US$144
Citi Boutique Hotel(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$136
US$129
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
Grand Papua Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$160
Hotels.com
Airways Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$220
Priceline
  • Pool
Ela Beach Hotel(Port Moresby)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscellar restaurantgreat place to staycurrypizzaair conditioningportkenyan
Reviewed 10 May 2018

My collegies and I went for dinner as it is close to our workplace. The ambience on entry is quiet and impressive. Being able to have a chat with friends without competing with noisey machines or customers is a major plus.
Staff were polite and accommodating, service prompt and we all had our food quickly.
The food was EXCELLENT! It was hot and tasty and well presented. A great selection and the price more than reasonable. All of our party stated that they would willingly return.
In fact we are celebrating 2 members birthdays this Friday.
I wrote a quick verse in honour of the Cellar

“The future is bright, we have seen the light, to eat at the Cellar is such a DELIGHT, we enjoyed it so much we think we just might, go back to eat on Friday night”

John, Vanessa, Clare, Thania, Jane, and Thomas

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
illuzone, Owner at The Shady Rest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review and all the compliments. I am truly at a loss of words but never have been this motivated in my life to make sure that your next visit to the Cellar will be even better.

The credit, no doubt, all goes to the GM, the Manager, the hardworking staff and the Chefs, cooks and kitchen staff that put in their fullest efforts to try and make every patron’s visit magical.

This Friday’s buffet and your members birthdays will be a big celebration not only for you and also for all of us. See you all on Friday!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

The Best atmosphere I've ever had, peas full, it's like home with nice and sweet tempered waitress, lovely foodyummy
I had buffet for my lunch with 2 years old red wine and cheese cake for dessert, nice and lovely

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Always good service and the food in the restaurants is delicious. The rooms are perfect and always clean. The staff are very helpful and always kind. Very good place to stay in port moresby compared to other places.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
SRHManagement, Owner at The Shady Rest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and continue to do so. It has been a pleasure for the staff and Management alike to have hosted and served you. We all take pride in the quality and cleanliness of the rooms,the high quality of the food and the great service that our staff offer to all our guests. Take care

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Stayed at the Shady Rest for a couple of days, as I wanted a safe, quiet and affordable hotel. The Shady Rest has become a place of preference for me, as I know staff deliver great service, a big variety of food at the restaurant and modern rooms. No issues with cleanliness, house keeping does a great job of keeping your room clean. The hotel owner has a wealth of knowledge of Port Moresby and is happy to help you with recommendations or ideas what to do. Staff there treat you like family and you feel very welcomed. If you need to go anywhere, reception will find a cab that can securely bring you to your destination. I prefer the Shady Rest over the big commercial hotels, due to the personal service they provide. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Thank you very much for a great review. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. I can’t say this often enough but the great service and service is all due to our staffs hard work and effort.

We hope to see you and serve you again very very soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Dear all,
Shady rest Hotel is the best Hotel i have found in PNG, This was my 3rd time visit to PNG and i was lucky to find Shady hotel, I really loved the food, staff, and the humble person MD of Shady Mr. Iqbal Rayani sir who made our stay more beautiful. all the staff were very friendly. It was very safest place we could have a walk in the hotel spacious area even at late nights.
Mikes pizza was awesome also the cellular restaurant who gave us indian food with real taste.
I wish i could stay many more days

Room Tip: All rooms are best.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
SRHManagement, Owner at The Shady Rest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are all very happy that you have enjoyed all your stays with us. We look forward to serving you again very very soon.

I am loss as to how to respond when a happy guest names me personally. The reality is that our excellent and hard working staff make it all happen and really are the ones that deserve the accolades. They take great pride in providing the best service possible. Our earnest and heartfelt thanks go to the GM, the duty and departmental Managers and all the staff of the hotel, restaurants, the Hair boutique, the Tapas Bar and not to forget the Security staff that help make this hotel one of the safest places in the country!