JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul
US$94
US$94
US$66
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong(Seoul)
US$133
US$129
US$82
US$65
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$73/night.

US$121
US$45
US$209
US$176
1,051 results
All reviewseast gatethe executive loungegriffin barsky view roomskyview roombltddpthe general managerthe entire staffplatinum membernespresso machineconcierge staffspecial thanksindoor poolwonderful hotelsubway stationgwangjang market
Reviewed 27 July 2017

visited there with my friend to take a rest.
room condition was good and so comfortable. and breakfast buffet was nice especially korean food corner. there was galbi(?) bulgogi, kimchi stew and so on and also all staff were kind to us.
If anybody will go seoul or visit dongdaemoon area, you must stay here!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
jwmarriottdongdaemun, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear 400mindy,

Thank you so much for your great review. You are correct we do have Galbi. Galbi (갈비), galbi-gui (갈비구이), or grilled ribs is a type of gui (grilled dish) in Korean cuisine. "Galbi" is the Korean word for "rib", and the dish is usually made with beef short ribs. And it is delicious!!!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Travel Well

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

A well situated hotel with the shopping district right at the doorstep. Our kids loved the toy warehouse street and got a lot of knick knacks there. It was just a 5 min walk away.

We arrived late but no one was there to greet us until we reached the reception area. It would have been more apt for a renowned hotel to place someone there at the door in my opinion but that wasn't such a major deal.

Check in was fast and the reception people were really friendly. Michael, Jun and Max were all so willing to help out. Thank you so much. Suggestions on eating places were standard but they were good.

Room was decently big and clean. We were very happy with our stay at JW Marriott Dongdaemon.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
jwmarriottdongdaemun, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Dear Laura L,

Thank you so much for the very public praise for our amazing associates. Michael, Jun and Max are certainly worth recognizing and many guests experience the same level of outstanding service from these associates as you did. It really means a lot for the team to read that you recognized the effort and excellence they put into their jobs everyday. Thank you again.

I look forward to seeing you back in Seoul very soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 July 2017

we booked this hotel through expedia.com. We had a recommendation from a fellow employee, who said it was right next door to the best shopping. Very true. wonderful shopping and easy to take the train from the airport to this hotel. you can take bus or taxi, bus costs about same as the train, taxi is more expensive. The service was excellent, although every employee we encountered was awesome we want to make a special mention for Michael yang. He anticipated all of our needs, was very respectful and very helpful. I don't think I have ever had an employee go above and beyond at any stay I have ever had. Although we got a great rate on the room the restaurants in the hotel were very expensive. but that was the only downfall. I recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Seoul Korea and loves to shop!

Room Tip: all views are good. very quiet rooms. very large rooms
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
jwmarriottdongdaemun, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear _louckdk,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and particularly for highlighting the outstanding service of Michael. He is an amazing associate and does a great job. It is so nice to see him so publically recognized and I will be sure to congratulate him. I look forward to seeing you again soon in Seoul.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

+The room was very nice, good big double beds, good sheet good towel, love the L'Occitanes amenities, and there were 2 type of hairdryrs which for us were surprisingly very happy for the straightening one (me n my daughter). THe housekeeping did very fast cleaning the room, clean n bright. THe breakfast also very nice and the varieties are good.

+The staffs were very friendly and helpful.

-But for the location was not as i expected. No good restaurant nearby the hotel, only shake shack. Many local market whole sale nearby which were not actually what we came here for.

-No airport shuttle bus stopped at the hotel

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
jwmarriottdongdaemun, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear ssari,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel. I appreciate your response. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the room amenities we prepared; especially straightener. That is the unique item for female customers. However, I am sorry to hear that the location was not convenience for your stay. Please reach out to me when you are planning and I would be happy to prepare the list of restaurants nearby the hotel for your family. I look forward to seeing you when you return to Seoul.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is a fantastic property with a wonderful location in Seoul...very convenient for getting around and exploring Seoul and for conducting business. I had an excellent stay all around but what sets this property apart is the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. Amazing attention to detail and customer service makes a jewell in the JW crown. From Joe who greeted me upon my arrival to Annie in the Club Lounge...all the team members I interacted with exuded a professionalism and friendliness that is a breath of fresh air in today's chaotic and sometimes unfriendly world. As a road warrior, (MC Plat), and business owner, I can tell this is a very well-run property with a committed focus on overall team engagement. Thanks for a great experience and I look forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Get an Executive Sky View room...it was a great space to unwind. And the club lounge staff & food was exceptional!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
jwmarriottdongdaemun, General Manager at JW Marriott Dongdaemun Square Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear PaulNLarsen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am equally proud of your comments on the wonderful team of young hoteliers who I work with....they are simply stars. The team here loves taking care of our guests and I love working with them to bring memorable customer experiences to life. I look forward to seeing you again soon.