“TOP KNOTCH”

Mercato Hong Kong
Ranked #33 of 10,357 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$25 - US$76
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Mercato is passionately committed to providing guests with a pure and refreshing dining experience. The best Italian cooking is noted for its simple yet elegant preparation of quality ingredients. Mercato embraces this philosophy by combining the finest Italian products with the freshest local bounty to create a naturally vibrant culinary experience unlike any other.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’m currently traveling solo and have been checking out a few places each night here in Hong Kong. This is, by far, the most wonderful place I’ve been to. I’ve hit all the top hotels and these folks at the Mercato are going above and beyond them.

The risotto has a perfect amount of citrus with a subtle longevity of smoothness that keeps your fork on overdrive. The lobster and shrimp raviolis are a touch over citrus’d but that didn’t deter me from eating the whole dish.

Beverage service is on point. The speciality Manhattan was delicious. The wine was presented and poured better than many top-notch operations throughout the world.

Treat yo self. This place is on point!

romain b, General Manager at Mercato Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor, we are delighted to hear to have enjoyed your meal and specially the service.

The team and I are looking forward to have you back at Mercato really soon.

P.S: Do not hesitate to reach me by email if you ever need assistance with your booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Being a Friday night in LAN Kwai Fong speaks for itself. The restaurant in the California Tower was busy and buzzing. Not sure what it’s like on weekdays or lunch but I guess it will be more subdued. Service is attentive and efficient,’everything was served in a timely manner and correctly.
The food is good, commensurate with the casual setting. The signature truffle pizza is totally overrated, taste comes primarily from truffle oil (albeit good quality truffle oil) and finely grated black truffle,’probably the frozen Chinese summer truffle variety. The beef rib was solid although would have preferred the onion jam to be on the side rather than having the meat covered with it. Can’t comment on the price value as I didn’t pay on this occasion.
Good place for a night out with friends.

1  Thank DT8888

Dear DT8888

Thank you for visiting us at Mercato by Jean-Georges and for sharing your wonderful review with us. We’re pleased that you loved our ambience.

The team and I are looking forward to have you back at the restaurant really soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I only frequent a very small number of restaurants in HK of which Mercato is one of them; I visit at least once a week if not more as it possesses the magical properties of consistently delicious food PLUS great service. The lunch set menu is a steal considering the quality of food it offers as well as the portion size which is the same as on the ala carte menu. The team, led by Romain, is second to none in HK and on par with that of fine dining restaurants in Europe. They are personal and attentive. Mercato is a gem in HK.

1  Thank Ladybug789

Dear Ladybug,

The team and I are looking forward to have you back at Mercato really soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went to Mercato a few days ago to celebrate my friend getting promoted at work and we had a amazing evening.
The food was over the top (I recommend their ricotta dish, sweet we had it for sharing as a starter but u can also have it at the of dinner), the GM, Romain I think? Made a great wine recommendation for good value aswell.
The most surprising is that I only informed the hostess that we were coming to celebrate my friend new job, however I didn't request anything special... Without asking anything they made a marzipan congratulation for your promotion on our dessert...This is service!!!
I will definitely go back again, food is great for value per money and one of the best service in hk!

1  Thank antoine386
romain b, General Manager at Mercato Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Antoine,

Thank you very much for visiting Mercato recently.
It was great to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience with us not only our food but also our service. I will ensure to share your amazing feedback with the whole team.
Our menu changes seasonally so please do make sure to revisit us again!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit of our beautiful city.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mercato HK is the best ever real Italian restaurant you want to smell and taste real Italian food. I know the chain since 2003, NYC, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.

1  Thank Giliblum
romain b, General Manager at Mercato Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Giliblum,

Thank you for visiting us at Mercato by Jean-Georges and for sharing your wonderful review with us. We’re pleased that you loved our ambience and found our dishes delicious.