“Fresh tasting Thai cuisine”

Cafe Siam (Forbes Street)
Ranked #1,885 of 10,368 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Took my hosts here for lunch. We all picked off of the lunch set meal. For starters we had chicken satay, prawn spring rolls and a papaya salad. All hit the spot and were excellent presented.For main courses we had roast duck red curry, chicken green curry and stir fry chicken and cashew nuts. Again we all shared, Again they were all very good.
As it was a set menu, desert was included. We were given fresh mango served on black & white sticky rice. It finished off a great meal perfectly. My hosts intend going there again. I will if I am visiting.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife who is of Thai decent was wanting Thai food and this was just a few stops away on the MTR. They had our reservation when we arrived and not too busy at our arrival. Nice decor and an overall pleasant place to dine. The servers were pretty friendly and available when needed. Both my wife and I thought the food was really good. Not sure we saw any Thai people working there but couldn't tell based on taste. Definitely recommend.

William C, Manager at Cafe Siam (Forbes Street), responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Tim M,
Many thanks for taking time to review your recent visit to Café Siam. We are so pleased you had a good time! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went twice to Cafe Siam the first time it was ok and we were happy to return. The second time was not great and we were really disappointed. We were pretty hungry so we ordered our first course with our drinks while we perused the menu for our mains. When the meal arrived our second courses came out first, so we thought initially oh well sometimes this happens, not to worry. But when our son's meal arrived it was actually inedible. We were so disappointed!! Normally we just get on with it and not worry too much, but this time because the meal was so awful we actually sent it back. We were very surprised to find that it was still on the bill when it came time to pay, which just added to whole appalling experience. Sadly we won't be going back and have advised our friends...

Dear NonameAussieinHk,
Thank you for your review of your recent visit to Café Siam. I’m so sorry to hear you did not have a great time. Could you drop us an email to info@eclipse.com.hk so that we can speak with you directly and find out where we went wrong?

Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

Last minute looking for nearby availability for dinner and I used APP Eatigo in HK to search for last minute discount and open tables and found a deal for 30% discount for reservation 35 minutes away just at the end of my MTR stop - so convenient made the reservation via Eatigo while enjoying HK$50 free coupon for coffee by making the reservation via Eatigo.

Arriving Cafe Siam - since I made the booking very last minute so their system was not updated - but they accept my mobile system reservation and sat us down.

I quickly ordered four dishes: Tom Yum Gong soup, Chili fried king prawn, beef salad with cherry tomato and spicy Thai chicken wings.

I loved it how efficiently the food were prepared and served fresh out of the stove and it was within a few minutes our dishes were being served.

Quality of the food is consistent with their sister Restaurant in Central with pleasant staffs and manager

Upon payment we were also presented with a HK$188 worth of coupon for next visit - after 30% off our food items - what’s a pleasant surprise!

1  Thank Maryann T
William C, Manager at Cafe Siam (Forbes Street), responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2018

Hi Maryann T,

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I had a birthday lunch party with a large group of friends. We are all enjoyed the food very much. I love the steamed sea bass. Amazing!!!
Great service and friendly staffs.
Love while they say " Sawasdee Kha " when we arrival

We will be back again soon.

William C, Manager at Cafe Siam (Forbes Street), responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Hi Pratthana N,
Thanks for such a great review! We love to hear from people who love our restaurant as much as we do. See you again soon!