Open today: 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Must to do

Starting from the begining the reservation it was very easy and Jenny at the office was very... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
divine21
via mobile
Half day DMZ tour

We were scheduled for the JSA full day but it got cancelled, so we opted for the half day, 8am-2pm... read more

Reviewed 14 October 2018
5ExpatsInAsia
Minneapolis

All reviews dorasan station dmz jsa tour camp kim dora observatory infiltration tunnel north korea joint security area tunnel tour military personnel camp bonifas hard hats berlin wall military escort freedom park credit card number shredded cabbage non native english speakers
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Dana and Sophie were really very good guides. They are very friendly and I would highly recommend this tour to my friends. The DMZ and JSA tour isn't cheap, but it was all worth it cos I learned so much about Korea. Thank you Koridoor Tours!

2  Thank EmmzM2
Reviewed 6 February 2018

I did the DMZ/JSA tour with Koridoor and while it was in many ways a deeply weird experience, this was entirely owing to the strained atmosphere and deathly quiet of the DMZ which is broken mainly by propaganda broadcasts from both sides of the border.

Email communication with Koridoor was good although when I emailed to tell them I'd paid (by bank transfer) and giving the reference I'd used they emailed back asking for a receipt of this - however they soon confirmed my payment. Instructions for getting to Camp Kim were clear and easy to follow.

Our guide was Vincent, whose English was excellent and who kept us informed and moving throughout the day. At the JSA a US military policeman took over as escort and guide; he was also informative but spoke very quickly and quite quietly. I suspect non-native English speakers would have struggled to understand much of what he said. The rules for when you can take photos etc. at the JSA are strict and strictly enforced and there's a very tense air about the place.

An extra 1,000 won were needed to get onto the platform at the Dorasan station (worth it) and you need 500 won coins to use the binoculars at the observatory (there is a lady giving change). Lunch at the cafeteria-style restaurant near the station was pretty good - we were a small group so all had to have bulgogi for 10,000 won; normally there's bibimbap too which is a little cheaper. Some people brought a packed lunch and ate it in the same restaurant.

There is a bit of free time to wander at every stop - slightly too much perhaps but that's the nature of tours.

We were back in Seoul shortly after 3pm.

1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

Not many tour arrange for the JSA visit. We were lucky enough to join the tour.

Despite your tour guide injured her hand, she was very professional and explain all things in detail with us.

The reception was extremely helpful and they response to email was very efficient.

Will definitely join them with other tour again.

1  Thank AlywinY
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I first did this tour of the DMZ and JSA in 2010, and for a second time in January 2018.

In 2010 the tour was reasonably casual at the Joint Security Area--visitors were free to wander a bit and take photos of basically anything. Then the bus stopped right outside the meeting buildings. We could look around for 30 or more minutes.

In 2018 the US solider leading the tour was very strict. The bus stopped behind the main South Korean building. Tour visitors had to form two lines, no photography unless permitted, etc. We were led out of the main building and had to stand in two lines on the steps. We were only permitted during a short period of time to take photos but all backgrounds on photos must be of the North. Photos with anything South related in the background were not permitted. We were very briefly led in two lines into the Military Armistice Commission (MAC) Building (those blue buildings you see in media which straddle the border). Again very tense with restrictions on photos, direction they must be taken etc.

The visit to the JSA was over in about 15 minutes and very little of it could be seen. Now there is no visit to the site of the 1976 Axe Murder of the Bridge of No Return. Having done the tour before I know those sites were right by where we were allowed to go. I guess if you have never done the tour before you would be none-the-wiser.

Overall, this will always be a unique and interesting tour, but I guess due to security circumstances outside of the control of the tour, it has become very brief, strict, and limited.

4  Thank Cole C
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We had Dana as our tour guide and I prebooked about a month prior to the tour.

I see many reviewers posting concerns regarding the credit card but I would like to dispell this myth - I agree sending the credit card number over email is not acceptable, but on properly reading the confirmation email, it is clearly written you can SWIFT the money through your bank via international transfer, which any reputable bank can do, and this is how I paid. After sending my SWIFT confirmation I promptly received a booking confirmation from Koridoor. It is incorrect to say that the company forces you to email them your credit card number, and if you did so, it was entirely your choice after not reading the confirmation email properly.

The tour is well organised and what I really appreciated was Dana being very honest with us, including pre warning us we would see South Korean Propaganda at the 3rd Tunnel, and telling us we can easily get filtered water at the cafeteria so no need to buy the bottled water. Dana also made sure she repeated herself in the 3rd tunnel so people at the back wouldn't miss out once they moved to the front.

The observation point was fascinating and at every moment Dana updated us with how many minutes until the next stop.

The US guides at the JSA were good, but no DPRK KPA soldiers were on duty when we went, luck of the draw.

I could find no fault with the tour, it was an efficiently run operation. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Beachednarwhal