Review Highlights
Simply the BEST!

Daniel and his team at DK Grand Safaris made my lifelong dream to visit Kenya and see elephants a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
543sherryf
Durham, North Carolina
Amazing Experience

My wife and I went our honeymoon and used DK Grand Safaris. Our host, Daniel, was amazing. He was a... read more

Reviewed 26 June 2021
nickfF1611MS

Recommended experiences in and around Nairobi
from US$640.00
from US$52.00
from US$90.00
from US$25.00
More Info
All reviews his team karen blixen camp masai mara travel arrangements perfect trip hot air balloon tour agency bucket list great sense of humor including lions his knowledge amazing safari daniel accommodations sundowners africa animals
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2020

We went to Kenya to visit our daughter who had recently moved to Nairobi. A friend in San Diego suggested using Daniel to make all our travel arrangements. Since we had never met and were in different time zones I was concerned as to if I could communicate my hopes for this trip. We had a lot of back and forth in the planning.
He was always patient with me and so helpful. He had to be wondering who he was dealing with!! I don't think I am high maintenance but I wanted this trip to be special.

From the moment we walked out of the airport until two weeks later when they dropped us off at the airport it was a perfect trip. Every arrangement was done to perfection. The accommodations were lovely and the transportation from one site to another was flawless. He was always available. but never overbearing.

He had a few surprises...like a sunrise hot air balloon. I would have not signed up for that on my own but he knew it is an experience not to be missed. His knowledge of the various regions as well as the animals was fascinating.

When he couldn't be available to us he sent his assistant Lillian who was equally kind, helpful and knowledgeable. We arrived back in the US on Feb 29th and almost immediately we found ourselves in a world that seemed unfathomable and much more foreign than we found Kenya.

I thank my lucky stars that we were able to get this trip in when we did. I ache for the current difficult times people are experiencing, in this case the travel world. When we are ready to venture out again make DK Grand Safaris your first stop. You will be in good and caring hands.

Thank you Daniel and Lillian.
Chris T.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 17 March 2020

My wife and I are veteran award-winning travel writers and publishers of Wine Dine & Travel Magazine. We've been on hundreds of tours operated by companies large and small. You'll find reviews of many of those tours on TripAdvisor. We were fortunate to have a local California tour agency recommend DK Grand Safari tours for an affordable but quality high-end Safari.

Like all first time Africa travelers, we were super excited but also apprehensive about our first Safari. The apprehensive part evaporated at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi when we were met by an attractive smiling young lady with a sign with my name on it. We were taken care of from that time until we were escorted to the airport to leave Nairobi. Danial and his team made sure that we had memorable experiences, some totally unexpected, like a catered sundowner in the middle of the savannah and brunch on the Mara.

You can find our complete adventure in the magazine's next issue. But Daniel Kikemu and his outstanding team became family to us by the end of our amazing Safari highlighted by our Masai Mara adventure out of Karen Blixen Camp on the banks of the Mara River. They were professional, caring, knowledgable and all had a great sense of humor.

The experienced guides made sure we saw the big five several times including lions, cheetahs, and leopards. I don't think any other group at the camp saw as many rare animals as we did including an amazing experience with a mother Leopard and two cheetah brothers looking for lunch.

When we decided to go to Africa we figured we could check it off our bucket list -- but after the wonderful experience in the beautiful savannahs of the Mara with Daniel and his team, we put it right back on the list for another Safari as soon as we can arrange it. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

We had a party of 6 of us and from the first day of contact to the minute they dropped us back off at the airport the overall impression was a 10 out 10. Warm, caring and genuinely wonderful people. From the guide and driver to the team that assited pior to arriving DK Grand Safaris provided a fantastic experience. One of the best travel we have experienced in years!

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 24 November 2019

We couldn’t be happier that we chose DK. Everything went very smoothly and the guides were all extremely knowledgeable and humorous. The owner, Daniel, took the time to come to our hotel in Nairobi and sit down with us to explain everything about our trip. One of our stay overs was overbooked so Daniel upgraded us to another camp which was then usurped by some government officials so Daniel upgraded us further (check out the Melia Serengeti Lodge). His practice is to never downgrade.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 25 September 2019

Our guide, Daniel Kikemu and his team provided a flawless experience on my 12 day safari tour of Kenya. Every detail was taken care of for me and a group of 11 friends as we traveled from landing to leaving the Nairobi airport. All accommodations, service and food were excellent. I knew I would see animals, but the density of them was amazing due in part to our guides expertise at knowing where to find them. In addition to our morning and afternoons out on safari, Daniel and his team would go out of their way to talk with us, take us on nature walks, and provide what ever additional services and assistance they could. The country, the animals and it's people were all beautiful! Highlights for me included breathtaking Kenyan sunsets over the vast plains and mountains with animals all around, watching male elephants vie for dominance over their packs, watching 4 cheetahs stalk and then chase herds of wildebeest and zebra, and visiting a primitive Masai tribe's village and taking a tour of their mud and stick homes, their acacia limb outer walls and animal enclosures, not to mention the chief's son's narrative as he showed us around. All the Kenyan people I met impressed me as being very gentle and kind. My trip was a dream and the best vacation I've ever had!

Date of experience: June 2019