US$147
Free cancellation until 07/27
Book now, pay at stay
US$242
  • Pool
Regal Riverside Hotel(Hong Kong)
US$78
US$70
Regalhotel.com
  • Restaurant
Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$202
US$183
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Royal View Hotel(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$81
Agoda.com
US$341
US$268
US$443
US$368
4,145 results
All reviewsolympic stationshuttle busolympian cityfamily quad roommobile phoneladies marketwifi hotspotcomfort roomfree smartphonefree callsfree shuttle serviceprovide shuttlerooms are smallwalking distanceminute walkairport expresssim card
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My review is a reiteration of most
Compact room= 2 of us 2 cases, theres a window ledge for cases but its a small room, not conducive for relaxing BUT was perfectly fine for sleeping, and minimal noise , slight buzz from traffic and aircon but didnt effect our slumber
Shower is small with toilet near by, both blocked during our stay but quickly fixed
Water pressure great and hand held or shower style
Bed two king singles joined but comfy though pillow to hard for me, linnnen fine
Some storage for shirts etc and see trough oh la la
Lifts quick enough
Handy complimenatry phone to hot spot and even call home for free
Wifi excellent
Close enough to walk to station
Never used the comp bus
Staff fine
Breakfast hmmm cheap and standard on par with costs around hotel
Preferred mong kok area than here as a little more lively and more options but i walked there each day 20 mins tops
Probably would stay again and consider a room upgrade

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joancollins69
DorsettMongkokHK, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your valuable comments. We are delighted to know that overall you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Rest assured that we will continue providing the best stay experience to all guests at Dorsett Mongkok, Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Room was super clean, convenient, and right below it, there is a supermarket and Mcdonald! Love the smell of their shampoo and bath gel too! Shuttlebus is available to bring you around the area too! PS: Frankie, the guest service staff was really helpful and good in his service! Well done Dorsett!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Xin Ping L
DorsettMongkokHK, General Manager at Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Xin Ping,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your valuable comments. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We will definitely pass your generous compliments to our front line staff (especially to Frankie) and keep them motivated.

While it would have been great to learn more about your stay experience, we will as always continue to improve our service to ensure you a better stay on your next return.

Once again, t hank you for staying at Dorsett Mongkok, Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay on 31 March and found all the staff very obliging and extremely helpful particularly to all foreign visitors. The hotel is well situated to local markets especially the popular Ladies Market and the access via a free shuttle bus adds value to the stay.
Thoroughly recommended as it is not expensive and yet you get near to 5 star service.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David E

Dear David,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Even though the room is relatively small, for the price it is quite reasonable and we did get a good quality sleep. The room is clean and is equipped with all the commodities. The front desk is very friendly and helpful with my package return. There are a variety of small local restaurants with low price and delicious foods within 100 meters. We tried different restaurants for breakfast and night snacks. 5min walk to subway station. Definitely recommend!!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Jingbo H

Dear Jingbo,

Once again, thank you for staying at Dorsett Mongkok, Hong Kong. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

After reading all the fantastic reviews about this place I made a booking for 4 nights.

First off, the location is weird. It's basically at a stoplight corner ie there is no sheltered drop-off. If you arrive with your bags and it's raining, good luck to you. When you do get there, the hotel is not even level with the ground, you have to lift your stuff up the step (it's a small thing, but whatever. I'm just writing how I experienced it)

I was given room 606, because the room I requested was not available. They would transfer us the next day. Fine

Had a bit of trouble opening the door. The door is not securely fastened shut. As in there's a gap, as in it doesn't look safe. You can bloody rattle it from the outside. Tried maybe 5 or 6 times.

The room is tiny. We had one big suitcase and a pram. There is no room for us to walk around. I don't need a giant alleyway of space but come on. This is ridiculous. In order for us to get around the 2 single beds (after joining them together) we had to sidestep. The whole place was just dank and tacky. The type of place where you can hear the whir of the aircon. I've been in motels nicer than this.

Needless to say, we wanted to get out. Now here's the reason I'm writing this. Checked out the following morning and requested a refund for the remaining 3 nights. Staff told me that they could not do anything as booking was made through an agent (Expedia). I was satisfied with this explanation and asked for a certificate of stay to prove I stayed there the 1 night.

Expedia tried to assist and service recovery was with a $100 coupon. Better than nothing, at least they are doing SOMETHING. Look at the reply Dorsett come up with. They lie about what transpired the morning of my checkout plus they have the cheek to say that they held the room for the nights I wasn't there. So ? You held the room on my account even though I checked out and now it's my fault ? What a goddamn nightmare.

Wasted enough time on this. Lesson learned, don't always believe what you read on the internet.

By the way, I ended up at the Cordis. Believe you me, best decision I made. They even gave me a surprise birthday cake.

I will never step into nor endorse this Dorsett brand ever. For the sake of a few hundred, they'd rather tarnish their squeaky clean image with my review.

Room Tip: a room in a different hotel would be best
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Laksa,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and your valuable comments. We regret to know that you weren't satisfied with your stay at this time.

Concerning the location, Dorsett Mongkok is located in an interesting area where our guests can eat and shop like a local. From “cha chenn teng”, local bakery, tea house to the trendy gadgets, our guests will find countless spots to explore. Also, the closest MTR station to Dorsett Mongkok is the Olympic station which is a 7-minute-walk from the hotel.

Regarding to room size, we offer different types of rooms of varying sizes, you may try our Suite Premier or Family Quad measuring 42 sq.m. for a more spacious and relaxing stay on your next return.

Last but not least, in regards to your request on refund due to early check out, based on the terms and condition of reservation order, you were well explained that it was the prepaid booking and whole period of stay (17-21 Mar) will remain charged with your own understanding. Tracing back to the record on Mar 18, it is said that you claimed that the early check out was due to personal issue and you only requested a certification of stay letter from the hotel for your insurance claim. We would have done our best to get your refund if you would kindly provide any supporting document or explanation. Yet, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that we will continue providing the best stay experience to all guests at Dorsett Mongkok, Hong Kong. We hope that this isolated incident won't prevent you from coming back to our hotel in the near future.