US$120
US$89
US$104
US$96
Hotels.com
All reviewsbaie des citronsgreat locationsecure roomhear the wavesacross roadlemon bayhotel has free parkingreception staff speak englishtwo singles pushed togetherbus stop righta lagoon view roomthird floorla fiestanumerous restaurantsstayed two nightswithin walking distancemain building
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This hotel just about earns its second star, with its lovely location across the road from the beach, with bus stops just outside for buses to/from the city centre, and for general cleanliness. I stayed there for 5 nights over two visits during early October. On the first visit I was in a room on the second floor of the main building and on the second stay I was in a room on the ground floor of the annex at the rear of the main building. The telephones in the rooms do not allow outside calls (eg if you want to book a meal in a local restaurant you have to do so at the reception desk), and there are no English language TV channels.
With a notable exception, reception staff were slow and only displayed the vaguest notion of customer service. Breakfast in the adjacent restaurant was very basic. Again, with one exception, the staff were lazy and generally gave every appearance of wanting to be elsewhere (eg to order simple hot food, eg omelette, you need to ask two or more times and then you might still not get it before you give up and leave). The simple continental style choices were rarely replenished, so if you’re late for breakfast then the remaining choices will be very limited and probably unattractive.
If you use your credit card to settle your bill, make sure you check your credit card statements over the following few months – I found, a month after my stay, that hours after I’d already paid my own bill, checked out and left Noumea, I was then billed for another room’s drinks bill from the restaurant (about £22), and when the hotel failed to respond to e-mails asking for clarification, I had to ask my credit card company for a refund.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2017

Regardless the purpose of your visit to Noumea, this is an excellent place to stay! The rooms are clean, comfortable and quite few of them offer an excellent view of the beach in Baie de Citrons, 20 m away. It is close to pubs and restaurants including the Trois Brasseurs.
The staff is very professional ready to provide you with the best advice.
It is easy reachable by the shuttle from the airport. We will always return here.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2017

We stayed two nights here; one at the start of our trip, the other at the end. The contrast could not have been greater, but more on that shortly.

The hotel is fairly modern, with a great outlook to the Baie des Citrons. The beach is literally across the road, while numerous bars (the craft beers at the 3 Brasseurs are particularly good value during the daily 4-7pm Happy Hour), cafes and restaurants are about 100m walk away.

The rooms are a reasonable size, including a handy fridge, plus a small-ish bathroom. Fittings are modern and there was a decent number of electrical sockets. The number of Japanese visitors is evident from the inclusion of a Japanese (UK) electrical socket amongst the selection.

There was wi-fi in the room, but the quality was pretty patchy.

Breakfast was served at the adjacent café/restaurant, requiring a slightly odd detour outside to access from the hotel. On the morning we ate, it seemed a little disorganised eg. segments of cake sitting next to sliced ham, but there was a reasonable selection available.

The staff at reception, while initially a little cool, were helpful in assisting us to track down our hire car rep, as well as organising breakfast packs (truly magnificent feasts!) for the morning when we had a 5am departure.

Now, the impact of the day.

Our first night was a Saturday. Not only did the hotel have a disco night until late in the adjacent café/restaurant, but the locals and visitors seemed to spend half the night outside the hotel, shouting out to one another, or zooming by in their cars. Sleep was a challenge, and it would be hard to recommend the hotel for Saturday nights.

In contrast, we stayed again on a Sunday night, when everything was calm and quiet, fully recommended in any room.

So, a good option for Sunday-Thursday, but consider elsewhere if you value your sleep on Friday or Saturday nights.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaleneAndy
Reviewed 28 November 2017

If you are paying for a bed for the night then this is the place for you.Check the different hotel booking sites as prices go up and down.Both garden view rooms I had were roomy.The garden view was the garden with the carpark next door and the construction site.No noise issues.The beach is just 10 metres across the road.The MV bar another nice venue is very close.Unfortunately some days its not open before 4.30. If you like walking Anste Vata is a good K or 2 walk.If you go right outside the hotel past the steak house and the general store there is a small shopping centre at the marina.
The bus stop is next to the hotel and pretty cheap for those trips into Noumea.
On my second visit here I arrived early for an afternoon checkin and had plenty of time to walk there from Noumea.
I ate at Nathalies once and found the food good and quick service.The menu could have also been in English.At times you dont know what your looking at.I was happy with the service ,some of the restaurants further down they are under staffed and it takes forever to get a menu,food and your bill.
The room itself was roomy and the bathroom and shower were good,the bed was comfortable. Its lino floor and easy to maintain. Nothing fancy.
I will stay here again on my next trip to Noumea. Perfect location.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I think the rooms are okay, but the service was very disappointing. I had to change rooms throughout my stay because the hotel had other guests who booked my room for longer than I did. It was an inconvenience for my vacation, but I was accommodating to make things easy for them. In return I got downgraded to a tiny twin bed room, without letting me know the difference, even though it was more expensive due to it being a Friday night. The bed was very small and uncomfortable. When I expressed my overall disappointment they said they will get back to me, but after 20 minutes of waiting I had to contact them again and I simply got a short answer along the lines: Bad luck, we are fully booked. I don’t think this is a way to treat any guest!

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo