“Unique Experience”

Koridoor Tours
Ranked #27 of 124 Tours in Seoul
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Korean Culture and Lifestyle with ‘KoriDoor’. We wish to create a Korean adventure as a first-time open gate for those people who want to know about the real Korea. We are ready to invite those coming to Korea an opportunity for great fun, total excitement, and many fascinating things to learn. We provide foreigners from the all of the world a chance to meet and make friends and share their life experience in Korea. There are many Korean friends who want to exchange their cultural knowledge with people from other countries. Are you ready to join us? There are many places waiting for you such as the DMZ, Jeju island, and other unknown, mysterious and beautiful locations. We will also organize many activity trips such as rafting, paintball, bungee jumping, cycling, skiing, traditional paper-making and more. We hope to offer you a stunning tour, and to make your experience in Korea a satisfying one with ‘KoriDoor.’ All you need to do is pay the fee, turn up for the bus, and everything else is taken care of for you.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed December 24, 2017

Visiting the JSA is truly a must when visiting South Korea. I took the tour of the DMZ, JSA, and the 3rd Tunnel with Koridoor. Koridoor is one of only a few companies that has tours to the JSA.

My Koridoor tour guide was Vincent, who also was the individual I corresponded with before my tour in October. Vincent was an interesting tour guide who provided many stories about North and South Korea. Vincent also spoke good English, which was easy to understand on the loud speaker of the bus.

The highlight of the tour was the JSA. Now unfortunately the military escort who was our tour guide of the JSA was extremely poor. He provided next to no information. A few people on the bus who had previously taken the tour also noted they felt the JSA tour guide was poor. This is just the luck of the draw and does not reflect on the Koridoor tour guide. Even though the US Military escort was poor, the JSA is absolutely fascinating. Being able to technically "step" into North Korea is incredible.

Now I do agree with other reviews about concerns over payment. The only way to reserve the tour was by paying for it in the most outdated way. I ended up having to provide my credit card information via email, which is just not secure. In this day and age, especially in South Korea, please use a secure system of payment (Paypal would be better than nothing!).

Another comment was the amount of people on the tour. The tour was crammed with not a seat to spare on the bus. Koridoor could easily have 4 to 6 less people on the tour, which would make the bus experience just a little better.

1  Thank Lindsay A
"jsa area"
"military escort"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2017

We booked the tour online and paid via email. As per other reviewers' comments, I did feel a bit surprised when they asked for payments via email (where I had to quote my credit card number and details).

Despite, that the office and Camp Kim was easy enough to find Seoul and its next to several metro stations. They provide a handy map to locate them.

The guide had great stories and information and probably a few years of experience. The content was sufficient and the logistics was flawless. There will always be a few stragglers getting back to the bus later than the group. Despite that, the tour delivered although it was not a perfect execution. No shopping on this tour, but we did drive by the annual ginseng festival. Bus was comfortable and sufficient.

My review of the places that we visited on the tour will be on their individual attractions' page here on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

We did the JSA/DMZ tour. This is a truly unique experience and a great tour to take. I would however suggest looking at other operators to take this tour with.

Firstly the famed antiquated payment method doesn't seem legit. Its by no means secure considering they ask for card details over the phone or email. This is South Korea... the home of high tech! Surely there is a better option here!?

Secondly our guide (I think she was called Lena) had terrible English that was so difficult to understand. I can only compare it to Dory (off of Finding Nemo) trying to speak whale. I understand it's not her native language, but one would expect better English on an English tour.

The tour itself is a really interesting thing to do, although I feel it's all a bit overly glitzy and with a Full Metal Jacket Americanised military feel to the place, leading to you feeling like you're on a parody war film set. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the experience, but it was all just a little cheesy for me, considering you exit each stop via the gift shop.

Koridoor tours are an average (at best) operator who do need to up their game a little. For the time being, consider booking via Klook, where your money is taken securely!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

The tour to the DMZ and JSA is good, (although it doesn't include Imjingak) and so far the cheapest but the tour provider asks for credit card details through email which is not a very safe way to pay. They should provide a better and safer way of payment.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 27, 2017

We booked the DMZ Half Day Tour with Koridoor, and it was a really good experience from the booking to the ending of the tour.

We booked online via email to koridoor tours by sending our passport pictures as well as giving our credit number for them to make payment. (other options include paying 4 days before tour at their office at USO or wire bank transfer-also 4 days before tour)

They will then send you a receipt after payment is completed.

The tour started with us arriving on a Sunday morning at 730am to USO, Seoul. Koridoor has an office there where we signed some consent forms and waited to board the bus. We were lucky as there was only 7 of us during this tour (maybe Sundays are less busy) so it was quite free and easy.

Our tour guide is Dana (which was amazing by the way) - she would provide us with information along the way inside the bus, outside the bus, at the stops we made and was ready to answer any questions we had. She even brought some gifts for a easy Q&A session in the bus!

The tour was informative and interesting. We covered the Memorial Park, the freedom bridge, the real bunker underground and unification bridge (a little extra fees), 3rd infiltration tunnel, dora observatory and dorasan station.

Overall a great experience, nothing much to complain.

Dana was accomodating and we did not feel touristy at any of the places.

Thanks Koridoor!