All reviews moi avenue indian food rooftop pool travel desk excellent wifi hotel is centrally located recommend this hotel national museum the central business district breakfast spread decent hotel breakfast and dinner duty manager booked this hotel kenya airways special thanks comfortable stay
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very nice people and accomodation according to price of the rooms. Very good breakfast. Well, Kenia has a problem with the electricity hours, so at night there isn t, so you can not work at this time. I recommend to use somtype of generator.

Room Tip: Very competitive price accoding to hte standar of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
MeridianNairobi, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Greetings !

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review over this forum , we are truly delighted that you have a wonderful stay with us !. Thank you for your words of encouragement, we do have a generator unfortunately one of the nights we had a total shutdown for 30 mins and i apologize for the same.

My sincere efforts will go in with my team to work to provide a high level of comfort to our guests.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Our room was clean and well equipped, so no problems there. The shower was a little bit slow to drain, but it was workable.
The rooftop pool area with bar was a lovely environment, sadly spoilt by overloud music. Furthermore, the music often contained the f-word and the c-word. I can only hope that the bar staff didn't understand the lyrics sufficiently. I truly hope that such music would not be played with children present.
The food was good and the service was excellent at all times.
The reception was also excellent and efficient.
I would definitely stay there again, but would hope to see significant improvements in the rooftop music.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
MeridianNairobi, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Greetings !

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review over this forum , we are truly delighted that you have a wonderful stay with us !. Thank you for your words of encouragement, i will look into the music played at the Poolside restaurant & Bar and as mentioned by you we cannot have vulgar music played when kids are around.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This hotel is located at city center, CBD, National Museum, National Archives as well as universities are all very easy to reach by foot. There is also the KCB bank nearby if u need to withdraw cash using credit card. Hotel is also quite safe with entrance check all the time.
Room is clean and cozy, I stayed there four nights. Everyday they provided two bottles of water for free (100ml each), such that i don't need to worry about water if i forgot to buy some during the day. In Kenya you have to buy/drink bottle water for sanitation reasons.
Hotel personal are very friendly and always ready to help. One morning i needed to go out very early for safari, one person at the reception still allowed me to have breakfast before we started the journey, even though the official breakfast time has not started yet..
Restaurant is situated at ground floor, they have very good local coffee, tea and local east-african food like Ugali, Chapati, beans. I would strongly recommend them. Maybe try enjoying them with hand. :-)
On ground floor there is also a company called 'Kenya Bush expeditions' providing safari and city tour as well as airport shuttle service, quite convenient, stuff are very friendly as well.

Maybe a few weak points:
first, there was no toilet brush in the bathroom during my stay.. In another hotel where i stayed in Mombasa before arrived in Nairobi has also no toilet brush, so maybe it is generally the case in Kenya that hotels do not provide it for customers..But I don't think this cost a lot, they should provide this for each room.
Second, there is one fountain at 1. floor, it runs all day and night long. The problem is at night it is loud and quite noisy indeed. Sometimes you wonder whether it is the your bathroom that has the problem or sth else. I suggested them to turn it off at night, hope this will not be an issue anymore..
Third, the entrance door is open during day and night (if i remembered well), so at breakfast and dinner it is indeed quite cool because the restaurant is located just near entrance, sometimes i felt uncomfortable when having meal there, So maybe it would be better to close the door early in the morning and at night, given the fact that in Nairobi because of its altitude in the morning and night it is very fresh at summer.

Another point about this hotel, in this hotel most things are priced as dollar. That means if u order a cup of coffee or tea or taxi, all are charged in dollar (all western standard). But outside the hotel u feel like that u are back in Kenya with local cheap prices. I don't know it is good or not, it just feels so big difference, life between those people from western and local people. Of course in Nairobi most things are more expensive than anywhere else in Kenya..

Room Tip: 1. floor is indeed good for me, easy to go out and to the restaurant and there is one fountain for relaxing.

Greetings !

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review over this forum , we are truly delighted that you have a wonderful stay with us !. Thank you for your words of encouragement, thank you so much for the feedback i will surely look into the same.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Stayed her for one weekend and really enjoyed it. The location of the hotel is really nice, with walking distance to everything in the city center. The staff were very helpful, always making sure you had everything you need. The hotel has a rooftop pool, which was really nice, with a bar and selection of snacks. They also have a gym free of charge. All in all a good stay, with a good atmosphere.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
MeridianNairobi, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is well located and a great place to stay. I stayed at this hotel with my team on our visit to speak at a conference and it was absolutely a pleasure staying at this property. Rooms are clean.

Their Night manager namely, Mr Narender is a remarkable staff who went above to ensure our stay was pleasant.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
MeridianNairobi, General Manager at Best Western Plus Meridian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018