See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have stayed in Asuncion various times in various hotels and this is one of my favorites. The location is 5 stars... easy walking to a many great restaurants (saving taxi fares) and the hotel has character and good service. The breakfast is very good and the hotel is clean, though rooms could do with new carpet. If you are staying for more than a night, call, ask for the manager and you can negotiate the price down by 10% or more.
Rooms have strong internet signal strength. Ask for a room higher up to avoid street noise.

Room tip: Higher is better.
Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 20 May 2015

I spend one week in Sabe Center hotel. The reception was good and the room very comfortable.
They have a good breakfast (not a HUGE breakfast as they said) and the restaurant has a reasonable menu.

Positive point: location, you can easily move around the city, there are a few of touristic points and good restaurants (TGI Friday and Hard Rock) around the hotel .

Negative point: the gym its very old, they don't have a car service available (Taxi drivers cheat tourist all the time in Asuncion, be careful) and the front desk don't speak English.

Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A hotel in the city center, with some things beautiful but old-fashioned, the personal very attentive and the breakfast good. The worst is the old of the building and the not very clean carpets and curtains.

Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Octavio S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My last stay at the SABE in February 2014 there was construction in the room above mine, which I complained about the noise. Administration LISTENED, yes Administration at the SABE does care and they do listen. They made construction not start till 9:00am and stop by 4:00pm, which was nice of them.
When I checked in on May 1, 2014 they automatically upgraded me to a suite for my troubles last time. As I have said before, this is a first class organization which is extremely rare in Latin America. Sadly, the head waiter in the restaurant "Ramon" who has been here for years retired for health reasons. I am sad to see him go, a real professional always took great care of me as the whole staff has always done. I had the "cream of tomato soup" twice this trip and I can say it was very good. This is not your typical hotel, dining room food is excellent, and the breakfast is the best. In my reports about other hotels I almost always complain about the coffee at other hotels, the "café con leche" for breakfast at the SABE is very good. For me, another excellent stay at the SABE, I highly recommend this hotel to everyone visiting Asuncion.

Room tip: Try and get a higher room to avoid mosquitos during that season. Try the "cream of tomato soup" in the dining room.
Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank CaptainKuddles
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I do not work for the Sabe or have any personal connection with them. I was just recently in Paraguay and Brazil and I do not give every hotel excellent reviews. See my Recent reviews for the Royal Palace and Intercity Express in Porto Alegre that I visited during this trip also.

I am picky and I have been staying here for years. I had an issue this trip with the sink in my bathroom leaking and it was fixed immediately. Yes there are certain rooms that may need a little update, but all are Very Clean, large, large bathroom With Bidet, large screen LCD. Breakfast always plenty and excellent. I travel 150,000-200,00 miles per year to many cities and countries. Yes the Crowne Plaza in Asuncion is modern and "cool", but I doubt they will give you the personal attention that the SABE will give you. Of all the hotels I travel to worldwide, this is "my personal favorite" ! Only one that I truly feel 100% comfortable staying at ALL the time. I am not paid to say this nor do I have any personal interests, I just like staying here, period, and I think mosts guests will also say the same.

Room tip: Get a room in a high floor during rainy season to get away from the mosquitos if you like to open the window for fresh air as I do.
Date of stay: October 2013