“Meticulous and Professional”

Ranked #71 of 427 Shopping in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I was visiting Hong Kong for work. A co-worker recommended Charms and recommended that we visit Peter and co. for custom tailoring. Peter and his staff exceeded all of my expectations.

They were professional, courteous, diligent, and incredibility detail-oriented. That visit was about 16 months ago. The suit that they made me still fits perfectly. I get compliments frequently on the suit - its fit, cut, and style.

Highly recommended!

"suits"
in 3 reviews
"shop"

Reviewed 11 December 2017

Here is what my wife and I learned about tailors in HK. Basically there are three levels of tailors in HK. Level 1 is all about price, these tailors track you down on the street corners and push their wear. Price is very good but we have no idea of the quality and the material we saw in the store was limited. Mostly lower end fabrics.

Second level we found was larger store front stores. They have good packages and offer a really good level of service. Preset packages are big with this group and based on our conversations they are willing to try to make designer clothes but dont have the fabrics in stock like level 3. Not their sweet spot, but i am sure you can get a good outfit made at companies like Empire tailors.

The third level is very elite and have the ability to create designer suits with the actual designer fabrics as they have rights form the designers. They dont advertise and is by word of mouth. Most of the luxury chains(Conrad, JW Marriott, Mandidran Orinetal, etc) will recommend Charms. Price is more than the first two levels but still its a significant savings (50-60%) off the prices your would pay at Neiman Marcus, Nordstroms,etc. They made me some Zegna jackets, shirts and slacks in about 72 hours. Two fittings and every outfit was absolutely perfect. I Highly recommend these guys if you are looking for that designer name at a reasonable price. Good luck all...

1  Thank E1608QEaarong
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We first visited Charms Tailor in Hong Kong where my husband had shirts made. They did a wonderful job so when they visited New York we made an appointment and had more shirts and some pants made. Again we were very happy.
Next my husband needed a suit made. My husband is very hard to fit. Peter and his team spent almost an hour measuring my husband. The end result was a suit that fit him perfectly. We highly recommend Charms Tailor and will use them again.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

After scouring the internet and TripAdvisor for tailor recommendations, we asked our hotel and they said "Charms - but of course." You can have a bespoke suit made anywhere in HKG, but none like Charms. If you are looking for luxury designer fabrics like Zegna, Armani, Brioni, etc.- you must go to Charms. Not only do they have it all - they stock it all in their warehouse. This is a very important consideration, especially if you only have a few days. Other tailors can get the fabric, but it will take weeks to get them and then several days to make the suit. Charms has it all and can do it in 3-4 days. The service is impeccable and most important - they were not pushy. Although they have all the fabrics there, it is helpful if you look at stores prior to going to HKG because it can get overwhelming. The immense selection of fabrics can put you in overload. I highly recommend Charms. There are cheaper places in town, but none with the selection of the finest fabrics immediately available for your bespoke tailoring needs.

1  Thank jonichicago
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 October 2017

My wife and I spent a week in Hong Kong with our hotel located in Kowloon. I decided to take advantage of Hong Kong's outstanding reputation for bespoke tailoring during the visit. It was the first time that I had men's wear made to order and had it not been for an intervention from Julian, the Ritz Carlton Concierge, who convinced me to abandon my internet-driven research plan and go to Charms things could have turned out badly.

The tailors at Charms are master craftsman. I had a team of 3 or 4 of tailors to include Peter the owner, who worked with me and provided service, guidance and advice par-excellence: second to none. Yes, you can find a cheaper suit in Hong Kong no doubt. Frankly though, if that is your only goal: caveat emptor, buyer-beware. If you don't believe me then spend a little bit of time in Charms' discreet parlor and then do as I did and walk to some of the other better known and extremely crowded "brand" bespoke tailor shops. You will quickly realize as I do that there is no comparison. Peter the owner is so modest that he disputed my proclamation "Charms is the best" time and time again. He would only concede that it is one of the best in Hong Kong. But take it from me, a very satisfied customer: Charms is the best and you will not go wrong there. So swear I.

1  Thank Mark A