“Excellent handmade suits fast, elegant, and definite bargains”
Review of Charms Tailors

Ranked #84 of 410 Shopping in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 15 April 2018

What a perfect place to have some custom suits and shirts made... an awesome experience as well. I went to the LORD's TAYLOR shop which I now see is one of their group of offices and production sites.

Was suggested by Concierge at Shangri-La Island Hotel and they were spot on. Not easy to find unless you know it is in Chuang's Tower but tell the Taxi driver that and it is easy to find. Call to make a fitting appointment which will take about an hour total to pick your fabric, lining buttons and whatever other details you want included.

I had a 10AM appointment and then came back at 5PM for the fitting adjustments and the 2 suits arrived at my home in AZ less than 2 weeks later! They were absolutely perfect fit, the same fabrics as my other Loro Piana but 1/3 the cost and actually fitting much better: like perfect fit?

No issues with language, quick credit card resolution and mailing. AND NOW... I can find a fabric and they can make me more articles simply by emailing them the details and paying online.

All reviews
"fitting"
in 4 reviews
"kowloon"

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I was visiting Hong Kong for work. A co-worker recommended Charms and recommended that we visit Peter and co. for custom tailoring. Peter and his staff exceeded all of my expectations.

They were professional, courteous, diligent, and incredibility detail-oriented. That visit was about 16 months ago. The suit that they made me still fits perfectly. I get compliments frequently on the suit - its fit, cut, and style.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Here is what my wife and I learned about tailors in HK. Basically there are three levels of tailors in HK. Level 1 is all about price, these tailors track you down on the street corners and push their wear. Price is very good but we have no idea of the quality and the material we saw in the store was limited. Mostly lower end fabrics.

Second level we found was larger store front stores. They have good packages and offer a really good level of service. Preset packages are big with this group and based on our conversations they are willing to try to make designer clothes but dont have the fabrics in stock like level 3. Not their sweet spot, but i am sure you can get a good outfit made at companies like Empire tailors.

The third level is very elite and have the ability to create designer suits with the actual designer fabrics as they have rights form the designers. They dont advertise and is by word of mouth. Most of the luxury chains(Conrad, JW Marriott, Mandidran Orinetal, etc) will recommend Charms. Price is more than the first two levels but still its a significant savings (50-60%) off the prices your would pay at Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms,etc. They made me some Zegna jackets, shirts and slacks in about 72 hours. Two fittings and every outfit was absolutely perfect. I Highly recommend these guys if you are looking for that designer name at a reasonable price. Good luck all...

1  Thank E1608QEaarong
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We first visited Charms Tailor in Hong Kong where my husband had shirts made. They did a wonderful job so when they visited New York we made an appointment and had more shirts and some pants made. Again we were very happy.
Next my husband needed a suit made. My husband is very hard to fit. Peter and his team spent almost an hour measuring my husband. The end result was a suit that fit him perfectly. We highly recommend Charms Tailor and will use them again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 November 2017

After scouring the internet and TripAdvisor for tailor recommendations, we asked our hotel and they said "Charms - but of course." You can have a bespoke suit made anywhere in HKG, but none like Charms. If you are looking for luxury designer fabrics like Zegna, Armani, Brioni, etc.- you must go to Charms. Not only do they have it all - they stock it all in their warehouse. This is a very important consideration, especially if you only have a few days. Other tailors can get the fabric, but it will take weeks to get them and then several days to make the suit. Charms has it all and can do it in 3-4 days. The service is impeccable and most important - they were not pushy. Although they have all the fabrics there, it is helpful if you look at stores prior to going to HKG because it can get overwhelming. The immense selection of fabrics can put you in overload. I highly recommend Charms. There are cheaper places in town, but none with the selection of the finest fabrics immediately available for your bespoke tailoring needs.

1  Thank jonichicago