“King Ramses”
Review of On The Go Tours

On The Go Tours
Ranked #43 of 294 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: From grand palaces to historic temples, hot desert plains to snowy mountain peaks, cosmopolitan high rise to safaris at sunrise; we bring you the finest sights and adventures the world has to offer. Immerse yourself in a truly authentic local experience on one of our popular guided group tours which are a great choice for single travellers too, make a date with some of the world's most colourful festivals, take an unforgettable family adventure, tailor make that dream holiday or delve into the pulse of the world's most exciting cities on our wide range of day trips.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Egypt was simply amazing, greater than I ever imagined.

As a solo female traveller in my 20’s my family and friends were worried for my safety travelling to a Middle Eastern country on my own. I soon realised on arrival that how the media portrays Egypt is not how it is at all!

From the start I felt safe, I never once questioned my safety and the trip was well organised. My tour leader Katonga was very friendly went out of his way to make sure we got well settled into Egypt.

King Ramses with On the go was the perfect tour to be able to see all the main sites in Egypt in the comfort of great 5 star hotels and then be able to enjoy some relaxation by the Red Sea at the end. I did all the optional extras- I recommend them all even the 3am wake up for Abu Simbal which was by far my favourite thing to see!

Questioning felucca or cruiser? I recommend the felucca, I nearly upgraded but glad I didn’t! It is an amazing authentic experience and I found you got to know your new family really well on it. The sleep area was comfy with plenty of room, the support boat had great facilities and the crew were lovely!

Our awesome tour guide Momo is a big reason as to why this tour was soo great!
His knowledge is incredible, he never had a problem answering any questions or entertaining and engaging the group with his exceptional story telling that made history come to life!

Momo wasn’t just your ordinary tour guide though, he went out of his way to make sure everyone was having fun and enjoying themselves and after officially clocking off for the day he was always up for socialising with the group, showing us Egypt in another light taking us out to various different places we may not have ventured on our own to experience the culture even more!

A big thank you to Katonga, Momo and other on the go crew along the way for making my trip safe, enjoyable and memorable, even once the tour had officially finished and I had a few more days in Cairo! You guys go above and beyond for your clients and your love, passion and respect for your country is amazing!!

If it’s on your bucket list don’t question it, just book it! I’ll be back

Hollie Y, Marketing at On The Go Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your review.

It's great to hear you felt safe and secure while visiting Egypt and I hope your experience and words encourage more travellers to make their dream come true and visit the land of the pharaohs. We're so proud of our local guides and support team, and it's always good to hear such great feedback from our travellers who get to experience a holiday with them.

We're pleased you had such a great time in Egypt and we look forward to welcoming you on tour with us again in the future!

Hollie @ On The Go Tours

in 22 reviews
"balloon ride"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just came back from the 6 day Pharaoh's Adventures tour in Egypt.
We had really great time. Everyone from the On the go, were nice and helpful. Organisation-wise was great!

Places we visited were spot on and the guides were just amazing!
Highly recommend to visit the tomb of Nefertari, which is not in the itinerary, but you can bolt it on! There are no words to explain the beauty and the details within.

I would definitely use On the Go tours for different holidays!

Hi Krasina,

Thank you for your review.

We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your trip to Egypt with us and found the itinerary well organised.

As a returning customer you get a 5% loyalty discount on your next tour so we look forward to seeing you on tour with us again in the future!

Hollie @ On The Go Tours

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just came back from our King Tut tour with On the Go, and it was a great 9 days! They pick you up BEFORE immigration, and don't leave your side until you're back at the airport at security on the way back. Wake up calls are included, and they even ride with you in the taxi from the airport and to the airport to make sure you don't miss your flight - talk about service! We opted for the Nile Cruise upgrade which we would highly recommend as it was a more reasonable pace for those that want to see the sights and relax at the same time. Alam our tour guide was great with starting our activities early in the morning to avoid the strongest heat of the day, back to the cruise for a swim in the pool on the top deck and a snooze before going out in the evening again to view the temples followed by dinner. The sleeper cabin was probably the worst bit - but it's the national railway line so that's out of the tour group's control. I did feedback that once was enough and perhaps next time we could fly into Aswan instead :) For those that want more of the adventure part of the tour then the felluca ride would be fun (esp when coupled with a sandstorm!). The hotels are a bit of a mix: the first one was not that great (they've decided they won't use that hotel anymore), but from the cruise ship onwards it was great - esp the one in Luxor (the Sonesta St George). Alam looked after us really well: there was no question we couldn't ask, and he sought to accommodate us even when we had trouble bargaining at shops he would step in if we asked!

Christine F, Customer Care at On The Go Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time spent in Egypt on our King Tutankhamun tour. We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your trip and will be sure to pass on your kind words to Alam. If you'd like to help him win in our coveted Tour Guide of the Year Awards then all you have to do is fill out the feedback form on our website and mention his name. We hope to see you on tour again soon, and please don't forget that as a return traveller you can save 5% on your next group tour booking.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It took 30 years to accomplish a dream and finally get myself to Egypt.
Though ‘warned’ that it might not be safe, I spent 2 weeks traveling Egypt with ‘on the go’ and our awesome tour leader “Momo” and some extra days after enjoying Cairo and her sights, culture and people. Every day has been amazing and I’ve never felt that there was anything to be worried about.
I would encourage anyone to come here and enjoy this beautiful land along with her diverse cultural history and warm welcoming people. Inshallah, if you choose ‘on the go’, I hope you are fortunate enough to tour with “Momo”.... Shokran my brother, you made my dream a reality.

Hi Neil,

We're so happy to hear that you finally made it to Egypt! And we're even more pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable time discovering its culture, history and incredibly warm people. Please do continue to share the word amongst your family and friends that Egypt is safe and that now is the time to go! We hope to see you on tour in one of our many other destinations soon, and remember that as a return traveller you can save 5% on your next group tour booking.

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I can only hope this review does my experience of the King Ramses tour justice. I had an absolutely amazing time and was so impressed by the On The Go Tours Egyptian team. Most importantly I felt completely safe, especially as a female traveling alone.

Alam was a fantastic guide and did an excellent job of making sure everyone had what they needed, explaining Egyptian history and culture, and making our group feel like a family. The King Ramses tour allowed me to see everything I always imagined seeing in Egypt - temples, tombs, monuments - plus so much more.

The country is gorgeous and I am so grateful I was able to see so much of it. We ate well everywhere we went with plenty of options and had very comfortable accommodations. Some things may not have been on par with American standards, but they were very few and things to be expected.

From seeing the Pyramids of Giza, Abu Simbel, sailing the Nile on a felucca, visiting tombs at the Valley of the Kings, relaxing in beautiful Hurghada, seeing the royal mummies - I cannot choose a single highlight. Thanks to Alam and On The Go Tours for an unforgettable experience.

Don't hesitate to book this tour!

1  Thank MegL811

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed discovering the ancient wonders of Egypt with us on our King Ramses group tour. We pride ourselves on the passion and expert knowledge of our local guides, so we're pleased that you were able to experience this for yourself with Alam. If you'd like to help him win in our next Tour Guide of the Year Awards then all you need to do is leave feedback on our website and mention his name. We hope to see you on tour again soon, and please don't forget that as a return traveller you can save 5% on your next group tour booking with us.