US$132
Hotel Cecilia(Asuncion)
US$69
US$101
US$89
Las Lomas Casa Hotel(Asuncion)
US$110
US$50
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$60/night.

El Nomada Hostel(Asuncion)(Great Value!)
US$24
All reviewscity hotelclassic stylefront desk staffguaranitriangularenglishparaguaycomfort
Reviewed 13 March 2018

The hotel residential floors are triangular. My wife and I had a suite on one point of the hotel, facing the park and the River Paraguay. The suite was well priced and quirky in shape. But, we had a nice view and appreciated the space.

Breakfasts are fine, with fresh fruits, cereals and hot dishes.

Hotel is well situated for enjoying old town Asuncion.

There is one entire floor dedicated to the pool and gym. It is amazing to swim in this pool, considering the activity in the surrounding streets.

Staff is helpful.

Room Tip: A high corner suite, with a view of the park, is worth the additional money.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2018

The Guarani Hotel is centrally located, very comfortable and a nice place to stay while in Asuncion. The breakfast buffet is very good with good chipa, fruit and pastries. The staff gave very good service.

The price is good and there is free parking for your car.

I was in Paraguay celebrating my Peace Corps experience 50 years ago. At the time I was in the Peace Corps (1967 to 1969) the Guarani Hotel was the outstanding hotel in Downtown Asuncion. My stay at the hotel was a good trip down memory lane. I enjoyed the hotel and the service it had.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the main plaza for weekend stays - there are street bands that play loud music in the evenings. .
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

I don’t know how old this hotel is but in some areas it is in need of some refurbishment. We visited Paraguay for a period of 6 weeks and travelled around the country. However we had reason to stay in this hotel on 2 occasions, we had a different room on each occasion. The rooms on both visits were well cleaned. However our concerns were loose fixtures and fittings, ie loose electrical sockets, and in the bathrooms loose taps.
The outstanding, and for us, memorable experience about our stay was the restaurant. Every meal we had there was of a really high standard, complemented by a excellent choice of wines and famous names spirits. The Maitre Restaurante Yasyreta Jose Almiron was a really charming, and extremely obliging person always busying himself ensuring a first class service. Also there is a outdoor swimming pool, and a indoor gymnasium which are available to all residents, to the best of my knowledge.
All the staff were friendly and helpful in our opinion a great place to stay, and not over priced.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Last weekend my parents decided to go to Asunción to visit my sister. Since I know well that THE Hotel Guaraní is very well located I booked the hotel for them. After two nights, at the lobby, the receptionist Bárbara ruins their trip by not giving the change at first. She denied giving such a small amount of money, yet MONEY. Later, my mom, who does not speak well Spanish, gives Bárbara a “chance” to give her HER change by giving small change so Bárbara could give the sum of money. Now, that woman couldn’t deny, so she throws away the money to my mom.

A receptionist in a fancy, famous, expensive hotel with history denies giving change. A receptionist who is the first person to meet and see at the hotel. A receptionist who is the face of the hotel. DENIED GIVING CHANGE AND LATER THROWS THE MONEY TO THE VISITORS. Is that even possible?

Bárbara, because of YOU this one star that I am giving is not worth it. I would give this one star just for the location, just because Bolsi and LidoBar are near.

Ña Bárbara, gracias por la pésima atención. 100 guaraníes, 500 guaraníes, 1.000 guaraníes, 3.000 guaraníes, 10.000 guaraníes, siguen siendo DINERO, PLATA, PIRAPIRE, MONEY, 돈. Si el huésped pide por el sencillo, procurás no tirás. Entendés ¿verdad?

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank grinda2015
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I love this hotel, great and helpful staff, centrally located, the handicraft market is right in front, the historical district is nearby, everything is within walking distance.
You may want to speak slowly as some hotel staff are not fluent in English, but they are all warm and welcome and trying to help you to have a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo