The Durban Hotel
Cara Lodge(Georgetown)
US$116
US$112
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$125/night.

US$115
  • Pool
The Eldorado Inn(Georgetown)
  • Breakfast included
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Me and my family have a great time. DENNIS the owner , and his wife was very accomadating to us. We felt right at home. The staff was also great especially the lady that works in the kitchen.She accomadated my son by making the egg that he liked. Can't wait to return to the Durban hotel.We had a great time.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Durban H, General Manager at The Durban Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Thanks for the compliments.It was pleasure having you and your family.Best regards,Mr.Adams.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I stayed here for one night before going out for a 9 day fishing excursion. I arrived late in the evening and the staff was able to schedule my transportation from the airport to the hotel, and to the airport again the next morning. The staff at the resort were helpful and friendly (and were even able to exchange my US currency when the airport wasn't able to). The resort itself was clean and comfortable. I was put off a bit by the 8' security fencing around the resort, but didn't experience any problems with it or in the area (feeling unsafe). I also stayed here a second night, on my return from the jungle fishing trip. I would definitely recommend this for your stay, the price was worth it.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 29 November 2016

I spent a week at The Durban Hotel in November 2016 and during that time I found the staff to be friendly an courteous. They did their best to ensure that guests were comfortable and happy. I recommend The Durban Hotel to anyone taking a trip to Guyana.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank ghowell1015
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I will recommend this hotel to anyone and every time I go to Guyana I will be staying at this Hotel.

It layout is neat and tidy, well kept, and the staff is pleasant and accommodating.

I felt comfortable and safe at all times

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank sohanb1
Reviewed 1 November 2016

The Durban Hotel is not a 4* hotel. It's located quite a way from the centre of Georgetown. I booked a delux double and it was much smaller than I expected - I'd hate to think what a standard double is like. The bathroom was basic - no hot water tap in the sink. Breakfast was poor and the breakfast room small and dark. Having said that the place was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Like others have said, our taxi driver warned us that the neighbourhood was dangerous which might explain why the place was practically empty when we were there. However, my wife and I walked around during the day without any sense of danger. We didn't walk around at night but taxi's in Georgetown are so cheap £1-£2 will get you most places (except the airports!).

I don't know but feel that you can get much better in Georgetown for the price.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple