Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 17, 2017

Banana backpackers was a really nice hostel to stay at! My friend and I didn't spend much time there (we were too busy exploring!), but while we were there, we were impressed by the size and quality of our room, the amount of information about the Seoul area, and the overall layout of the building; they fit so many rooms inside an odd, little space. It was very charming! There's a view of Seoul Tower from the veranda that's just beautiful at night. I would definitely recommend Banana to anyone who's looking to stay in Seoul, but not right in the middle of the big city.

Room tip: Rooms on the first floor are closer to the kitchen and lounge, so it's easier to mingle with other people.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 2, 2016

If you want a quiet, cheap and cozy place to stay in Seoul then this hostel is for you. I stayed here for 4 nights as a solo traveler.

Good points:
1. Room - I stayed in a solo room which has its own T&B, big bed, TV, hair dryer and toiletries. The T&B is quite small but if you are a solo traveler, i feel that the size is just right. The price is also relatively cheap, considering that the basic necessities are already provided and I don't share T&B with anyone.

2. Service - I booked this hotel just thru email. The staff is very accommodating and has really good communication skills. There is no need to pay downpayment, you just need to confirm thru email once in a while.

3. Common Area - Common area is cozy with many maps which really helped me navigate through Seoul

Bad Points:
1. Location - The area is relatively close to MyeongDong and Seoul station. But the hostel is quite far from the train station. But if you are okay with walking for 10 minutes everyday, then it should be fine. The place is also quiet and safe so there is no problem walking late at night even if you're a solo female traveler.

2. Stairs - Since this is just a hostel, there are no elevators. So you would need to carry your luggages via stairs. So I wouldn't recommend this to senior travelers.

3. No breakfast - But that's okay! since there are a lot of nearby restaurants and convenience stores.

Generally, if given the chance to go back to Seoul, I will stay in Banana Backpackers again.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2016 via mobile

Banana Backpackers is a great Backpackers to stay at when in Seoul. It's about 10 to 15 minute walk from a subway and should you need a cab, you can easily find one or the Backpackers will call one for you (note that there is a call fee charged to you final cab fee).

The Backpackers itself is clean, they have many free amenities such as wifi, toiletries and towels, even free umbrellas to use. The staff are friendly and helpful.

They are reasonably priced and I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for accommodation in Seoul.

My friends and I enjoyed our stay and would stay there again should we travel to Seoul again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank laurenp1901ZA
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

The position is near (0.6 km) to a subway station, and less than 10 minutes away from the train station. It's in a very quiet position.
Rooms are comfortable but not too big, but we had a big table, private bathroom wasn't small but wasn't very good either, a little neglected.
The common kitchen is big, and you can have shampoo or bath gel for free near the entrance.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2016

This lodging has a pretty strategic location, quite near from anguk station.
we follow the instruction from their website, but couple days later we find another exit which is closer to the hostel.
Staff are helpful and speak english very well.
The bathroom is really small, but still acceptable. My favorite spot is their lounge, it quite cozy.

Date of stay: September 2015