1,215 results
All reviews tiananmen square change rooms english language comfortable room channels closet minibar
Reviewed 1 April 2016 via mobile

I traveled to Beijing for spring holiday with my family. We chosen this hotel. The location of hotel was excellent, because it was beside the wangfujing street in downtown. The quality of hotel was good, but it had some problems. The staff's English was weak and the refrigerator had bad sound. In general the hotel was very good.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

I would say that it was the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. All i can say is to do a favor to yourself and never book a room in this place. It might have a good looking lobby or entrance but its rooms are too old, dirty, smelly, and they all really need to be renewed. I stayed in its 10th floor and although its room was big but i really did not like it and could not enjoy my stay in Beijing. You might be told that its location is really good, it is true, but there are other 5 star hotels near and next to this horrible hotel as well. Thus go for the real 5 star hotel not the fake one like this.!!!!:-/

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FaranF6
Reviewed 29 March 2016

Location is great, close to Tianamen Square, but avoid this hotel at all costs. The room was stifling, at around 30 degrees, it was so bad I could not sleep so asked to change the room the next night, the new room was just as bad and the only way I could sleep was to open the incredibly grimy window and let in Beijing's polluted air, The staff don't care. And there is no where to sit in the immense lobby. Maybe it was glorious 50 years ago but no care has been taken to keep the hotel up to date.

Room tip: There are no good rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 5 March 2016

This is one of the worse hotels that I have ever stayed. Stay away at all costs. It is said 5 star, but probably worse than some of motel that I have stayed years ago and seen on TV, not to mention no service at all. I have to change room 3 times: first room in a wind tunnel set up, so cold and loud. Since I really need some sleep after some long day, I asked to change a room. Here comes the second one, whole room looks terribly old and dirty carpet, however, I am tired and need to sleep. So I did not complain. After I started to unpack, I found out the safe is broken and TV not working. So I have to change the room again. Waited and waited ... no apology and moved to a similar horrible room. However, everything seems working, so I have stayed there. Again, no apology from anyone. Things did not go better from there: bed and pillows are so hard, TV signal terrible, they could not open the gym slightly earlier ... Do yourself a favor and do not stay there.

Room tip: Please do not choose this hotel
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank FrequentTravel123
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

This hotel is a classical em Beijing, but needs to have its rooms renewed. The entrance, lobby and restaurant are so beautiful, but the room are pretty old fashion. Furthermore, the air conditioning barely works. Besides, the staff almost can't speak english at all. It's a shame. Also, the restaurant closes at10PM and the only option to find food is outside the hotel. Good thing is the location, just 10 min walk from Tiananmen Square forbidden city, and close to a lot of restaurant and to a big mall.

Date of stay: January 2016