“Nice”

El Plato Garosugil Store
Ranked #1,303 of 123,572 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Spanish
Description: In 2006, EL PLATO's journey started with high passion of good food & ambiance. Since the time we began this journey, we surely tried hard to communicate with people who enjoy the environment we provide. We are looking forward to see more and more. We appreciate all the interest you gave us. We promise to try even harder to provide you with better service. Thank you so much.
Reviewed 11 January 2015

This was my first time at a tapas restaurant in Seoul. Nice. I cannot say it really tastes authentic or that it blew my mind. Nice flavours for sure but as a European who has had extensive exposure to real tapas (also in Spain) I may be very demanding as I really know what each of the dishes should exactly taste like. The one thing that tasted authentic was the jamon. It must have been flown from Spain. A nice choice for a change from Korean food but if I was on a quest to find the best tapas in Seoul I guess I would try a few more tapas joints first.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I've been to may places in Seoul for spanish tapas and Sangria, El Plato has the variety and the quality among them. Great for dining with friends or lovers!

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Traditional tapas, softly. Shrimp w garlic, good Caesar oddly w lox. Others were good. Next to a place called Dope Lounge.

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Having discovered this excellent little restaurant a couple of years back I returned with business guests just recently and was sad to see standards had dropped. It wasn't that what we ad wasn't good - just that the range of tapas and main dishes had drastically reduced and some of the choicest dishes had disappeared from the menu.

It was almost as though it had changed hands. Gone was the long list of tapas and the range of choice extras such as succulent beef steak and spicy paella. Now there was a laminated menu with a choice of perhaps six or eight tapas a couple of paella options and the ubiquitous Korean meal-deals!

The wine list too was reduced, as was the choice of beers.

Service remained good and friendly, but considering we only arrived at 7.30pm the place was deserted by the time we left. I wonder if, like Garusogil generally, El Plato has fallen into the trap of chasing the day-time market of young couples and wealthy friends who graze around but head off elsewhere in the evening.

That is a shame because now instead of being a top choice it is now just an also-ran!

4  Thank Sue-and-Steve-Ascot
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I love authentic spanish tapas cuisine. We were Not disappointed at el plato. Upon entering they asked if we had reservations..we did not, but I would suggest reservations.We were seated at a Tapas bar and enjoyed the location/view. This seems to feel like a local, trendy place..don't think there were any other tourists here on our visit.
We tried a little bit of everything and loved it. Had an excellent bottle of wine from Argentina-$30 US was very reasonable. Hard to find...we made sure the concierge at our hotel wrote down the address so the taxi driver could find it.(it's rather hidden down a small tertiary street) Nice break from Korean food.

1  Thank ChaCha1123