Hi Guesthouse
US$90
US$245
US$211
Agoda.com
Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong(Seoul)
US$152
Metro Hotel(Seoul)
US$104
US$98
  • Fitness center
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I had a memorable stay at Hi guesthouse for 8 nights. I would say the owner, Tae Hwan, is really friendly and nice guy. He is really helpful in everything i need. Tae Hwan also organised dinner together with the rest of the guests so we can make new friends. I was lucky to make many new friends there. The stuffs Clement and Su Yang are friendly too.whenever i have questions, they always tried their best to help and we have already become friends. Breakfast is provided and timing is flexible, you can even cook your own food. I would say my stay in Hi guesthouse was very comfortable and will stay there again when i visit Seoul next time.

Room Tip: dormitory rooms are at the same level as the kitchen
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my husband, daughter and my sister. It was a great stay there! The staff were friendly (the french guy) and Tae Hwan was really kind when he didnt charge for my 4year old daughter! He gave us the 4 bedded room (2 bunk beds). It was just right at the kitchen but not noisy at all. The room and facilities is always clean. They provide filtered water, bread, jam and eggs. It was also near to Mangwon station and grocery stores (where i bought my express rice and some veges. Yes i cook!). I love it there and it sooo convenient! Definitely will come back!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I researched the type of place I wanted and read reviews on here before booking a week at Hi Guesthouse. I liked that it is a small, 'residential' type of Hostel. Even when other guests are there though, it can seem like you are in your own private world. At one point, I thought I must be the only one there, until I ran into other guests one evening. They were also shocked as they had thought the same thing! LOL. We were on different levels and just had never run into each other.
Tae Wan and Clement are both very kind and willing to help you if you need anything. They really care about their guests but try to stay out of the way and give you your rest and privacy. At the same time, if you are lucky, you will be there when they go out for BBQ or have one on the rooftop. It is a lot of fun to do that with them and the other guests. The place is very clean and modern in decor, yet it feels comfortable to be there if you are lounging during the day or staying in one evening. It is so nice to sit out on the terrace in the early morning or evening.
I stayed on the top floor and although I am 45 and sometimes worried Taw Wan ( bless his heart) going up and down the stairs, I liked staying up there very much. I enjoyed the tranquility of the place, and feeling as though I was 'coming home' each night after I explored Seoul.
I originally thought I would change to a different area and hostel after my first week, but it was so perfect at Hi Guesthouse that I ended up extending 5 days for the remainder of my trip. It is the only place I would want to stay if I return.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Cyndi L
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Second time i come in hi guest house, second time I'm fully satisfied. Everything is done in a good mood and Tae Wan (owner) is always welcoming and funny. Perfect location and good price. Many nationalities, many exchanges. To do. PFC

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Djedjeben
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights and glad I did! Very convenient location - close to Hongdae and near the metro. Nearby convenient stores and cafes to buy snacks and grab a coffee. The owner Tae Hwan was extremely helpful and assisted us in booking seats for the Nanta show (highly recommended too for laughs :)). The room was clean but you could hear people as they come into the house - depends on who your roomies next door are like. Wasn't an issue for me and my friends since we're deep sleepers anyways. Aside from that, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends