Herdmanston Lodge -- Guyana Hotels
US$206
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

The Eldorado Inn(Georgetown)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnew winghome from homeplace to stayfashion showgolden apple juicewithin walking distance of the hotelmiddle classgracious staffsmall placeolder partgreat holidaymeets modernbrazilian embassyresidential arealocal farebotanical gardenskaieteur falls
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Guyana after 30+ years and I decided to stay at this hotel. The property was very very clean and modern. The seating and dining areas was relaxing with a hint of good music in the background. Definitely a plus for the hotel. The staff was professional and friendly. I was always greeted with a welcome every morning. My room was very spacious and clean. The food at the in house restaurant was good. The pepper pot was on point, fried fish with chips and bake and salt fish were my go to meals. The garden area was pretty and a breath of fresh air. I would definetely recommend this hotel to everybody! It's a true experience of excellent hospitality.

Sherrie & Renata T

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I have to say after staying at this location twice and wanting to be a third time returning gas and filling out all required paperwork in credit card information 24 hours before arriving to Guyana for Easter of 2018 we were advised that there was no reservation for us I had provided the hotel staff with the email confirmation as well as the credit card confirmation email sent along with the confirmation email from Nisha at the front desk of the lodge we stayed at this Lodge two times already and had an amazing time and the staff are amazing However unfortunately due to their Miss pop of managing information and booking us a room for Easter weekend we decided to stay at the Marriott in Guyana Georgetown going forward I would recommend that if you do book this Lodge be sure to call ahead and confirm all information as they were unable to provide us a room although information was given to confirm that a room was available very disappointing for a very lovely little small place however we will never return again

Stayed: September 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The staff is fantastic they will go above and beyond to help you.
The location of this hotel is on a quiet street (Peter Rose St) in Queenstown GT. It is five minutes from the botanical gardens and zoo and many other amenities. The food was amazing, breakfast with Susanne and Marcia was always a delight. We sat on the balcony in front of the restaurant with the fresh Atlantic ocean breeze. You can not see the ocean, but I know it's ocean breeze. We always ate the local food and fresh fruit, which was even better for my husband on his first trip to Guyana. The office team is such a delight to work with, even before we arrive, Quinton, send me a lovely message. Then we later talked with Genny to book a few more nights after our resort stays in Bartica. She was very polite and professional yet friendly.
As for the room, it was cleaned every day and smell great. All rooms are soundproof with AC unit inside with cold and hot water. It's a family business, and I can tell that they take great pride in what they do. I spoke with Mr. Williams, and Mrs. Williams they are also owners of the business, Mrs. Williams even helped me backed my goodies to bring back so that they would not break or spill (which worked). I would recommend this hotel to any and everyone I know.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and soundproof...
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel M
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Our group of 10 family members to visit family and do a memory lane trip. For some of us it was 2 - 45 years since visiting our home land, and we had a great time. Our stay at Herdmanston Lodge was the first for most of us and was highly recommended. The staff was really nice and friendly and we made friends was most of them. I first made contact with Genny who was not the most friendly person and actually did not reply to my email, so had to make another phone call and Quinton who answered was the most efficient and friendly person. Damian in dining room was nice and Tina the chef was was the best. I just loved the bakes, every morning I would have one or two, and the day we were to depart for home, she gave us a short course on how to make them and also gave us the recipe which I am going to try out soon. We had breakfast most mornings and I highly recommend the stew fish and provisions which cost about $12.00 ca, the best. The only negative comment about the food, is that there were not many choices and the dinner food was barely warm. The rooms were quite large and house keeping staff was wonderful, giving us extra towels when we needed. The rooms with balconies were the best, but beware the room 217 window looked out to a sort of gutter with was black and had a foul smell, some days it was okay some days it was quite bad, depending on the wind that day. what was really wonderful was the late check out we got from the owner, he was very nice and accommodating. The location was very good, quite and breezy and safe.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful, peaceful, and elegant. Loved the grounds, the room, the service. Gracious staff who went the extra mile to get me golden apples, a fruit that I love. "Thank you". Felt like a welcomed guest for the few days I stayed.

Comparable to highly-rated hotels in any developed country.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo