due to our sight seeing times .There is a spa in hotel as well but due to our schedule we never got to see or use it .
Suitable for people with special needs and young families .
The saff at the hotel were very well mannered ,helpful and courteous and have good spoken English. This hotel is well worth the stay ,it's very clean, great housekeeping ,comfy and a lovely nite sleep .

Room Tip: Any room facing the bay as building work on other side
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
GaryC_HGHK, 經理 at Harbour Grand Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Lynda S
Thank you for sharing this delightful review in TripAdvisor!
It is our pleasure to know that your stay was thoroughly enjoyable and the level of services you experienced have met your expectations. Thank you for highlighting our convenient location, attentive staff, comfortable room condition and the enjoyable dining experience. Your kind words have been passed on to the whole team and it is really encouraging to receive such wonderful feedback.
We look forward to delivering another brilliant experience for you on your next visit to our wonderful home - Hong Kong in the near future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

這個價錢住到的卻是2星不如的房間!
說好的維港view,半邊看工地
半邊是甚麼都沒的海

退房時間是中午12點, 11:50就有人快速敲門3次沖進來,過程不用10秒!

入住前有特地email給酒店這次是來慶祝週年紀念的,酒店也清楚知道並回覆,但全程連一點表示都沒有,最基本說一句Happy Anniversary都沒有,我跟我女朋友都非常失望!!!!

Definitely not choose this hotel again!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear kahou l
Thank you for sharing your recent experience in TripAdvisor.
We are extremely concerned that your entire experience was marred by certain aspects of the stay which is obviously not the usual high level of quality and services that we aim to deliver to our guests.
I would like to deeply apologize for the experience that was below your expectation and rest assured that I will carefully review all the issues that you have brought up with the concerned management team for improvement.
I sincerely hope that we would be given another opportunity to welcome you again and may I invite you to contact me directly prior to your next visit so that I can personally look after your stay and most of all, to ensure an enjoyable and pleasant experience is seamlessly delivered.
garyc2@harbourgrand.com