“We searched an alternative... and found it”
Review of Carp Restaurant

Carp Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 68 Restaurants in Koror
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

After a lot of very expensive restaurants we searched for an alternative and we found it in the Carp. It is rustikal, you can meet locals and it is cheaper than many others, and the best: It offers a good food, we had fried fish some coco crab and dumplings- all great!

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

Went here after a week off shore on a live-aboard boat for a group dinner. We had high expectations of the place based on reputation and recommendations. And a fellow diver wanted to check out the bat soup (not my taste). My choice, a Japanese style Sukiyaki platter based on prawns, was heavy and greasy. Way too much oil. The choices of the other guests were singularly unmemorable although apparently the bat soup was good. Disappointing.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Traveling to Palau, Carp Restaurant is one of the local joint you must visit. The beef short ribs with pickled garlic just hits the spot. Local clam onomiyaki is my favorite dish, my kids never fail to order the fried shrimp with kangkum leaves. I grew up eating in this restaurant with my grandparents and parents now i bring my kids here. Love this place!

Reviewed 29 December 2016

This place is surprisingly great !
It's near Palau Royal Resort, looking very simple but the food is great the portions are huge , the service is very welcoming and the prices are cheap.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

We were so lucky we found this place at the first day of our sray, so we kept going here every single day. Yes, we tried different places, but it was nothing comparing to Carp. Delicious local and japanese food. Especially yellow fins sashimi, shrimp tempura, choped beef and so on. Portions are huge, so we shared and taste. Very good prices, service, atmosphere. They are close on Mondays. Closing time is 9pm. Sometimes you get a free fruit from their own garden as a desert. They also provide Bat fruit soup. This place is a must see :-)