“Great informational tour-DMZ/JSA3rd Tunnrl”
Review of Koridoor Tours

Koridoor Tours
Ranked #27 of 124 Tours in Seoul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Korean Culture and Lifestyle with ‘KoriDoor’. We wish to create a Korean adventure as a first-time open gate for those people who want to know about the real Korea. We are ready to invite those coming to Korea an opportunity for great fun, total excitement, and many fascinating things to learn. We provide foreigners from the all of the world a chance to meet and make friends and share their life experience in Korea. There are many Korean friends who want to exchange their cultural knowledge with people from other countries. Are you ready to join us? There are many places waiting for you such as the DMZ, Jeju island, and other unknown, mysterious and beautiful locations. We will also organize many activity trips such as rafting, paintball, bungee jumping, cycling, skiing, traditional paper-making and more. We hope to offer you a stunning tour, and to make your experience in Korea a satisfying one with ‘KoriDoor.’ All you need to do is pay the fee, turn up for the bus, and everything else is taken care of for you.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed the 1/2 day tour with Lena from Koridoor. There were several no shows so it ended up being a private tour for my sister and I. She was full of information and I learned a ton! It was convenient to go from the USO and allowed us to visit the civilian restricted zone. I would highly recommend this tour.

All reviews
"jsa area"
"military escort"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Had a great DMZ experience with Koridoor tour! Our guide was great and gave a lot of background to each stop and the history behind. If you’re one who loves to take pictures it might be a bit too short time between to walk around, however I didn’t mind and got some great pictures. Would have loved to take part of the JSA too but unfortunately this was closed to the public when I was in South Korea.

At first I found it odd to pay over email but had no issues and upon registering at Camp Kim USO they had on record that I paid via email and gave a receipt. It was super easy to find the camp from the tube station too!

I recommend going through Koridoor for this tour, would definitely do it again but with the JSA.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

I booked the DMZ and JSA on the internet one month before my trip in Korea for my mother and I. I double checked the night before the departure time of the day tour. I made a mistake and showed up on the wrong time. It was written 10:30am on the website but 7:30am on the email booking (which was not really clear to me, even though I traveled all around the world and booked many kind day tour so far...). I know it is my responsibility for missing the departure. However, it is also the company’s responsibility to make it clear for their customers. At the office, 2 women were not really talkative with us, they were working on their computer at the same time, it is like they did not really care about us.
As it was not possible to get a refund due to their policy, the woman rescheduled the trip only for myself 2 days later (on the half day tour instead of the full day tour they offer). I said yes, I did not want to lose all the money.
The second chance, I showed up in advance. The group was only 7 people in a bus of 50 seats. On the day list, I’ve seen more names but I guess they didn’t make it to the departure on time, I don’t know. We left Seoul on time and visited the first stop Unification bridge. Due to Pyeongchang Olympics closing ceremony that day, the border was crowded of media and opposants because of North Korean Officials coming to South Korea (heading to the Olympics). It did not allow us to visit the 3rd tunnel. I think the company could have anticipated the event... The guide decided to skip it, which is unfair. Therefore we made it to Dora Observatory, we spent plenty of time there because the guide did not really know what to do with us; that was long. Also, we were on a Sunday tour, the restaurant was not open on Sunday so we skipped it as well. On the itinerary, it was written more stops but I did not see them (only Unification Bridge and Dora observatory). We were supposed to arrive in Seoul around 2pm according to the itinerary, but we left the DMZ at 11:30pm and arrived in Seoul at 12:20pm. The price is very expensive for what the company actually offers. By the way, the staff is not really friendly. I did several day tour from Seoul (and in the world before) with different companies and this one was definitely the worst. I would not recommand it at all costs. It is a waste of time and money as well, use your time to visit interesting places with interesting guides (and choose an other company if you want to visit the DMZ). I was happy to be back in Seoul to forget this miserable half day tour.

1  Thank Hélène G
Reviewed February 11, 2018

Dana and Sophie were really very good guides. They are very friendly and I would highly recommend this tour to my friends. The DMZ and JSA tour isn't cheap, but it was all worth it cos I learned so much about Korea. Thank you Koridoor Tours!

2  Thank Emmz M
See more reviews
Reviewed February 6, 2018

I did the DMZ/JSA tour with Koridoor and while it was in many ways a deeply weird experience, this was entirely owing to the strained atmosphere and deathly quiet of the DMZ which is broken mainly by propaganda broadcasts from both sides of the border.

Email communication with Koridoor was good although when I emailed to tell them I'd paid (by bank transfer) and giving the reference I'd used they emailed back asking for a receipt of this - however they soon confirmed my payment. Instructions for getting to Camp Kim were clear and easy to follow.

Our guide was Vincent, whose English was excellent and who kept us informed and moving throughout the day. At the JSA a US military policeman took over as escort and guide; he was also informative but spoke very quickly and quite quietly. I suspect non-native English speakers would have struggled to understand much of what he said. The rules for when you can take photos etc. at the JSA are strict and strictly enforced and there's a very tense air about the place.

An extra 1,000 won were needed to get onto the platform at the Dorasan station (worth it) and you need 500 won coins to use the binoculars at the observatory (there is a lady giving change). Lunch at the cafeteria-style restaurant near the station was pretty good - we were a small group so all had to have bulgogi for 10,000 won; normally there's bibimbap too which is a little cheaper. Some people brought a packed lunch and ate it in the same restaurant.

There is a bit of free time to wander at every stop - slightly too much perhaps but that's the nature of tours.

We were back in Seoul shortly after 3pm.

1  Thank Joanne H