“Tex-Mex Korean Style”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups
Neighborhood: Gwanghwamun / Jongno
Description: If you are looking for great mexican food, come to Dos Tacos Jong-Ro. We have various burritos, tacos, and quesadillas. Also margaritas and good mexican beer.
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

Had to get our texmex fill in and were lucky to stumble across Dos Tacos in a busy area with a ton of places to choose from.

We loved the chimichunga. Of course we had to get Dos Tacos and rounded it out with nachos. Nachos were cheese sauce and chili. Lots of other toppings but not what we expected.

Yes they have draft beer and Mexican beer in the bottle. Reasonable priced as well for Seoul.

Reviewed 29 April 2016 via mobile

Was not expecting such good Tex mex in Korea. Within Asia It's the closest I've eaten to the kind of Mexican you get in California. And the have Mexican beers!!

Reviewed 7 January 2016 via mobile

I can recommend it highly, best Mexican on Seoul. Prices around 11k for a bonito and 4k for tequila. Really good atmosphere. Go there and enjoy.

Reviewed 11 May 2015

We loved the food in this restaurant mainly because they had at least two or three vegetarian options! Service was fast and friendly. We would definitely recommend this restaurant. It is tucked away in a little alley, so look carefully, otherwise you'll be walking past it before you'll know it.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Visited this restaurant on the basis of the reviews on tripadvisor. Arrived at 8.31 in pouring rain, tired with two young children who were starving and was told that they had stopped serving ... at 8.30. Perhaps this is just me but I would have offered to cook us up something quickly. But decided to go again the following day earlier.

Arrived at 7pm. Two babies - one 2 years old and one 6 months old. Told us there were no seats downstairs and we had to go upstairs, then two members of staff watched as we struggled up the stairs with buggy and said children. Once upstairs chose food and called guy over to order. He arrived without a notepad and went through what I thought was a straightforward order - two set meals with soft drinks and the fries he said came with it, a beer, plate of nachos with salsa and an apple juice. As he left I said to my wife he is either really good and one of those waiters who does not need a pad or is incompetent. Then he brought over three fizzy drinks. I told him we did not order the third sprite but again that we wanted a beer and an apple juice. He then brought over a beer. About 5 minutes went past and my little boy still hadn't received apple juice, I reminded him and he said he had forgotten and brought one over. Then food arrived. This amounted to one set meal with nachos, nachos with salsa and a plate of plain nachos. Fortunately when the waiter dropped it off (a different waiter) he already looked confused as though why would someone want a dish of plain nachos for their main meal. Anyhow 10 minutes later, after I had finished my main meal, my wife's was delivered. When finished we went back down the stairs again to be watched by waiters who offered no help. Then found the bill was wrong.

There were some good points - food was generally good and the ambiance of place was nice. But this really was the worst service I have received for a long time and ruined what could have been a good meal. I really like Mexican and we are likely to give this place another shot on the hope it was a one off. But this really was a terrible experience.

5  Thank GeoffandClare1